Profiler with Focusrite Scarlett

• Hi there

I plug my profiler head into a Scarlett 6i6 2nd gen. I had some trouble for month using the SPDIF (clipping), so I switched to analog (inputs 3-4 for the Scarlett). It works quite well, but time to time, the Scarlet loose my preset (3-4 input doesn't show up on the interface, so i need to add it). I asked Focusrite support. Let say guys from kemper and Native instruments support are way better. Same problem with every Scarlett software release.

Any clue ?

• Focusrite software is known to have issues. I can only suggest you get another brand. I have the Motu M4 and only touched it once during the initial install. I set it and forget it because it works all the time everytime.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Focusrite software is known to have issues. I can only suggest you get another brand. I have the Motu M4 and only touched it once during the initial install. I set it and forget it because it works all the time everytime.

I’m not sure that’s the case Larry. Focusrite are probably the biggest selling interfaces in the world and seem to work for the vast majority of people. I had a Focusrite Thunderbolt interface until quite recently when I bought a new Mac that would no longer work with it. The Focusrite and its software was rock solid for over 10 years. I now have a MOTU Ultra Lite MK5. It has been unstable from day one. Even had the first one replaced and the replacement still has problems. It has improved somewhat since the last Firmware and CueMix driver update but it still isn’t a stable as my old Focusrite was.

I think every manufacturer can have some issues on some systems for some users and it’s really just a matter of systematically troubleshooting until you reach the root pf the problem.