MIDI Controller for Kemper Player

• Hi!

I’m lookin for a decent MIDI controller for my Kemper Player. I already tried Ampero Control but didn’t like it and returned it. I’m thinkin about two options:

Something with 2-3 switches like Kemper Controller, but I’m not sure if I can use it to assign to buttons A/B for example rig 1 or 3 etc. I don’t want to move around my current bank, but have every switch assigned to particular rig.

Other options are

- Blackstar Live Logic

- Airstep Smart Control

I’d prefer to have footswitch with buttons set in horizontal way.

Do you guys have an experience with Blackstar or Airstep or maybe something else comes to your mind? It would be the best if it’s available on EU market (i’m from Poland). Quite important note - I don’t want to use an external MIDI interface, just USB B if it is possible.

• Hi, I just bought 2 weeks ago "MIDI Captain STD" with 10 switches by Paintaudio, it's not expensive and it's a good extension for me.

A new Firmware 3.5 is for the PLAYER, but you can program it to your taste! And I wrote that a new Firmware with more options for the PLAYER is planned!!

More information: https://paintaudio.com/

I bought it at Amazon.de:

Search for: PAINTAUDIO-Multi-Effects-Synthesizer-Musiksoftware

There's a version with or without wireless function.

• midi captain really seems like the way to go. once the newer products come back in stock, im likely picking one up. im impressed with their stuff and they don't cost much compared to most everything else.

"No socks? No problem."

• Thank you guys, this MIDI captain seems interesting but I’m afraid it has too mamy buttons for me. I’m also singer so I just want to keep everything simple but still it’s a great option ^^

• Thank you guys, this MIDI captain seems interesting but I’m afraid it has too mamy buttons for me. I’m also singer so I just want to keep everything simple but still it’s a great option ^^

Midicaptain comes in versions with 2, 4, 6, and 10 switches, which should meet your requirements

• Ok guys, quick update. Bought myself Morningstar MC3 and works perfectly. It’s very easy to set it up and doesn’t require anything except USB A-B. But I’m still trying to figure out what MIDI message should I send to change bank, not only preset.

• take a look at this post, if you're looking for a midi controller for the player-

• I`m using M-Vave Chocolate midi, no issues so far. But again, it might not fit the decent part of the thread. it is cheap, works great, fully customizable it is just chinese, small and it has only 4 switches.