Rigs not saving in "My Profiler"

• Hello, so i am a new Kemper user (i have the PowerRack version) and i love this thing so far. I actually have a problem being sometimes i'm in the "my profiler" section, i delete a rig by right-clicking on it then click "delete rig", it gets deleted, then i close my rig manager, and when i open it back the profile is back in "my profiler". It also happens that i take a random rig from the rig exchange, save it in "my profiler" by using "store rig in profiler", it is in "my profiler", everything works fine, and when i close then open back my rig manager it is gone. It also happened that rigs that are already in my profiler that i rename/add effects to/change settings go back to how they were originally after i close and open the rig manager even though i did hit "replace rig" after finishing my changes. I also have to say that even though some rigs don't have this problem at all, some are gonna have it then never have it again, or they could be absolutely fine, i can modify or rename them as i want and then for no reason one day they will start having this problem. I also noticed that a preset that was correctly deleted some time ago came back just now at the same time as new ones that i wanted to keep were deleted from "my profiler" as if the rig manager was restoring an old version of what was inside my profiler. I think the problem is caused by the fact that i don't have the latest update, but when i click on install update it works well for Rig Manager and when i click on yes to update my Profiler too there is an error saying to contact the support because the update has failed. I already did, they answered in 2 days, did exactly what they asked me to (send them some files), which i did, and they never answered again though i sent another mail in the same conversation just to be sure. I had my Profiler for like one week before this happened and i basically can not use it, which is pretty fustrating. Could you help me to resolve that ?

• Doing the update via a usb stick and not the rig manager (format your usb stick, download the latest profiler os from kemper.com, extract everything then put the file "kaos.bin" in the usb stick, insert the usb stick in the kemper and press the "yes" when the Profiler asks you if you want to install the update.

• New
    • Official Post

Doing the update via a usb stick and not the rig manager (format your usb stick, download the latest profiler os from kemper.com, extract everything then put the file "kaos.bin" in the usb stick, insert the usb stick in the kemper and press the "yes" when the Profiler asks you if you want to install the update.

tristandnt

I don't know why you came to this conclusion, but the way you update your Profiler has absolutely nothing to do with the issue you described in your first post. I'm also pretty sure that nobody at Kemper gave you this advice.

Could it be that you were simply asked to update your Profiler to a newer software version?

• I don't really know since i'm new to the Profiler, but the thing is they adviced me to update my it via a USB stick (i put a screenshot of the conversation down below) and it solved my problem. What i described (the kaos.bin document, etc) was just what i found on Google when i searched how to update my Profiler via a usb stick since i got no details of how to do it at all.

• New
    • Official Post

tristandnt

Support advised you to update using the USB stick method because you emailed beforehand: "I've just tried to update again, but an update couldn't be done." - Again, the method you use to update has absolutely nothing to do with your original problem.

• You are right, i probably explained things in a weird way. I tried to update using the rig manager and when i clicked on "update the profiler" my profiler's screen was showing an "update failed" message and asking me to contact support. What i was saying was that my problem probably came from the fact that i haven't got the update installed before updating via USB stick (since it was the only way the update could be done for me), and that it was resolved by installing the update, not by installing it a different way.