Draw the Line (pop rock)

• Still using the G&L Tele and the TD - Jer Can profile. I love all the tones I am getting from this guitar. I have some atmosphere on the delay tails and I added a bit of synth drone to some parts as a filler. Bass is still slightly stronger than I want. Squier Precision Bass and SD3 drums. I'm having fun coming up with these bass line riffs.

We had week long party with two out-of-town families and the eclipse (pic below). Of course, I get sick and been so for ten days. Bad upper respiratory infection SUCKS! Eclipse was really cool! I'll get back to some heavy metal mixes next.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Well done Larry , tele sounds great and you're more into crunch tones now thanks to the tele ;)

Thanks Renaud! Love that tele!

I got some tips from MuddySludge on how to keep the bass from "blooming" in certain parts of song structure. I'll apply those tips on the next mixes.

• Great progress. Getting into crunch and more atmospheric effects that go well with the eclipse pictures.

Even bass is all about taming the wolf notes more than compression. For me if I want to spend the time on fixing it I usually have to use a dynamic EQ like neutron and then just watch the frequency graph to see which resonant peak at the bottom is spiking at the bloom parts, then just notch that one frequency as tightly as possible and have it dynamically triggered. The result is always cleaner. Typically it's only a single EQ point that's needed.

• Great progress. Getting into crunch and more atmospheric effects that go well with the eclipse pictures.

Even bass is all about taming the wolf notes more than compression. For me if I want to spend the time on fixing it I usually have to use a dynamic EQ like neutron and then just watch the frequency graph to see which resonant peak at the bottom is spiking at the bloom parts, then just notch that one frequency as tightly as possible and have it dynamically triggered. The result is always cleaner. Typically it's only a single EQ point that's needed.

Thanks Per!