What is the repair time in your area?

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Greetings all,

Well, I am a new Kemper player owner but have yet to hear a sound out of the unit. All my fault, took it out of the box, plugged my instruments in and it prompted fell and broke the input jack. However; when I brought it to the Authorized Service Center the turn around is 2 MONTHS. I am in LA, a fairly large market.

My question is, "is a 2 MONTH turnaround for a repair to be expected?"

I contacted Kemper directly and will post their actions.

Hope everyone is well, M

:( :S  :( :S Player Player :) :S :) :S

• MikeLA

Changed the title of the thread from “What us the repair time in youe area?” to “What is the repair time in your area?”.
  • Good question - I was just about to post a similar inquiry. If your experience is typical, I am looking at another six weeks. I sent my Toaster in for service and it was received by the US Authorized Service Center on 4/16/24 - two weeks ago. I requested an ETA but so far, have not heard anything. :(

• Yah, thnx for the responses.

Kemper contacted me right away with an offer to ship to Colorado.

Definitely going to get it back from the local shop and ship it out to the mothership.

PS Hi Filipe more to follow once I'm rocking the player

• New
    • Official Post

However; when I brought it to the Authorized Service Center the turn around is 2 MONTHS. I am in LA, a fairly large market.

My question is, "is a 2 MONTH turnaround for a repair to be expected?"

Let me give you some background info on that:

An authorized service center is a facility we work with. They get parts from us, etc., but they're still 100% independent. So, if you feel like two months is too much (it is too much time), you should approach us directly. We can't make a service center work quicker, but depending on where you are located, we can offer alternatives. We service units inhouse in both the US and Germany.

• Let me give you some background info on that:

An authorized service center is a facility we work with. They get parts from us, etc., but they're still 100% independent. So, if you feel like two months is too much (it is too much time), you should approach us directly. We can't make a service center work quicker, but depending on where you are located, we can offer alternatives. We service units inhouse in both the US and Germany.

Thanks, good to know, that fact should be in bold print when someone searches your site for repair info.

I did an internet search and Advanced is the only place listed so I wrongly assumed that was my only option.

That shop has a long history of ridiculous turn around times and poor service.

As a Marshall enthusiast I have had to use their service in the past as they are the authorized repair center for all major brands in LA.

PLEASE FIND ANOTHER REPAIR FACILITY.

• G String

Closed the thread.
  • G String

Opened the thread.
  • Well... I was asked to pay for my repair last week - and I did so immediately - but I still haven't received word on when the repair will be done, or when the unit will be shipped back to me...

• Well... I was asked to pay for my repair last week - and I did so immediately - but I still haven't received word on when the repair will be done, or when the unit will be shipped back to me...

I'm beginning to think repair guys are a lot like musicians; great at music, lousy at business . . . ;)

• We've changed agents here.

I purchased the KPA in 2018. last year it experienced a fault and the current agent refused to repair it on the grounds that it was not a product they were responsible for

So I had to get it repaired by a private repairer, very frustrating