Studio EQ and stack...

• Hi,

I have a couple of questions. Sorry if they sound dumb but I'm late to the game (ordered in march and got it last month...) and this thing confuses me. I deal with lots of very technical stuff for my work but I guess I haven't grasped the architecture of the interface yet... got to put my german cap on..

Studio EQ; Where is this? Not in the book and/or the Kemper. I have the latest firmware (not the betas...)

Stacks: How do I copy a cab from one of my favourite patches over to one of my profiles?

I sure hope they will come out with an editor for this thing cause I have so many renaming parameters that I don't want to have to do it with the knob...

Can I chance the cab author and description on one of my own profiles AFTER I've profiled it?

Thanks for your help guys. Will share some profiles soon!

• the studio EQ is available for the A, B, C, D, X and Mod slots.
    select one of those slots and turn the 'Type' (!) control in the upper left of the display until Studio EQ is displayed. (this 'issue' usually means that the 'Browse' knob was used in stead of 'Type' - I recommend reading the manual)
    really, - I mean it! ;)

To edit the tag info, simply select the block, press 'show tag' , scroll into the line in question and press 'edit'.

• the studio EQ is available for the A, B, C, D, X and Mod slots.
    select one of those slots and turn the 'Type' (!) control in the upper left of the display until Studio EQ is displayed. (this 'issue' usually means that the 'Browse' knob was used in stead of 'Type' - I recommend reading the manual)
    really, - I mean it! ;)

To edit the tag info, simply select the block, press 'show tag' , scroll into the line in question and press 'edit'.

Thanks, that was very helpful.

I am reading the manual. But even a full text search for Studio EQ in the pdf manual bring up NOTHING. Also the fact that the BROWSE button shows some effect but not all...makes no sense to me. I don't want to be negative cause I really do love this unit and have been waiting for this kinda thing for years but lets face it; this thing is not finished. Frozen screens, glitches, no responding quite fast enough to certain commends etc etc. This is a late beta product and I feel the interface and manual is the same.

Don't get me wrong; I much rather have this than waiting for it for an other year. Just trying to learn its quirks and stuff.

Edited once, last by 01000100 ().

• the 'Type' control let's you select what kind of effect you want in that slot.
    the 'Browse' control let's you, uh, browse the local presets of those effects, like different settings for the Green Scream stomp.

Freezes and glitches? What firmware are you using? What exactly happens?

also, page 22 of the Reference manual describes the difference between 'Browse' and 'Type' and page 41 refers to the Studio EQ.

• Stacks: How do I copy a cab from one of my favourite patches over to one of my profiles?

Go to that favourite patch.
    Press/Hold the Cabinet button.
    Now Press/Hold the 'Store' button...select "Cabinet".
    Name it and Store it.
    Now select your Profile...press the Cabinet button...scroll (Browse Knob) to the Cabinet you just 'Stored'.
    Done.

Perhaps you haven't Imported Cabinets onto your KPA yet, if not here you go.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55111…inets%20August%202012.zip

Be patient, the UI is so simple even a moron like me figured it out without ever reading the manual.
    Spend one week with the KPA and you'll be able to use the UI blindfolded.

• the 'Type' control let's you select what kind of effect you want in that slot.
    the 'Browse' control let's you, uh, browse the local presets of those effects, like different settings for the Green Scream stomp.

also, page 22 of the Reference manual describes the difference between 'Browse' and 'Type' and page 41 refers to the Studio EQ.

Sometimes (actually 1 out of 3 times) when I switch to profiling mode, the unit doesn't respond. I have to turn the switch back and forth once or twice and then it works.

Also, sometimes I stop on a patch and select load and it goes to a nearby patch and loads that one.

• Thanks. I will try that!

I have a quick question. The manual does not state how the Q width works. I have always assumed that all the way to right would be very narrow, in the center would be a medium width, and all the way to the left would be a very wide Q width. Is this correct?

• I have a quick question. The manual does not state how the Q width works. I have always assumed that all the way to right would be very narrow, in the center would be a medium width, and all the way to the left would be a very wide Q width. Is this correct?

the higher the Q value, the narrower the filter.

for exsample (filter width in octaves = Q value):

0,5 octave = Q 2,871

1 octave = Q 1,414

2 octaves = Q 0,667

4 octaves = Q 0,267

• Go to that favourite patch.
    Press/Hold the Cabinet button.
    Now Press/Hold the 'Store' button...select "Cabinet".
    Name it and Store it.
    Now select your Profile...press the Cabinet button...scroll (Browse Knob) to the Cabinet you just 'Stored'.
    Done.

since the addition of the 'browse cabinet from rigs' feature this isn't really necessary any more.

• the higher the Q value, the narrower the filter.

for exsample (filter width in octaves = Q value):

0,5 octave = Q 2,871

1 octave = Q 1,414

2 octaves = Q 0,667

4 octaves = Q 0,267

should this be "2 octaves = 0.707 ... 4 octaves = 0.354 ...", etc?

could I request definitive values for 1/6 8ve, 1/4 8ve, 1/3 8ve, 1/2 8ve, etc ?

thx ...

... for the very best in jazz education ...

The Rick Barda School of Music

www.drbop.com

• Really? Isn't it deltaf the constant parameter (f2-f1)?

Edit: with a bit of arithmetic I see how f(c) normalizes the formula, so that f2/f1 is constant if deltaf is constant as well :)

Edited once, last by viabcroce: Sudden enlightenment! ().