Look inside the KPA and discuss a better form factor, but ... it finally happened!!! ;o)

• I'm sorry guys but I can't stop myself from dreamin' ;)

[Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67811909/stompkemper.jpg]

kemper stompbox/loader, throw it in your gigbag and your sound is with you! :thumbup:

come on, who will photoshop us a nice rackversion?! :D

my current Gear: Custom Strat´s (Konstinger Ultimate Guitars), VoVox Cables, KPA, Custom Floor Board, Line6 G50 Wireless, Sennheiser IN Ear, Motu Ultralite mk3, Genelec 1030A, Neumann TLM 103, Apple Audio/Video Stuff

Edited once, last by konstinger ().

• 3 rackspace with full controls like the original KPA, but with more i/o option

strereo monitor out to my stagerig (cab off)
    and at the same time running xlr out with cab on to pa-system..

even a preamploop for connecting external preamps or stompboxes would be nice...

• Now that we have 100 votes for the KPA form factor, there is one thing the Kemper headquarter should think of.

More than 40% of the votes are going to another form factor than the existing one, even though the voters haven't seen or touched another one! 8|

I'm really curious if we'll get more votes, maybe up to 1000 or more ? ;) :rolleyes: That would be more representative. :thumbup:

my current Gear: Custom Strat´s (Konstinger Ultimate Guitars), VoVox Cables, KPA, Custom Floor Board, Line6 G50 Wireless, Sennheiser IN Ear, Motu Ultralite mk3, Genelec 1030A, Neumann TLM 103, Apple Audio/Video Stuff

• Interesting that almost 50% of the voters want a rack format.

OTOH, guys, there must be something terribly wrong here... the poll reads that 101 votes have been submitted, but the voters (summing the fractions) sum up to 127 (23:56 Rome time). And, the sum of the fractional percentages is 127 as well...

I guess the system allows for multiple voting but counts each person as one, no matter how choices they have made. Not really scientific, I'd say...

Finally, 100 votes is really not enough to say anything serious. First, we don't know how many units are currently being used worldwide; second, we don't know how much the voters are representative of the forum's population (who did not vote? Why? What would they vote in case?); third, because this forum is for sure not representative of the KPA's population worldwide. Think of all the studios and pros owning one but not being members here...

I voted for the 3U anyway :)

• Interesting that almost 50% of the voters want a rack format.

OTOH, guys, there must be something terribly wrong here... the poll reads that 101 votes have been submitted, but the voters (summing the fractions) sum up to 127 (23:56 Rome time). And, the sum of the fractional percentages is 127 as well...

I guess the system allows for multiple voting but counts each person as one, no matter how choices they have made. Not really scientific, I'd say...

... of course I've activated multiple voting, nothing wrong here, up to three different votes possible, ceep cool :)

ie. I would buy one for the studio, one for the live rack and one for my Gigbag :thumbup:

(hoping Mr. Kemper is reading this and wants to sell me more devices) :D

• I definetely would ! :thumbup:

[Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/67811909/floorkemper.jpg]

I started a thread a few months back about exactly this...I got slammed. :)

However, I suggested the current KPA should be the 'mothership', and the floorboard KPA unit (like your picture) should be the satellite/floorboard unit with very few controls.
    All the floorboard version needs is the ability to store a few dozen "live" presets, volume and EQ controls, and FX editing ability.

• My preferences are:
    1/ the original head - lunchbox format
    2/ a stomp box like format (player only) with full midi capabilities to control it.
    3/ a floorboard format, but with at least 10 foot switches to control the unit.
    4/ a combo version maybe 1x12 FR speaker, 200 - 300w.

I prefer the original format, but if ever Kemper decides to come out with a new product, I would like a small footprint, kipr player.
    I voted the stomp box but as new product, not to replace the original.

• ... of course I've activated multiple voting, nothing wrong here, up to three different votes possible, ceep cool :)

ie. I would buy one for the studio, one for the live rack and one for my Gigbag :thumbup:

Nothing wrong with this, and I was not criticizing you! :) But knowing the way the system works helps interpreting the data, doesn't it? :) We can't really say that 30 people out of 100 would like a 3U version over something else, for example, when 10 of them would be happy with a floor version as well. this is what the multiple choice doesn't say :)

• definitely a 2 HE rack unit.

the KPA has way too much redundant knobs on the front. actually, i wouldn't miss the upper half of the unit except the master volume, tap, FX and stomp knobs. all the other dials in the upper half as well as the on/off, lock, copy, paste and the four rig navigation keys aren't really necessary since you can access all these features with the other dials

• I love all the extra knobs - but, yes, for a 2HE rack or floorboard could some stuff be reduced - at least the undo/redo buttons :D

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I voted for the original as I like the format and size but would love to have some rack ears for it!

Cheers,

jayson

You're better off mounting it on a rack tray, just drill 4 holes and use the screw from the rubber feet to fix it. Is very stable this way

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• definitely a 2 HE rack unit.

the KPA has way too much redundant knobs on the front. actually, i wouldn't miss the upper half of the unit except the master volume, tap, FX and stomp knobs. all the other dials in the upper half as well as the on/off, lock, copy, paste and the four rig navigation keys aren't really necessary since you can access all these features with the other dials

Yes! :thumbup: