FW 1.5.1 comments in here!!

• Just to clarify: i believe that there is a reason if the function Autoload can be switched on and off. It is great to audition a series of profiles, it is better off if you're just scrolling through searching for something. It is a feature and can be very usefull if used properly or an obstacle if used the wrong way.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I upgraded from 1.5 to 1.51 and at first all seemed well, under a 1000 rigs, exact count I could not tell.

I decided at Add ampfactory 1 & 2. Now I get an error that I can not get past and no matter what I do I can not restore back to factory. I would guarantee that this would put me over 1000 rigs. Since I am new to the Kemper I have added a lot of rigs to see what I like and do not like.

I always get the same error:

*** A SOFTWARE ERROR HAS OCCURRED ***
    expr=[[unsigned]heap_end] < [[[unsigned int]& __stack] - [ 64*1024]]
    file=../arm/syscalls.c
    line=158
    func=_sbrk_r
    swvs="Public Beta: 1.5.1.7803B" [CRC=7B4E897]

Take a picture and contact support. Press EXIT to reboot.

I managed to get into maintenance mode, and can see I have 0 meg of memory free. How do I get this back to factory?

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get back to the factory default and rigs? I have unplugged and let sit for 1/2 hour, turn in on and try to enter initialization mode and just can not get there.

Thanks.

I think I just got back to factory, went into maintenance mode and reformat flash memory

Edited 2 times, last by driskel ().

• I got the same error recently too, due to too many profiles, and got it back working going back to previous firmware, now still deleting profiles till i reach less then 1000, and then will upgrade.

• I got the same error recently too, due to too many profiles, and got it back working going back to previous firmware, now still deleting profiles till i reach less then 1000, and then will upgrade.

Thanks, I unfortunately could not figure out how to get out of it. I finally got back to default by reformatting flash memory and then reloading the factory rigs. As a new user I am finding that some of OS tasks could be better documented.

• I have 1133 rigs on mine and had no problems with the upgrade.

That's nothing I had over 2800 !!! lol
    But it's been suggested that we shouldn't have more than 1000, so I'm still deleting to reach that #..before trying again...don't know how I'm going to be able to work with only 1000 profiles!!.. :evil::evil::?::)

• That's nothing I had over 2800 !!! lol
    But it's been suggested that we shouldn't have more than 1000, so I'm still deleting to reach that #..before trying again...don't know how I'm going to be able to work with only 1000 profiles!!.. :evil: :evil: :?: :)

I hope they get this sorted out. It seems like a downgrade to now have a limit where as before it was apparently 3 times greater (using your count).

But on a positive note I am absolutely blown away by this thing and talking this thing up to a lot of people.

• + 1000 for this very interesting feature!

• This can be really useful if 'autoload' was switchable on and off with only one step, not going trought system menu etc... this is at least my personal taste

In Browse mode (turning the browse knob once) it is a single button..... ;)

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I'm getting software errors with the new firmware. I have A LOT of rigs (I think 3000!). Has anyone successfully removed the rigs to get them down under 1,000, loaded the new firmware and then reloaded all the rigs successfully? Will future firmware always have this limitation? I'd rather wait until the firmware doesn't have any limitations on the number of rigs since my unit is running fine under 1.1 (except for burnt out LEDs which will be repaired soon).

• I'm getting software errors with the new firmware. I have A LOT of rigs (I think 3000!). Has anyone successfully removed the rigs to get them down under 1,000, loaded the new firmware and then reloaded all the rigs successfully? Will future firmware always have this limitation? I'd rather wait until the firmware doesn't have any limitations on the number of rigs since my unit is running fine under 1.1 (except for burnt out LEDs which will be repaired soon).

This is what my issue was and is. Being brand new to the Kemper, the excitement of loading a lot of profiles to try out is addictive. I reverted back to 1.1 to take advantage of my rig purchases.

Good luck.

• There are limits to due to memory constraints. Apparently the new FW update uses more memory. That's pretty typical because fixes and new features will generally take up space. How much profile capacity is enough? I am impressed by 1000....3000 is more than I could ever use! Deleting profiles is just part of managing this awesome technology.

• Haven't done the upgrade but plan to tonight. Suggestion to the folks at Kemper. Going forward, write in a hard limit on the number of profiles which can be stored on the unit, let's say 1,000. Prior to running future firmware updates, check the number of profiles in the device and present an the following options if they have more than 1,000: delete all rigs/reload factory, trunc to the first 1,000 rigs, or abort firmware update.