Act as MIDI USB Host

• Since the Kemper features a USB host slot on the back, its be great if it could function as a MIDI USB host to send messages to devices which accept MIDI via USB. Perhaps the unit already does this and I just haven't gotten around to it. Totally low on the priority list, just thinking about some aspects of the unit which have no real purpose at the moment.

• maybe it works with the Apogee GIO board, then we'll already have a great controller :S8o

my current Gear: Custom Strat´s (Konstinger Ultimate Guitars), VoVox Cables, KPA, Custom Floor Board, Line6 G50 Wireless, Sennheiser IN Ear, Motu Ultralite mk3, Genelec 1030A, Neumann TLM 103, Apple Audio/Video Stuff

• this is a good idea, not just to save on a midi adapter, but because midi over usb can transfer data very much faster than over din5. it may still be too slow for backup dumps, but we have sneakernet for that, and single profile dumps from an editor app could be lickity split, without needing a custom driver.

• I'd like to see this as a feature so that I could integrate control of my Sonuus Wahoo via the Kemper; I'd like to be able to pass midi thru to the usb port so I can select the presets from my Liquid Foot.

• Yes, this has been proposed, and I really hope it can be done in conjunction with send audio through usb. Then you'd have an all functional audio card in practice, that personally I would use to loop with Ableton Live ;)

• Wow. A necro-thread on the KPA forums. ^^

I think the only way you're going to free up a midi port on the Kemper is with the proposed foot controller, which would not use up a midi slot.

Uhm? I don't understand this comment. It seems to me that the OP was asking whether it was possible to send MIDI to other devices through USB, I see no request of freeing midi slots in that ;)