Can the Kemper profile itself?

• I know that sounds like a mad question... but I was wondering if this was possible as I have a few clean rigs that I love, but they sound even better with my EP booster in front. Is there any way I can profile the Kemper + a pedal, so effectively adding it to a rig I already have? (without using another Kemper)

Sorry if this has been answered already I couldn't find anything with the search function...

• Not considering the risk of annihilating the Universe :D , if you have 2 units it could be posssible. I cannot recall anybody trying that....you would also need to repeat the process for every profile you use....
    Why you dont just velcro the EP in the slot in the back of the KPA and leave on the all time?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• i was thinking about that, too. just couldn't justify to buy another kpa just to try out... ;) maybe when there'll be a floor version one day... :whistling:
    slightly different scenario though: as we're continuously beeing denied a simple hi & lo cut eq, i thought about profiling the profiler including the whole daw & mastering chain to have a really complete recording sound - so to speak...

• i was thinking about that, too. just couldn't justify to buy another kpa just to try out... ;) maybe when there'll be a floor version one day... :whistling:
    slightly different scenario though: as we're continuously beeing denied a simple hi & lo cut eq, i thought about profiling the profiler including the whole daw & mastering chain to have a really complete recording sound - so to speak...

Well the problem with this, is thats a "processed tone", like the Pod's AxeFX tries to do, "make a perfect guitar tone" - the thing about the kemper its not perfect.. as its RAW, and thats the whole appeal, it just as good as the amp you just profiled.

If you "process" the guitar and profile it, you will end up with a sound similar to other units, and in a mixing environment, thats bad, as its hard to un-do these flaws (if there are any) - to sit well with what your doing because they have already been processed ..

Kempers Raw.. gives you the canvas to be artistic and creative.. - and not have to use EQ to be Corrective (there is a difference)

Thats all im saying :)

• you guys... :) i agree, too. it's not that i want to get rid of all improvements and get back to my pod. but sometimes it wouldn't hurt to have a few fucked up and ready profiles at hand. not instead of the others, but additionally. for quick and dirty headphone brainstorming for example...

• you guys... :) i agree, too. it's not that i want to get rid of all improvements and get back to my pod. but sometimes it wouldn't hurt to have a few fucked up and ready profiles at hand. not instead of the others, but additionally. for quick and dirty headphone brainstorming for example...

FWIW
    for a typical lowpass/highpass scenario, try a Lowpass with Manual set between 8.6 (about -3dB @ 5k) and 9.0 (attenuation begins @ 5k, but doesn't affect 5k)
    and Highpass Manual set to 0.5 (removing stuff below 50Hz)
    Peak both times @ 0.

• Well said.