Custom Scales Pitch Shifter Needed

• I for one, almost didn't buy the Kemper because of its lack of pitch effects and a dedicated controller. I actually began looking at the Axe fx. I also questioned the reliability of a company that sold a product with a feature, supposedly soon to be released, (performance mode) and still hasn't released it an entire year later. I imagine that their are tons of guitarists like me, just dying to get this awesome product, but unwilling to take the leap because of a lack of basic functions.

Kemper better get its act together, as competition probably isn't far off. I'm sure in a few years there will be several companies offering products that do what the Kemper does, but have their junk together and have a friggen control pedal and basic pitch effects released at the same time. I mean, an entire year and what do they release at Namm? A mono solid state power amp? -That costs an additional $700? Really? No performance mode? No friggen foot controller? No pitch effects?

seems like you'd be much happier with another product, comany. All the best! :thumbup:

• The Kemper is definitely made for those that want the best possible amp sounds. No performance mode? No friggen foot controller? No pitch effects?

well you said it yourself: no pitch effects, no controller.........but 'only' one of the best sound and tone available for the guitar...............

don't know what you do with your guitar (pro or amateur), but for the pro user, it would be virtually all to have that tone in their hands. trust me! I'm a pro user, i'e. touring with it. and must say that I can find a pitch fx pedal in every store, everywhere.............cannot find everywhere the tone I now have.................

that said, the kemper team never abandon the task.........it'll take a little bit more.............

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• No I am happy with the Kemper, and I bought it knowing full well that it lacked a few features that I wanted it to have. Just blowing off steam. As they say, the squeaky wheel gets oiled. I probably would have waited a little longer, but was able to get it on sale for 15% off new, so I wanted to take advantage while I could. I'm sure that they'll get around to pitch effects and the controller soon enough, as it's likely costing them some sales not having these. Moreover, I'd rather wait for quality then get crap now. What wouldn't be good would be if they rush these into production before they've ironed them out.

But I have to say, even having only worked so far with the built in rigs, I'm blown away by the richness of the tone. It's not just tonally similar to real amps, they are just so dimensional, vibrant, expressive, and seem to just jump out in the mix. Usually, when I've used multi-effects units in the past, I find a few amp models that I like and with considerable effort, I can get them to sound pretty good. With KPC it's a totally different league. The other night, having already made five basic patches for live use with my tele, I began going through all the presets with my les paul. I locked the effects all off and just went through all the rigs. I wrote down the names of every rig that I might use for one of my five sounds, from clean to lead. Even being picky, I had around 20 clean, 20 OD's and 20 distortions rigs that I would consider being one of my everyday sounds. From there I began narrowing those down and got my clean list down to 6. Then I had to go to bed. Once I've narrowed it down to one of each, I'll begin fine-tuning those patches. So as far as I'm concerned, despite my whining for a few features, you'd have to pry this thing from my cold, dead fingers.