For people who use there Kemper Live

• I've done 2 gigs now with the Kemper and I must say its starting to sound great, there are just a few things I can't figure out so I'm hoping someone on here can help. I'm using my kemper straight in to the PA with a wedge from the monitor out so I can here myself. Here are my question/problems

1 I've favourited a few presets I like, most From the amp factory. I've found that the diesel presets sound very thin through the PA and lacks the Bo#^+^cks when I play it through my Pro Tools HD rig. What would people suggest to get that big fat guitar sound. I'm after a Nickelback guitar sound if that's help

2 What's the best way to archive a level volume across presets. I read somewhere on here not to adjust the volume control (I think this was mentioned by CK)

Any suggestions from people on these questions or any other help to get the best from my kemper live would be much appreciated I feel as though I'm getting there slowly with how I want it to sound but hopefully advice from here can help me fill the gaps

Regards Raoul

• Hi Raoul,
    give you my 2 cents.........as for one, I use slo 100 profile from milla. go to this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lilTH7YbK2Q&feature=youtu.be
    it's in italian but you can find explanation in english on what I used. the guiytar was tuned a whole tone down. so the profile together with the down tuning got my guitar to sound so huge which is similar, I guess, to nickelback sound.

this being the sound you want, consider that I got it directly on the worst PA in history. if it sounded so good there imagine in better joints!

as for volumes, I have always found volume which were equal. only recently I foudn an and44 profile a bit louder. I simply adjust the volume (the low one not the one close to the effects) a bit to get it at the same level.

hope this helps

michael

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• My suggestion is to fine tune your kpa to the pa system you are using with the output EQ.
    If you feel it too thin, give some bass and mids and reduce the highs: you can get pretty good results with a little tweaking.

• I use the the monitor EQ to tune my stage sound, but I leave the Main Out eq flat unless the sound guy ask me to do otherwise. I normally move over to his place (I'm wireless) to check that I like what I hear.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• What would people suggest to get that big fat guitar sound. I'm after a Nickelback guitar sound if that's help

Use 10-20 amps/guitar players ;)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Sorry, must've overlooked that (and my mailbox was full)... it's no longer under develepment :(

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar