Future kemper user - WTB - looking for Kemper

• Hi there, I'm looking for a kemper so I hope to be an active member of this awesome forum soon!
    If you see any kemper awesome deal in europe for the new rack version, or a used kemper lunchbox just pm me!!
    I was looking at the AXE 2 but that is too complicated and uninspiring, so I turned to the Kemper, seems a much better alternative for me :D

https://www.netherfall.com Looking for European and USA tour dates - worldwide festival / opening slot with international rock/metal acts - if you run or know a well established booking agency PM me!

• Not sure if you can use musiciansfriend in Europe, but they're currently running a 15% off deal on most of their stuff. I ordered my kemper about two weeks ago and had got sweet water to match the price, so I got it for $1683. With the discount I ended up getting the kemper, the gig bag for it, a rocktron midi mate, and two midi cables for $1997

• For us europeans, buying from the states is a pita for many reasons.
    First, we have to add VAT, then a 5% import tax and finally we usually don't get the same customer law protection we'd get buying from an eu professional seller. And add a shipping which is not cheap at all.
    So we'd end to pay more or less the same tha here in Europe with less protection.

• Thankful we don't have a VAT here, although most states have their own sales tax, mine being 6%. However, sales tax doesn't apply for online or over the phone transactions. Of course, if you have a VAT, wouldn't you have to also pay that if you buy from a store in your county as well? Thus, the only consideration is that pesky 5% import tax and shipping and your government's bureaucracy. I just had an issue selling my G system to a dude on Ebay in Spain. He wanted me to put insurance that would cover $200. I though that he was just confused about exchange rates; why would someone want something they paid $850 for only covered for $200? I went ahead and put the full $650 maximum allowed which only added about $8 to the shipping. He was annoyed because he would now have to spend about $100 to get the package out of customs and wait an extra week. Apparently, their customs flag items with high values. Perhaps the $100 is a bribe in their ridiculous bureaucracy, as it seems idiotic that someone would have to give their government $100 just to release a package that they already paid to have shipped?

• Eu taxation is different from the States one.
    You can "save" vat just by compensation on other bills that you can release as a professional worker/shop.
    Most of European street prices always include the vat, while export stuff doesn't.
    From the other side if you buy something from outside the European Union you can hardly avoid paying vat+ import taxes. If I'm not wrong, products from the states usually have a 5% import tax.
    I know that it is hard to understand, but I can tell you that's just a balance of interest question.
    Here we pay a lot of taxes (I live in Italy, so I know what I mean) but we don't have to pay a ton of services like health and school.
    Well, sometimes we have to pay anyway, but let's forget about it :cursing:

• For us europeans, buying from the states is a pita for many reasons.
    First, we have to add VAT, then a 5% import tax and finally we usually don't get the same customer law protection we'd get buying from an eu professional seller. And add a shipping which is not cheap at all.
    So we'd end to pay more or less the same tha here in Europe with less protection.

Things usually go much worse than this. I've never bought from the USA, but Italian forums (both for musical instruments and HI-Fi, which are my main interests when it comes to devices) are full of people who specifically said they add the import duty (5%), then transport costs and then apply the VAT; which is definitely a nonsense.
    The most weird part is that they don't always act like this. But, in any case, there's no-one you can apply for complaining, and nothing you can do in general.

:wacko:

• they add the import duty (5%), then transport costs and then apply the VAT; which is definitely a nonsense.

Only partially, VAT on import goods is due also on transport cost, standard EU Customs rules, though definitely not on Import duties

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff