is KPA ready for full range inputs ???( vocals , keyboards ...)

• Hello, I was just wondering is the kemper has a full range design regarding audio treatments ? Will I be able to mix some keyboards or vocals on it ?

I know there are a few general use preamps on the rig exchange , but my concern is about the tonal range.

Same question regarding the effects , are they able to run in the full range ?

did anyone use it as a preamp for this kind of recording ?

W.

• Untrue, specially if you bypass the amp/cab section (emulating real guitar amp/cabs that by definition do not have much content on the really high frequencies). Even with profile on you still have no cut at 10k, that is FAS BS.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I thought I saw a post by Armin about this as well, but I think that was only with cabs off. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly. My old ears can't hear above 10k anyway ... ;)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I thought I saw a post by Armin about this as well, but I think that was only with cabs off. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly. My old ears can't hear above 10k anyway ... ;)

That depends also on what you put at the input...a guitar doesn't go much higher anyway, plug a synth in it and disable the stack and you'll see the range of the unit,

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Kemper just introduces the MP3 input method, can be used by plugging in over input + alternative input. When you can use this method to jam with your MP3s it should also work for Vocal + Keyboard. The Cab Sim is only used for the guitar signal in this mode.

• My question was whether or not it's okay to introduce a line level signal to the main input (guitar input) for fear of damaging something.

I tried plugging my Roland JV-1010 synth module (which has a very quiet signal even on max) and disabling everything and it really sounded strange. It was super quiet and sounded "compressed" is the best way I can describe it. I put it on a clean amp and disabled the stack, Amp, EQ, and cabinet.

I also tried putting the JV-1010 into the alternate input and it was way too quiet and I couldn't boost it. After about 10 minutes of playing it, the whole KPA started getting quieter and quieter. Switching presets and disabling the Alt Input signal still didn't change the overall volume. I had to switch it off and restart it, then the volume was back to normal on all presets.

Since then I haven't dared put a line level signal into the KPA. Not sure what the deal is. I ended up just using the JV-1010 straight into our PA board instead. I only play keys on one song so, I thought I would send it through the KPA to make things easy and since I plan to eventually get a GR-55, I wanted to see how it was to patch it in. Don't think I will be trying it again. I thought about starting a thread on this but, not sure if it's "normal" to want to patch a synth through the KPA anyway! :P

J

• It should be fine, but a guitar's output isn't the same as line level (typically you need to go into a high impedence or "Hi-Z" input on most devices with a guitar). Try using SPDIF through your interface/mixer that way you can get a suitable level on the signal before it goes into the KPA.