MIDI Programming Tips

• With my ipad i have the same problem... The leds are all off when i load a new rig. There are some stomps active. Depending on the status it works or not. Switching on is always right. The status is off and i switch it on. Indicator on the pad and stomps on the kpa working well. Wehen i have the stomp in on status the first klik is on, nothing happens except the led indicator turns on on the ipad (even on the HD500) and the second click switch it off again. It i s not a big problem if the kpa is in visible distance in the rehersals or at home.... Later on stage it is worst to control the kpa without the actual status of the stomps.

Again and again and again!!!! Christoph Kemper has to launch immediately a floorboard integrated into the kpa. In my opinion the kpa users invest less time to find and profile nice tones as in having the rig working for live gigs... Look into the forum. The negativethreads are much more than the positive and optimizing ones. Thats a shame... This can't be the inventors understanding of being a "Kemperian"...

...I had a lot of equipment... but 2012 I got the KPA.... :)

• If a future release would send MIDI messages back after changing the status, the midi floor boards could work with it.

At this stage even a kemper floor board could not handle it. THe KPA needs to send messages about its status.

Geht nicht, gibt´s nicht. "Doesn't work" is no option. :!:

• Again and again and again!!!! Christoph Kemper has to launch immediately a floorboard integrated into the kpa. In my opinion the kpa users invest less time to find and profile nice tones as in having the rig working for live gigs... Look into the forum. The negativethreads are much more than the positive and optimizing ones. Thats a shame... This can't be the inventors understanding of being a "Kemperian"...

Dude, with all due respect: Are you living in a parallel universe to mine?
    At the moment I can only sense your own negativity that displays here.... :?:?(

• With my ipad i have the same problem... The leds are all off when i load a new rig. There are some stomps active. Depending on the status it works or not. Switching on is always right. The status is off and i switch it on. Indicator on the pad and stomps on the kpa working well. Wehen i have the stomp in on status the first klik is on, nothing happens except the led indicator turns on on the ipad (even on the HD500) and the second click switch it off again. It i s not a big problem if the kpa is in visible distance in the rehersals or at home.... Later on stage it is worst to control the kpa without the actual status of the stomps.

Again and again and again!!!! Christoph Kemper has to launch immediately a floorboard integrated into the kpa. In my opinion the kpa users invest less time to find and profile nice tones as in having the rig working for live gigs... Look into the forum. The negativethreads are much more than the positive and optimizing ones. Thats a shame... This can't be the inventors understanding of being a "Kemperian"...

I can't speak to whatever you're using on your iPad, but the FCB1010 supports setting up the initial state of all stomp switches when you load a patch. So you can set up all the stomps to match the effects on/off when your preset is loaded. Or you have the option to set the stomps to no change in order to match the functionality of a locked effect. IMHO, this is ultimately flexible and my FCB1010 always accurately reflects the state of my KPA. Also based on the mock ups, I'd bet good money whatever non registered parameters your sending from your iPad will not be addressed by the dedicated controller which will simply offer basic functionality not unlike any midi switcher on the market, you just won't have to program it.

• I can't speak to whatever you're using on your iPad, but the FCB1010 supports setting up the initial state of all stomp switches when you load a patch. So you can set up all the stomps to match the effects on/off when your preset is loaded. Or you have the option to set the stomps to no change in order to match the functionality of a locked effect. IMHO, this is ultimately flexible and my FCB1010 always accurately reflects the state of my KPA. Also based on the mock ups, I'd bet good money whatever non registered parameters your sending from your iPad will not be addressed by the dedicated controller which will simply offer basic functionality not unlike any midi switcher on the market, you just won't have to program it.

nice if it do so but you can't tell me that you save prior all staes of all stomps of your 128 rigs... no way.. if you change a FX settiong on the KPA you have to chage your FCB setting..? forget it.. thats again my word... we invest more time in setting up our KPA environments instead playing the KPA.

• If a future release would send MIDI messages back after changing the status, the midi floor boards could work with it.

At this stage even a kemper floor board could not handle it. THe KPA needs to send messages about its status.

Sorry I guess you are wrong!!!... Kemper would not build a Kemper intergrated Floorboard with "midi based communication" between the floorboard and the KPA. Christoph Kemper wouldn't sell one single piece of it!!! Of course it must understand midi and needs a midi control functionality for other 3rd party gear, needs all the jacks at the back, but the integration between this two devices (KPA and floorboard) must be via CAT5 cable or similar.... the KPA is prepared for this... take a look to the backside...

Why? Because I expect more functionality than switching rigs and switching Stomps and changing any WAHWAH values with a pedal... I expect a full integration.. the floorboard must be intelligent and must have options to be delivered with the "Perform mode".... hopefully before summer...!!!

• nice if it do so but you can't tell me that you save prior all staes of all stomps of your 128 rigs... no way.. if you change a FX settiong on the KPA you have to chage your FCB setting..? forget it.. thats again my word... we invest more time in setting up our KPA environments instead playing the KPA.

I don't use 128 rigs, I use 10. 5 of which cover all tonal scenarios of a band I play with and and other 5 which cover my personal "solo" stuff which is a slightly different genre. A couple pedals cover some effects not offered by the KPA. When I'm goofing off in the bedroom, I don't really need that stuff assigned to a MIDI controller but I probably only have 25 rigs in my favs folder which is all I ever play. So you use 128 presets in a performance scenario? Interesting...

Sorry I guess you are wrong!!!... Kemper would not build a Kemper intergrated Floorboard with "midi based communication" between the floorboard and the KPA. Christoph Kemper wouldn't sell one single piece of it!!! Of course it must understand midi and needs a midi control functionality for other 3rd party gear, needs all the jacks at the back, but the integration between this two devices (KPA and floorboard) must be via CAT5 cable or similar.... the KPA is prepared for this... take a look to the backside...

Why? Because I expect more functionality than switching rigs and switching Stomps and changing any WAHWAH values with a pedal... I expect a full integration.. the floorboard must be intelligent and must have options to be delivered with the "Perform mode".... hopefully before summer...!!!

Have you seen the sketch up? You say you don't want to program the FCB1010 but you appear willing to program advanced functions into a dedicated controller. My best bet is MIDI over CAT5 as CK has stated he doesn't want to get into advanced variable MIDI assignment. But we'll see. I hope the dedicated controller is everything you hope it will be...

• Again and again and again!!!! Christoph Kemper has to launch immediately a floorboard integrated into the kpa. In my opinion the kpa users invest less time to find and profile nice tones as in having the rig working for live gigs... Look into the forum. The negativethreads are much more than the positive and optimizing ones. Thats a shame... This can't be the inventors understanding of being a "Kemperian"...

I know nothing about your universe but I know exactely what I want, and I mentioned in my opinion what CK needs to keep the momentum of his great invention! keep distance from the stars.. caution they are hot! :D

• I know nothing about your universe but I know exactely what I want, and I mentioned in my opinion what CK needs to keep the momentum of his great invention! keep distance from the stars.. caution they are hot! :D

lippi, when you check again you'll see that you're actually quoting yourself above (and not me). :rolleyes:

And of course I didn't want to comment on what you want (how could I, your wishes are legitimate as anyone else's) but on the drama you give it.
    The negative threads come from people who can't understand that a conception and making of a midi controller like this takes time.
    And I don't know if you are aware of this, but this communitiy here is in a constant dialogue with Kemper about the functionality of the KFC since the Musikmesse last year. CK stated around NAMM this year that it will happen soon, but not in a few weeks.
    So you already should know that there will be no immediate launch for the controller like you demanded.
    Only the redundancy to KEEPING DEMANDING IT right now in spite of knowing better stirs negativity.

• Thanks a lot.
    Everything works fine except i want to control the master volume instead of the amplifier volume with the Behringer FCB1010 expression pedals.
    I have the UNO chip in.
    Anyone know how to do it?

• I do not believe Master Volume has a MIDI CC and honestly can't think of a reason it would need one. I would suggest the best practice is to use the master volume to set the unit's overall volume with individual rigs level matched and the volume pedal to control levels within rigs.

• Will is right - The below is as close to Master Volume as you can get:

All volume choices use the same CC number - you assign which volume to control in each Rig. Or, you can turn pedal control of volume OFF.

Post-effects:
    Right after the reverb. At this position you control the overall volume of the sound, including reverb and delay tails, that can instantly be attenuated.

• can someone please explain to me how to setup a wah and/or pitch shifter pedal with the FCB (without having the UNO chips or whatsoever). I havent got my head around it yet and that sheet from Behringer which "explains" the programming is a fucking joke.

So any help would be great! ;)

• Hi, hoping some of the experts on this thread can help me out.

I'm using the FCB1010 with the standard chip and the lag when switching rigs is really annoying when playing live.
    The guys at Kemper suggested I'd first make sure that the FCB is only sendin 1 PC (it van go up to 5) which would improve the switching speed. I've read that you can program and check this kind of stuff when connecting the floorboard via Midi to the PC. However with my laptop I can not connect the FCB to it via midi.

Is there a (manual) way to make sure it's only sending 1 PC? I programmed it a while ago following an step-by-step online guide since MIDI is not my forte...

Hope anyone here can help out.

I was also wondering if the Uno4Kemper of Eurekaprom reduce the lag? This might be another option for me...

Cheers,

Iason

• Welcome lason!

You need a midi interface like an m-audio midisport and a software like midi ox to monitor what's sent by your FCB.
    I also assume that the Uno4Kemper eprom reduce the lag as well because they are preprogrammed as such that only one PC is happening.
    Frankly speaking I would order the UnO4K first.
    End of problems programming the FCB. It's a steal for 16.- Euro.