Performance mode about to hit soon...

• Just seen this video from Andertons and the Captain has said that Oliver from Kemper has let him know that the Performance mode in a soon upcoming firmware release is on its way! :thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

• I wonder what they consider soon?

I'd think it would appropriate for them to release this near MusikMesse in April. That isn't what I would consider soon.

I have patience though as I'd rather have a good working and stable release.

You never know though...the Kemper folks can surprise us. So thankful to have such a great tool to use!

:)

• That's interesting.....

I'm not saying it's wrong, but it is in direct conflict with what CK himself said (to me) the same day regarding the timing of the Performance Mode release. :S :huh:

• From the video, it sounds like you basically get your EQ settings like you would on an amp, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence, Volume.

Doesn't wow me from the description. Nothing that isn't there already by the press of a button instead of a turn of the switch.

What am I missing?

• It allows you to program all the sounds of a set without changing the midi assignments. Intro, chorus, refrain, chorus outro (or whatever you want) per song without having to remap your pedalboard everytime that you change your setlist.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• It allows you to program all the sounds of a set without changing the midi assignments. Intro, chorus, refrain, chorus outro (or whatever you want) per song without having to remap your pedalboard everytime that you change your setlist.

Still not getting it.

Currently, you can control via MIDI what rig you have chosen (assume a rig per part, Intro, Chorus, Refrain, etc) and whether an Effect is On/Off, and Expressions (Wah, Volume)
    But not other "sounds" as in Presence, Bass, Mids, etc.

Does it allow you to, when you say "program", string together a sequence of rigs independently of their MIDI assignments? If so, how would you switch to them Live?

• Exactly! You could switch between them with a simple up/down switch or assigning the different parts to specific CC (assuming here, but it sounds quiet logic to me). Not needing anymore to change the midi assignments would be a big plus on my book, we often change setlist and I need to re-arrange the Program Changes everytime...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Exactly! You could switch between them with a simple up/down switch or assigning the different parts to specific CC (assuming here, but it sounds quiet logic to me). Not needing anymore to change the midi assignments would be a big plus on my book, we often change setlist and I need to re-arrange the Program Changes everytime...

+1.
    I have two tribute band and re-assign everything in every set list change is a pita.
    Hope to get it ASAP.

But, if some people say that the performance mode will come when the fc is ready, and the performance mode is about to be released... Does still 2+2=4? :D

• But, if some people say that the performance mode will come when the fc is ready, and the performance mode is about to be released... Does still 2+2=4? :D

The functional design of the foot controller and its interaction with the performance mode should be done already, so there's no need to hold back the software bits while the hardware is being planned.

Cheers,
    Martin

• I think its encouraging to think we have another major update coming soon. As an owner since christmas it seems like there is something new happening every few weeks :thumbup: 1.6 fw, cab maker, profile bundles, performance mode on the horizon, power amp/rack option. Im sure a llibrarian/editor and the foot controller really arent too far away either. Its a great time to jump on the KPA bandwagon.

• I'm curious about the relationship between the KFC and Performance Mode. I'm hoping that the KFC can be used in the same manner as any other foot controller, sans Performance Mode. It's not clear to me that you can always predetermine your requirements.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer