possible additions to new pitch fx?

• Do you mean feedback on the delay? I assume you don't mean feeding the shifted note back through the shifting algorithm, which would lead to a runaway glissando.

I mean exactly feeding back the shifted note back into the (chromatic) effect input, that's a fairly common feature among pitch shifters and results in multiple shifted notes (eg. 4th, 7th, 11th, etc). Listen to Trevor Rabin's solo on "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes and you'll have an idea of what it sounds like. I think it's also useful in the micropitch as it'd make it sound "thicker" and more pronounced. Of course the parameter should be limited so that it wouldn't generate uncontrollable feedback, and probably a bandwidth or highs cutoff parameter would be useful along with it.

Edited once, last by Deny ().

• Feeding back the delayed and shifted signal into the pitch shifter again is exactely how that famous "crystal echoes" preset of the Eventide H3000 works. That preset also inspired an AxeFX effect of a similar name.

So I think feedback would be a very welcome addition.

• hey kristoff we definately need a detune mode on its own like the eventide has like what mr van halen used in the balence album i think detune lets u detune a little lower then plays both the notes for a fuller sound

• I feel ungrateful even asking this, but what the heck. And btw, the pitch fx are GREAT!

But, could we consider adding pan and delay to the effected pitches? And on the pitch detune, could we get TWO pitches, so we can make one up a bit and the other down a bit? Makes for a lusher sound. I know you can use two pitch detunes, but that takes up two fx slots.

The Micro Pitch works pretty much as you describe: TWO pitches, so we can make one up a bit and the other down a bit.
    They are fully panned. The Detune works for both shifters in opposite directions.

• Hi CK,
    If you're open to ideas to the pitch algorithms I think the delay being asked about is a delay to the pitch shifted signal. E.g in the harmonic setting controlling the amount of time delay before voice 1 & voice 2 come in. I believe the Eventide Pitchfactor works in this way if you're familiar with that unit. However, even as it stands - great work! Many Thanks :thumbup:

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• The Micro Pitch works pretty much as you describe: TWO pitches, so we can make one up a bit and the other down a bit.
    They are fully panned. The Detune works for both shifters in opposite directions.

Thank you for the quality of these effects! I've used everything from the old Eventide H910 to current TCElectronic products, and the sound of these effects is pristine, compared to all the others :) And, the detune sounds really great!

I think the delay feature most people are requesting is pre-delay of the harmonized note(s). A short pre-delay makes harmonies sound more like distinctly separate sounds, especially if the pre-delay is slightly different on the Left and Right side of a two voice harmony.

The classic '80s big guitar sound is +7 to +10 cents on one side, -7 to -10 on the other side, with the harmonies delayed 10ms to maybe as much as 50ms, depending on the tempo of the song, and the regular guitar panned in the center.

An Allman/Eagles/Boston/etc '70s dual lead guitar effect also benefits greatly from a small pre-delay on the harmony part. Instead of sounding like Dickey Betts with a harmonizer, the pre-delay makes it sound more like two people playing together.

• Ok, here is my view on the new pitch FX.
    (big disclaimer: I'm not a big user of pitch FX's, but have used them occasionally over the years.)

Now the tracking and 'latency' is better than anything I've tried. :thumbup:

But one thing bothers me, mostly when using the Harmony mode, the 'pitched' note gets a slightly artificial tone that stands out esp. using a hi-gain sound.
    And I wonder if other units are not producing that much high-end harmonics? (not as high-quality?)
    So maybe a lowpass filter/tone control on the transposed signal would make it gel better?
    Am I the only one hearing this?

I also wonder if the request from others for a delay parameter is due to the impressive tracking speed... :P

I have a hard time to get the 'Owner of a Lonely Hart' lead sound with the KPA, and thats usually not that hard.
    And I suspect it's due to the awesome tracking speed makes the bends too clean, and not that screaming, almost ringmodulator-ish, sound when bending and the 5th is lagging slightly behind.

In all, an impressive update! :thumbup:

• But one thing bothers me, mostly when using the Harmony mode, the 'pitched' note gets a slightly artificial tone that stands out esp. using a hi-gain sound.

You using Harmonic pitch in the post position? I found it much better here and lacking the sort of artifacts I was getting in the pre position. The tracking is rather good isn't it...

BTW, the delay setting I was asking about is like the one used in the Eventide pitchfactor pedal. Here you can dial up to 1500 mS of delay (I think). Makes for some great effects, almost like an arpeggiator . Here.... may as well post this for clarity.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TFO9movvrs
    Don't have much luck with links so just in case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TFO9movvrs

At 2.28 the delay effect kicks in that I'm talking about... the harmony gets delayed after you play the source note. In the pitchfactor both voices can be delayed. Listen on to about 3.30... it's a cool feature. Lets steal it :D

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• You using Harmonic pitch in the post position? I found it much better here and lacking the sort of artifacts I was getting in the pre position. The tracking is rather good isn't it...

Yup, I also noticed that is sounded much better here. But I had to lower the volume of the fx to around 20 to not notice the artificial hi-end, and then the harmony note almost got drowned...

BTW. That delay is a nice effect!

• But one thing bothers me, mostly when using the Harmony mode, the 'pitched' note gets a slightly artificial tone that stands out esp. using a hi-gain sound.
    And I wonder if other units are not producing that much high-end harmonics? (not as high-quality?)
    So maybe a lowpass filter/tone control on the transposed signal would make it gel better?

Yep, I've requested this in the past. My old DigiTech Expression Factory provided a tone control for the transposed note.

• I have a hard time to get the 'Owner of a Lonely Hart' lead sound with the KPA, and thats usually not that hard.
    And I suspect it's due to the awesome tracking speed makes the bends too clean, and not that screaming, almost ringmodulator-ish, sound when bending and the 5th is lagging slightly behind.

In all, an impressive update! :thumbup:

Put the pitch effect early in the rig, before the amp. In A, B, C or D. It's too clean for that sound if you put it after.