2 Gigs under my belt... The Kemper rocks (in a country way)!

• The 3rd Power Dream Weaver is an amp that really had me drooling. I'll bet it sounds fantastic.

I confess to being a bit of an amp snob, it's true. It's always fun to see what bands are using and tones achieved from the many great amps out there today. That being said, I'm saving up for a Kemper for many of the reasons you posted here. Consistency of tone, convenience of setup and ability to really get levels you are comfortable with on stage all are great. Plus so many amp profiles available (maybe a 3rd power one sometime too) make the Kemper a great tool for the job.

One problem is I may have to sell an amazing amp to get one and it would be much better if I could profile it first. That will leave me with a Suhr Badger, a real 64 DR and the Kemper. Plenty of good stuff.

Thanks for posting and if you have a link to ones four shows using the Kemper, I'd love to check it out.

Richard

Oh and a good tube amp with a good drive pedal in front of it is nothing to sneer at, it's often glorious. :)

• Oh and a good tube amp with a good drive pedal in front of it is nothing to sneer at, it's often glorious. :)

You are so correct! Which is why I profiled my 3P numerous times with my Timmy and Klon pedals too. ;)

And thanks about our show on Fox and Friends this morning. I am on a flight home, but I'll listen online later. The Kemper sounded fantastic in my ear monitors so I hope it translated to the tv mix. Every show with it gets better and I'm almost to the point where I'm not going over to tweak it anymore.

• Please post your rigs....it's nice to see our magic lunch box catch in' on with the country world!

• I have to say I to like the compressor particularly the fact that you can blend it like the wampler ego (my always on compressor normally) ...I also use a J200 into the Kemper along with a Tele or jaguar ;) I like the Marshall acoustic amp profiles for that ..where did you get the Avalon profile from ? ..the only thing I would like is to have the delay in front of the amp stack ..to get that
    slightly driven 'rockabilly Slap' sound ....

• You are so correct! Which is why I profiled my 3P numerous times with my Timmy and Klon pedals too. ;)

And thanks about our show on Fox and Friends this morning. I am on a flight home, but I'll listen online later. The Kemper sounded fantastic in my ear monitors so I hope it translated to the tv mix. Every show with it gets better and I'm almost to the point where I'm not going over to tweak it anymore.

Love the tone and the Anderson T. I have 5 Anderson guitars and love them all. Great sounding rig!

• Love the tone and the Anderson T. I have 5 Anderson guitars and love them all. Great sounding rig!

Thanks! I've been particularly happy with the Anderson Hollow T lately too. It sounds pretty close to perfect through the Kemper. My main guitars are Andersons, but I also have some Gibsons and Fenders on the road as well. My pickups are stock on the Hollow T but most of my other guitars either have Duncan Antiquities or Lace pickups. I'm glad to hear that they may be updating the Kemper with a pre-amp delay feature. That would be nice. I have a Line 6 M5 in the fx loop of mine, so I can put just about any effect anywhere in the chain with that there.

• I have to say I to like the compressor particularly the fact that you can blend it like the wampler ego (my always on compressor normally)

Same here. I've been using the Ego comp as well. I actually a/b'd the Kemper comp with the ego when I was trying to dial in my main compressor sound. I was using the Kemper comp on all the time at first, but I've slowly started removing it from some of the patches. I probably have it on about 60% of the time now. The Kemper does such a good job of volume leveling that it's not as necessary as with a traditional rig.

• I have a gold Anderson Mongrel which is really cool...the magic 3 mini toggle switch that adds or removes gain is pretty cool...

• Hey Michael,
    Have you ever tried the Kemper into the effects return of the Dreamweaver?

I need to try that one of these days and bypass the cabs in the profiles. I'm thinking that might work out pretty well with the gold in those cabs. That speaker works so well with a variety of amps.

• Hey Michael,
    Have you ever tried the Kemper into the effects return of the Dreamweaver?

When we're doing full band dates with our own gear, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm using the Dream Weaver and 212 cab for stage monitor. I'm sending the monitor out of the Kemper to the fx return of the 3P. I've run it both ways, with cabs on and off and for what I need, the cabs on works fine. I'm using one ear monitor so I'm getting high end clarity there, so I don't need the 3P onstage to sound perfect, just to move some air and act kinda like a sub. I like being able to walk over and get some feedback if I need to, which still blows my mind because there are no mics.

• Great stuff.....Michael.

I am taking my wife to hear Brad Pasley, Chris Young and Lee Brice on Friday night. We scored 8th row center seats. Would be a hoot if Paisley had a Kemper on the line.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I love my Anderson Drop Top Classic S. Have been lusting for an Anderson Hollow T......maybe soon, I saw a dark cherry that was sweet.

• Hey Michael, I was just at Jamie's on Monday and heard the Dreamweaver in person.
    Holy cow......I need one!
    Great demo, btw.

Troy,
    Thanks. It is my favorite amp ever. Did Jamie put the orange glow boost on a footswitch yet? I need to get over there and see the latest incarnation.