Did you use other digital amp simulation gear before you got the Kemper?

• Did you use other digital amp simulation gear before you got the Kemper? 160

1. No, only tube amps (16) 10%
    2. 11 Rack (29) 18%
    3. AxeFx (classic) / Ultra (28) 18%
    4. AxeFx II (16) 10%
    5. Behringer (VAmps) (17) 11%
    6. Boss/Roland (62) 39%
    7. Digitech (40) 25%
    8. H&K Zentera (4) 3%
    9. Korg (19) 12%
    10. Line6 POD (classic) (80) 50%
    11. Line6 Vetta (17) 11%
    12. Line6 other (75) 47%
    13. Vox (33) 21%
    14. Yamaha (19) 12%
    15. Zoom (42) 26%
    16. Computer Plugins (83) 52%

Did you use other digital amp simulation gear before you got the Kemper?

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I already started using digital stuff with the good old Johnson J-Station. Went with regular amps for a long time then, after switching to a Pod X3 followed by a Pod HD300 a couple of years ago (mainly due to financial reasons). I have never been 100% satisfied with the Pod for live use and switched back to an amp and now have an old Pod XT for home use. After playing the Kemper for the first time this little box totally convinced me and hopefully soon I will be using a Kemper exclusively. :thumbup:

• Well I don't feel so bad about my 3 ticks, compared with above! But still, the last thing I got was a Pod HD, and at that point, after all the money and time and effort I felt was wasted, I swore off modelers. I don't like tweaking, I'd rather be spending the time playing, and I could never get something that satisfied me. Then I kept hearing about how good the Axe FX sounded, and I was tempted... but avoided it, cause it sounded like a tweak-fest.

Then, finally, I heard about the KPA, and kept hearing good things... and I am glad I got one, cause it is perfect for me, Very little tweaking involved, and what tweaking there is, is very amp-like. And, of course, the SOUND is amp like too!

:D

• Wow, I have set 7 ticks... :S
    Means I have been using digital for quite a while, though not exclusively.

Me, too. But, those seven ticks always left me wanting more.

Here is a relatively complete list of stuff- some I owned for a long time, some for a short time:

AxSys / AX2
    Vetta / 2 / and with Armin mods (yes, the same Armin!)
    Pod 1,2,XT, Pod Pro, XT Pro, XT Live
    Tonelab, Tonelab SE
    DGStomp
    VG-99
    GR-55
    And, the hybrid H&K Switchblade head and 1-12 combo. ( I tried many different 12ax7 and 7025 preamp tubes, different power amp tubes and bias- I even tried a pair of old Mulllards. But, I could not warm up the sound enough, or get enough dynamic range.)

• Another one that is missing is Tech 21. I used many other modelers but always had an issue with the clean sound. I've always searched for that nice warm Fenderish clean "tube" sound with some reverb added. The KPA is great that way. The Tech 21 Blonde Character Series along with a reverb pedal got a great warm clean sound and you could add other pedals with it to basically have a large pallet of tones without an amp. I A/B'd my mic'd Blues Junior through a P.A. with the Tech 21 set-up and was happy enough not to bring the amp. However, the KPA is so much simpler that I sold everything that I had.

Did anyone else have an issue with the clean sounds of other modelers?

By the way, 6 ticks for me plus the Tech 21 and Johnson modelers . . . . so this is also a dream come true for me as well.

• So it seems KPA guys are not novices in digital world.
    Only 2 of us

:D

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I have even recorded my first and best cd 1998 with a Korg A4 D.I.

and it still sounds good and stands the test of time. never found sth as good, until ...

The March of 2012, when i read an article in guitar (german) and found the nashville video
    with Christoph K. the rest is history. owned a lot of other gear mentioned here, but did not like it AT ALL :cursing:
    i wont tell you the names of the gear, but fill in whatever you like :D

The KPA is the first gear (to me) that models tube correctly. cheers

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Vetta / 2 / and with Armin mods (yes, the same Armin!)

;)

I found a lot of familiar names when I compare the names of old Vetta and new KPA profiles customers.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• My path was as follows:

Crate GFX212 and Marshall Solid State Amps
    Behringer V-amp into SS Amp
    Digitech RP1000
    Orange Tiny Terror
    Line 6 X3 Live
    Line 6 HD500
    Tech 21 Oxford pedal with Carl Martin Plexitone
    Kemper

I had to use the modelers for what we are doing at Church and live. I always wanted to use my Orange tube amps. I don't worry about it anymore. I spent way to much time tweaking patches with the modelers.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I've never had the room for real amps. I own a Roland Cube 20xl which is plenty loud, rarely use it past 12.
    My fx history would go something like this;
    Zoom 505, Zoom 8080, Guitar Rig 2, 3, 4, 5, Cube 20xl, Boss Me 70, Amplitube 3, Ampeg svt, Boss GT10B, Mesa Vtwin, Trex Gristle King and finally Kemper.
    Add a few single boss pedals like ds1 and compressor and Boss RC300. Then finally kemper now. :thumbup:

• Beside the 11R did I used to own all other gear from my list.

Nothing was close to real tube amps, the AxeFx was the closed by far.

KPA sounds like a tube amp - best digital guitar amp box ever!