TheAmpFactory Pack5 Out NOW!

• Hey Raoul,

that's what I was hoping to hear ;)
    Also I remember they had at least an orange head for their do you know what I mean video on the set. So maybe it was used for Be Here Now too.
    Unbelievable times where a dude from Berln can play an amp Oasis used on a record. Love it! ;)

• Gotta be honest the mark v - I was hugely disappointed. I have bunch of taf profiles, many of which are good and some really are big favourites but I cannot get anything out of this profile and I've tried. They are raw but the problem is it sounds nothing like a real mark v to start with.

• Gotta be honest the mark v - I was hugely disappointed. I have bunch of taf profiles, many of which are good and some really are big favourites but I cannot get anything out of this profile and I've tried. They are raw but the problem is it sounds nothing like a real mark v to start with. You can't polish a turd as they say. Hit up the soundside profile instead, they are raw profiles and with abit of tweaking sound pretty monstrous.

+1

• Gotta be honest the mark v - I was hugely disappointed. I have bunch of taf profiles, many of which are good and some really are big favourites but I cannot get anything out of this profile and I've tried. They are raw but the problem is it sounds nothing like a real mark v to start with. You can't polish a turd as they say. Hit up the soundside profile instead, they are raw profiles and with abit of tweaking sound pretty monstrous.

Im sorry you didnt like, but really your post is kindda hurtfull. No need for that.

• Sorry you feel that way, it's not my intention to be hurtful only to advise. You have many great profiles but this one isn't upto your own standards. But its commercial and your selling it for a profit but in my opinion it just does not sound like what its supposed to represent.

• Sorry you feel that way, it's not my intention to be hurtful only to advise. You have many great profiles but this one isn't upto your own standards. But its commercial and your selling it for a profit but in my opinion it just does not sound like what its supposed to represent.

Thats fine.. This was a better way of saying it, I dont have a problem with you spreading the news of your opinion, as Profiles are very personal, we all know this so its not a problem, doesn't work for you, unlucky, and a shame.. but the wording you used was not cool is all.
    and once again sorry you dont like. - the guy that dialed it in (its his amp) and he is famous for his MarkV use. (I cant mention the person without permission) but its used on a lot of recordings this way. - maybe you can try it in a mix?

Or maybe it will be better when I release the updated Pack5 with tweeked profiles (after Ive done Pack6), or simply put. maybe its just not to your taste!.

• Oh ok apologises i see what you mean wording wise. It was just a turn of phrase, not meant nastily, i say it jokingly all the time but i see how it may come across. Ill remove it out.

Anyhow, i havent tried it in a mix. I love the mark series of amps and am familier with the last 3 but it just sounds muffled. I have spent time tweaking as i know they are raw but im just not getting anything. Id be very interested to try it in a mix. Im also itching to know whose it is. Petrucci is probably the most famous user but it wouldnt be him. Al DiMeola uses one and he does have a very dark tone....... Hmm, one of my favourite players as well. If it was id fall over. Doubtful the LOG guys (also big favourites of mine). I think im just disappointed because this amp is a favourite of mine, used by at least 4 of my favourite players that im aware of yet it just doesnt sound like the Mark V i know.

ANyhow, looking forward to the tweaks. I will spend more time on it and will happily eat my words if i can get something out of it.

• Not to stir the pot, but I disagree with andy. The guy said nothing wrong. You provide a service/product that people PAY for, he is more than inclined to be able to give his opinion, and I don't believe he said anything wrong. I can tell just by the soundclips that I will probably more than agree with Alexander on this one. I personally feel if you are going to continue to provide a service profiling high gain sounds, that you should consult with someone else more apt to doing this style of profiling/micing of amps: some of the best recorded high gain tones were done with just a 57/609 etc. This is just my opinion, but many others feel the same way.

• Not to stir the pot, but I disagree with andy. The guy said nothing wrong. You provide a service/product that people PAY for, he is more than inclined to be able to give his opinion, and I don't believe he said anything wrong. I can tell just by the soundclips that I will probably more than agree with Alexander on this one. I personally feel if you are going to continue to provide a service profiling high gain sounds, that you should consult with someone else more apt to doing this style of profiling/micing of amps: some of the best recorded high gain tones were done with just a 57/609 etc. This is just my opinion, but many others feel the same way.

I think you might have got us wrong Ves. - I didn't (and still dont) have a Problem with what he said. - just a few words that bothered me, and more so from a "translation to other language" will not perceive well, and so it bothered me. - the rest was plain and clear. and I even quoted it so others can also see. - Your right I provide a service, Ive had happy success until pack5. - as its obvious my weakness is "metal" amps, - but we all knew that, Hence why I did not set these amps up myself, it was with guidance with some very well known players & friends.

Im getting beaten up a bit here to be fair, and thats ok, Im a big lad and can deal with it, P5, has been received well (very well by some) - and yet I turn a page and not at all.. there must be a fine line somewhere..then again, I cant please everyone.

• Yeah, i did use a turn of phrase to describe my feelings towards this profile that i apologised for and retracted. To be honest it was meant more jokingly if anything, but things can be easily lost in translation with the written word and yeah i guess i was having a little dig to a certain degree. :rolleyes: Anyway, i still stand by my feelings towards the profile 100%. If your looking for that typical Mark V tone (think Petrucci, LOG, Alex Lifeson) it doesnt deliver, there are better places to go. This is one of the few commercial amps profiles i can compare with the real thing and hence my disappointment.

One other note, I bought it blind but ive listen to the sample just and if people like the sample - well then grab the profile, its sounds the same.

• I think you might have got us wrong Ves. - I didn't (and still dont) have a Problem with what he said. - just a few words that bothered me, and more so from a "translation to other language" will not perceive well, and so it bothered me. - the rest was plain and clear. and I even quoted it so others can also see. - Your right I provide a service, Ive had happy success until pack5. - as its obvious my weakness is "metal" amps, - but we all knew that, Hence why I did not set these amps up myself, it was with guidance with some very well known players & friends.

Im getting beaten up a bit here to be fair, and thats ok, Im a big lad and can deal with it, P5, has been received well (very well by some) - and yet I turn a page and not at all.. there must be a fine line somewhere..then again, I cant please everyone.

I must stick up for Andy here. All the profiles i use are ones i have brought from him they are great. My main one which i use live is the mesa triple rect. On the forums people were saying how good the Ola profile one was so before i brought TAF one i downloaded his from the rig exchange and i found it not suitable for me at all. So i thought hey ill download the TAF one and this blew me away it was the sound id been looking for for ages. The thing i like about TAF profiles is that they need little tweaking for me anyway and not only this the customer service you receive is great. Ive emailed Andy several times about a sound im after or a question and he has got straight back to me with an anwser and some great tips and advice.

So if you pay £5 for a sound and its not really right i wouldnt say its the end of the world and you never know you might one day need a sound like that and if you do you have it :thumbup:

Keep up the great work Andy!!!!

Must say from pack 5 i brought the JCM 900 and the Carvin and they ROCK!!!!!

• Yeah, i did use a turn of phrase to describe my feelings towards this profile that i apologised for and retracted. To be honest it was meant more jokingly if anything, but things can be easily lost in translation with the written word and yeah i guess i was having a little dig to a certain degree. :rolleyes: Anyway, i still stand by my feelings towards the profile 100%. If your looking for that typical Mark V tone (think Petrucci, LOG, Alex Lifeson) it doesnt deliver, there are better places to go. This is one of the few commercial amps profiles i can compare with the real thing and hence my disappointment.

One other note, I bought it blind but ive listen to the sample just and if people like the sample - well then grab the profile, its sounds the same.

No need to explain yourself again. I respect your opinion, and I certainty dont feel any anger or hate towards you or anyone for that matter, I agree 100% with what you say, there is maybe better choices elsewhere, thats respectable and valid. I simply provide a service and sometimes thats not good enough. - Naturally I wish things were different but they are not, and its too late now so it is what it is...maybe next time. - but I wish you happiness elsewhere and keep on rockin!..

• andy: do you have some clips of the Rivera Knucklehead? I have seen some demos on youtube , both dark metal and standard rock tone.

take care

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Hi, just wondering if there's a tweaked Andy version of this pack, i had the pack since it was released :) just wondering because i read that before on this post

thanks!

Just wondering if the tweaked Pack 5 has been released.