Upgraded my monitors...

• Raoul23, also look at the Yamaha HM 80's. They're actually a de facto standard and can be found in many studios.
    A comparison between the Adam A7 and the Yamaha HM 80 could maybe turn out like Atomic CLR vs. Yamaha DXR 10, (where the Yamaha gives you more bang for the buck).
    I know I love my HM 80's

• Just upgraded my monitors to some Adam A7x's and what can I say, the kemper sounds incredible. Id share a picture but the jpg is too big. For anyone thinking of upgrading I'd say don't skimp on monitors, invest as much as you can. Thanks for the advice on the board, gianfranco especially (the wiki guy)

A better interface next I think.

Hey Alexander,

I'm quite late to the party but I'm happy I could be of help :thumbup:

• Ok...so I buckled under the pressure and a pair of A7Xs are on the way...
    Should be a decent upgrade on my 12 year old trusty Mk1 Alesis M1s.
    Let the wait begin...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• What is the difference between using an Adam7 or using a Yamaha DXR10 or CLR?

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• I use a Steinberg MR816X which sounds amazing. The internet loves these things too.....seriously google them, and be pleasantly surprised :)

There is also a USB version if Firewire aint available.

But to be absolutely sure that you are getting the purest signal from your Kemper (if going direct and for FRFR) you have to go in to your interface via SPDIF. Digital 1s and 0s, and hence no signal loss with conversion, interference, etc etc...
    Also the best thing about it, is that digital transcends price tags....a digital IO in a €100 soundcard will sound the exact same as the digital IO on a €3000 interface. Just digital 1s and 0s after all......
    But if you want to use the mic pre amps and converters for your monitors, then the differences can be heard...

BTW, Focusrite are grand devices (mostly), I have frequent access / use a LS56 very often and its a lovely piece of kit. Bit big for my home rack though for my needs (2U rack space)

• Raoul:
    Sometimes quoting workes, sometimes not, oh well....

I think what I've learned from FRFR shopping is: check it out yourself. No data sheet or specs description will tell you if brand x gives you the clarity and punch you're looking for.
    If you're content with your KRK then by all means stay with what you have.

• True. I tried the genelecs, about £60 more expensive and did not like them at all.

Anyhow, good choice brattcave. Sure you will be pleased

Also I didn't realise this about the spdif. I thought the mic pres was still going to have an effect. Interesting

• Ok so this is frustrating... Took delivery of my Adam A7Xs but the UK vendor (Digital Village) appear to be shipping via Germany these days. As the paranoid type the moment I saw this on the tracking site I just knew they'd ship me the wrong power cables. And of course I was right... Some UK figure of eight cables looked like they had been thrown in at the last minute but again... wrong cables. Like most other monitors the Adam's require a kettle lead type connection... DV then send me some UK ones but... 3 cables all with different fuses and nothing in the manual - pretty basic you'd think...

I've googled this with no success so does anyone know which flipping fuse I need?!
    The back of the Adams read 1.6AL for 250v operation ...never heard of that type of fuse - anyone know what type of fuse I need, the ones the shipped me were orginally (figure of 8 ) were 3A, these more recent ones with the kettle lead were 5A...

Can anyone shed any light? Was hoping to at least turn them on tonight!

Cheers! :thumbup:

Had a similar problem with Thomann when they shipped the KPA to me... German cables... PITA!

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

Edited once, last by Brattcave ().

• Problem solved. 5 Amps... Only good things to say about the guys at Adam UK. Only too happy to help out.
    Now to burn these babies in :P

• Im hijacking this thread to make some questions.

I got yesterday my first pair of decent studio monitors(Tannoy reveal).Im needing some tips now,do you guys make any setup adjustments to the kemper when you use it trough monitors?Anything i should know to improve the sound?

• Im hijacking this thread to make some questions.

I got yesterday my first pair of decent studio monitors(Tannoy reveal).Im needing some tips now,do you guys make any setup adjustments to the kemper when you use it trough monitors?Anything i should know to improve the sound?

I think you shouldnt do nothing on kemper . Just be sure to settle the monitors in good angle to your ears. 60 Degrees angled . Your head should be a Triangle equilatero vertice with the monitors .

p.s. fico contente por ter conterraneos a usar o kemper , hehe . Tentei enviar-te mensagem , mas no forum deves isso bloqueado . manda mensagem privada e abre essa possibilidade para poder enviar-te tambem . Cumprimentos

• I think you shouldnt do nothing on kemper . Just be sure to settle the monitors in good angle to your ears. 60 Degrees angled . Your head should be a Triangle equilatero vertice with the monitors .

p.s. fico contente por ter conterraneos a usar o kemper , hehe . Tentei enviar-te mensagem , mas no forum deves isso bloqueado . manda mensagem privada e abre essa possibilidade para poder enviar-te tambem . Cumprimentos

Tks!

It's strange my pm's aren't working,il have to see what's happening.

• Just to report back, it was a bug in the iMac’s FireWire systems. A bit too much daisy-chaining going on there. I since switched to the USB version of the Saffire on the iMac and use the FireWire one on the macBook. Both work sterling. And the mixing software I got used to. Set once and forget.

• Just to report back, it was a bug in the iMac’s FireWire systems. A bit too much daisy-chaining going on there. I since switched to the USB version of the Saffire on the iMac and use the FireWire one on the macBook. Both work sterling. And the mixing software I got used to. Set once and forget.

Interesting. Never heard of something like this before. What did you do daisy- chaining?