Back from Nepal, serious Kemper GAS!

• I'm back from Nepal some 2.5 weeks early with a broken foot and a broken guitar and a new favourite song "Beautifully Broken" by Gov't Mule. Seems like everything gets broken this month. So please try to not break my heart if you read my serious Kemper hardware request. ;)

I want to have a portable, pocket size KPA! Seriously!
    No need for in-depth editing/tweaking features, just upload ready-to-play profiles which I created on my lunchbox, set input/output gain, attach headphones or speakers and play, built-in click metronome with Tap Tempo would be nice. Memory for 50 profiles would be enough, I think. Same size like Toneworks Pandora PX4 or even slightly bigger would be ok, 4x AA batteries should be ok for a couple of hours.

I've been thinking about this every day when I was in Nepal during load shedding hours. It's not a stupid, pointless request for yet another silly gadget. I'm completely serious about this and Kemper can treat this request as an official shopping order. I will buy a miniKPA the very day it will be available!

I'm curious what others think about this. Summer is (hopefully) coming and how nice would it be to just sit in the garden with one guitar, one guitar cable, one small gadget and headphones ... and a cool drink. Let's not get stupid and ask for a shipping date next week, but how about June 2nd 2014? Could we agree on this? :D

Cheers,
    Martin

• Well, welcome back! Sorry to hear those things. ;(

About the request: Couldn't have said any better or more detailed. +1000 for that! :thumbup:

Me personally i would not buy it on the day of release, but i can seriously imagine that the pocket kemper
    would be a success immediately! imagine a green kemper in the size of the zoom G2 loaded with two or
    four batteries, what a beatuy this would be. and what an easement if the power is down in nepal or you are
    on a business trip in the middle of nowhwere with your travel guitar and the app-sounds suck again or you
    want to record an idea and have only a laptop and the pocketKPA to your disposal.

or you ... or you ... { one can imagine a thousand things once you started imagining this.

so, thumbs up for this. the only and serious question is: since the .kipr files are 4K of size. what exactly brings them to life?
    if it is the cpu - and i think it is - you can forget the whole thing, because the price would be somewhere in the region of 700 euro.
    i could be totally wrong about that, but this is my guess.

plus: the small kemper team is so freakin busy, who could develop this? but anyway, thumbs up for the idea.

ps: what about a song title for the new album. "broken karma"? ;)

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited once, last by Geraldo7 ().

• I'm back from Nepal some 2.5 weeks early with a broken foot and a broken guitar and a new favourite song "Beautifully Broken" by Gov't Mule. Seems like everything gets broken this month. So please try to not break my heart if you read my serious Kemper hardware request.

What the hell did you? Playing baseball with your axe in the Himalaya a bit to close to the Edge? Smoking the local shrubbery and felt like going Wild? So you're wearing a cast? Hope Things will go better soon! Gute Besserung!
    Back to topic: I think it's a valid idea!

• Can't quote with this browser, but Ingolf your statement made me think of the old Spooky Tooth song: You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• First: Get well soon! (Your foot and your guitar!)
    Second: I like your idea!

But I think this would only make sense if the sound quality was really en a par with "the big Kemper", so you could do some serious recording with it, or take it to that open stage session every first tuesday of the month without compromising on sound. For situations, where the sound is not too important (sitting in the garden with a beer or noodling in a hotelroom) there are already (mini-) pods and iPhone-apps and stuff like this, which are really affordable.

• But I think this would only make sense if the sound quality was really en a par with "the big Kemper" ... For situations, where the sound is not too important... there are already (mini-) pods and iPhone-apps and stuff like this ...

That's basically the idea: Kemper sound quality, 100%.
    I hate these Apps, Pods and Pandoras. Can't enjoy their sound at all, can't enjoy playing guitar with them. Sound is always important to me.

• I want to have a portable, pocket size KPA! Seriously!
    No need for in-depth editing/tweaking features, just upload ready-to-play profiles which I created on my lunchbox, set input/output gain, attach headphones or speakers and play, built-in click metronome with Tap Tempo would be nice. Memory for 50 profiles would be enough, I think. Same size like Toneworks Pandora PX4 or even slightly bigger would be ok, 4x AA batteries should be ok for a couple of hours.

I've been thinking about this every day when I was in Nepal during load shedding hours. It's not a stupid, pointless request for yet another silly gadget. I'm completely serious about this and Kemper can treat this request as an official shopping order. I will buy a miniKPA the very day it will be available!

Summer is (hopefully) coming and how nice would it be to just sit in the garden with one guitar, one guitar cable, one small gadget and headphones ... and a cool drink. Let's not get stupid and ask for a shipping date next week, but how about June 2nd 2014? Could we agree on this? :D

June 2nd is coming closer :D ... and I'm still as serious about this topic as I've been before. A pocket size Kemper Profile Player device would be the fastest order I've EVER done in my whole life, and I would immediately order 2 of them. Can't tell you guys how much I hope this will materialize someday. But for now this is just another reminder for the mothership.