Posts by iEddiez

Welcome and congrats on your Power Head and Remote, Dan. Hopefully that Kab arrives soon.

Indeed, it's a great resource and every Kemperite should avail him or herself of it IMHO.

There hasn't been any animosity yet :')
    Helpful folk which is always nice to see on the internet. Kab is awaiting shipping from Kemper

Hey folks,

I'm Dan. I've been playing guitar for ~16 years, mediocrely at best, but I love the instrument.

Mainly play MUSE through a Manson MA2 Evo.

Having started on a Line 6 Spider II back in the day I then bought a 'proper' amp in the shape of a Blackstar HT100 with a 412a cab. That was insane. I downsized to a Blackstar ID60TVP and then last week, to a Kemper Powerhead, Remote and I'm awaiting my Kab.

I didn't realise how much freedom a Kemper actually gives you. Proper good kit.

The forum has been great so far. Lots of helpful folk willing to get things started.

They bought the powered cab. Im assuming £100 vat and £25 import charges.

Sounds about right.

20% VAT - I was told maybe a 3.7% import duty (I don't think so though) and a brokerage fee. Amazingly UPS couldn't tell me their fees. Useless

I've had a go at working out some costs for the Kab so I can be prepared for the UPS bill;

Kemper Kab (Paid to Kemper)
    £312.05
    inc VAT (20%) (Paid to UPS)
    £374.46
    Duty? (3.7%) (Paid to UPS)
    £13.86
    Duty Added Total£388

It's still better than waiting until August for the UK Retailers to get them in stock mind. UPS have been useless and I can see why this is causing lots of UK buyers headaches...
    I've also seen stories of pople not being charged VAT or any import fees. I am amazed they don't have to publish a cost outline on their sites.

Paid £914.23 for 2 Power Kabinets shipped to the UK and paid a further £207.61 to UPS prior to delivery.

Kemper also never included my promised free t shirts :(.

Just some quick Maths, £182 of your £207 was VAT and Duty I assume?

£25 brokerage then maybe on top?

Mine is showing up on Thursday. I will update also.

Please do. I paid Kemper yesterday via Bank Transfer so I am hoping it's shipped this week.

Paid £914.23 for 2 Power Kabinets shipped to the UK and paid a further £207.61 to UPS prior to delivery.

Kemper also never included my promised free t shirts :(.

Thats insane. Gutted about the Ts.

I just ordered a powered Kabinet shipping to Canada. They shipped via UPS express saver. According to the ups website brokerage charges are included on international orders for Express Saver. If my understanding is correct you should only have to pay Vat/duties only. Please correct me if I am wrong. Wondering myself what I will have to pay lol.

Will update

I find it so useful to punch in and out, especially in a twin guitar band. I also prefer to switch morph rather than use a volume or expression pedal. I like to punch in with a fixed value rather than multiple levels etc. That also leaves my expression pedals free for true volume control etc.

When they first brought out morph, I didn't get the point. I've become the biggest user of it now :). Saves using an effects slot for a booster etc. Great example of where Kemper knew better than me.

Thanks for all your help. I know I won't fill my kemper but I'm obviously concerned of having 5 rigs per song ?

I'll look at performance edits tomorrow

Morphing is a shout and a half for adding beef to riffs. Thanks for your help.

Our song order is ever-changing, and if someone yells out a request, it may instantly happen. because of that, my main Performance is located in the middle of the six that I typically use. I can get to any of those five main Rigs in a maximum of three or four fast clicks.

Ah, it looks like Paults may have answered this for me here; How do I edit rigs/effects from within performance mode?

To edit the Performance Slot Rig, press the same buttons you would press in Browse Mode for FX, amp parameters, etc. When you Save the Performance, it will save the updated Rig in that Performance Slot (without changing your original Browse Mode Rig).

With that in mind, I could copy the same rig into each slot of my performance, enable each effect and save it in that performance so my main rig is not affected...

Will give it a test

That's exactly what Performance mode is for. 5 different rigs, all with the same (or different) settings.

Changes in Performance mode don't affect rigs in Browse. Even if it's just one rig, I create a performance for a song. That way I know everything (including tempo and key for any harmonizing) is set specifically for that tune.

Thanks.

So, I could copy my meat and potatoes rig for the 4 slots

Then enable the FX in performance mode and it would overwrite my rig in the browse pool?

if you have the Stage or the Remote you can setup up to 4 effects per effects switch

Thanks, I have the remote but I'm not asking about the buttons (stomps)

I'm asking about Rigs per song I suppose.

I have a song that could be played with one rig but in different combinations of FX on or off

Have I misunderstood, I thought you could add a rig to the Performance slots and then set the FX within that Performance only to not affect the rig?

I may be wrong. But the way I'm using it so far is 5 rigs per song... even if the core settings are the same.

I had a q about Performance mode.

I have a rig setup with all the possible FX I'd need. Do I need to create different rigs with the FX enabled or disabled for the various parts of my song?

Just wondering how you do it!?

I suspect that its still really early and with covid and brexit, double whammy. I'm sure you'll get it sorted soon, but I'm like you, when I set my heart on something I can't wait ;)

I've had my Powerhead and Remote for nearly a week. (I had the wrong one delivered twice) and thought I had a Kab on order.
    I'm not a great headphone player, much prefer the amp in the room so I've not really dived into it yet. Painful :')