Posts by Edward Dixon

Disclaimer:

I don't own and have never used a Kemper Player or ToneX. I quit using modelers years ago when I upgraded my Line6 POD xtLive to a POD HD500 and went back to amps due to a serious lack of satisfaction. Two years ago I came across a good deal on a Kemper Stage and my amps don't get much use these days. A year later I bought a Kemper Rack and a Fender Tone Master Pro, sold the Stage a couple of weeks ago and then the Player was announced. I've been looking for info on the Player and decided it's not something I could use because I don't play out anymore and I have no interest in pedal boards. I considered getting a Player to use with my Pedal Steel Guitar just because of the size but I can use the Rack and iPad just as easy and not limit the number of FX.

Having said all that, if I were to by either unit it would be the Player. because ...

1. Kemper has 110 FX and the ToneX has 4 . Kemper has 27.5 times the FX for a price difference of $300. That alone seems enough to justify the cost difference. Plus, upgrades paid and free will be coming for the Player, idk about the ToneX.

2. Kemper offers 4 USB in/out audio interface ToneX offers 2 USB channels in/out.

3. Kemper is designed for an external screen, which for me means easier to read from an iPad on a stand rather than a small screen on the floor. Not to mention easier to tweak settings or select rigs or use Bluetooth for backing tracks.

4. As far as "more accurate profiles", the sound difference is almost undetectable to my ears on what videos I have seen. I have no way to tell what they sound like live in the room.

I'm pretty sure the Player ships with a power supply and requires 1.5 amps. I can't point to the videos that I reviewed but there're out there. Main thing is it ships with the correct power supply (see user manual)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Burkhard can you verify this?

No, I don't believe you are doing anything wrong. I just tried and got the same result. Saving to Local Library immediately crashed Rig Manager. I re tested this with my Power Head and everything works as expected so it seems to be a bug that only affects the Player's integration with RM. Burkhard  Kemper Support #1

I just updated from RM 3.4.5 & OS 10.1.2.47971 to RM 3.5.15 & OS 10.2.2.49572 yesterday. Was worried about bugs but haven't tested anything yet. Are you saying if I do not have a Player I don't need to worry about this bug? I'm hoping that is the case.

Ed

:D I believe they do know... A lot. It's common digital audio knowledge, my implication.

The Kemper Profiler USB Audio should support all sample rates. For all users needs. It should not be a compromise.

I don't use the Kemper as an audio interface so it doesn't matter to me; I don't use the S/PDIF either.. I'm using a 32 channel digital mixer. Just a short time ago the Kemper didn't even have USB audio and I never gave it a second thought. The mixer can operate at 44.1 or 48 but I still use 44.1 because of the devices mentioned in my previous post and my ear doesn't hear the difference anyway. Looks like for now if you have to have higher sample rates your only options are to use S/PDIF or invest in gear that can handle it.

Side Note: This discussion belongs in Feature Requests.

Sample rates higher than 44.1 will encounter some issues on many playback devices. Most all playback devices can handle 44.1. When I make my backing tracks (on SD cards or usb stick)they will not play on my loopers or my drum machine.

Hi . I have noticed difference of volumes right and left channels main outputs via XLR in my Kemper stage. I didn't find any adjustments in output section to correct this difference . The difference is about 5dB .. Using headphones everything is ok .

Could anybody please let me know if is adjustable, and if so - where to find this set up.

If not ... maybe is simply broken ?

Many thanks in advance .

Robert

What are you running the L/R xlr's into? When you say "The difference is about 5dB", where do you meter it? It could be the problem is the gain pots on the board/ interface. Does this happen for all profiles? Check each channel one at a time and set the gain to -18db on the meter for each channel and the see if all channels are set the same on the gain pots.

One way to adjust is raise the gain on the channel that is lower or lower the gain on the one that is louder. I'm talking about the gain setting on the mixing board or interface the Kemper is plugged into. Don't link the 2 channels together or you won't be able to control separate gain settings.

But if the cause of the imbalance is due to an internal setting on the Kemper, the problem should be corrected there first and the above would not need apply.

Local sale only in Crestview Fl. 2 years old; listed for $950. I bought it used from a member on the Steel Guitar forum almost 2 years ago for $1400 including shipping. I'm old and just purchased a Fender Tone Master Pro. I also bought a new Kemper Rack unit earlier this year and I only use one Dumble profile I found on Rig exchange and the profiles I made of my own amps so having 2 Kempers is overkill since I hardly ever leave the house because of health issues in my old age.

I'm selling my Stage because I have a Rack now and I bought a Fender Tone Master Pro. I'm 74 and don't really need that much gear. I bought the Stage 2 years ago from a member on the Steel Guitar Forum and don't have "proof of purchase".

I would prefer that Kemper spent their time on modeling more tone stacks. I have been playing for over 60 years, tuning is the first thing I learned, it's a simple operation that only takes a few seconds and I don't keep guitars that go out of tune easily. Besides that, computer monitors produce EMI.

I challenge you to "just use your ears" and see if you can tell if the low or high harmonics (or overtones) are being distorted. You can report your perception of what's happening but not technically what the control does.

First of all, it's only a suggestion/question, I don't even know if it's possible to change the sound of a loop by changing the controls after the loop is made. I don't use the Kemper that way, I only play music and try to avoid tweaking as much as possible. Something either sounds good to me or it doesn't, I don't need to be challenged by anybody about it.

If you can't hear a difference then the control is useless. A definition of terms is useless as well, the sound is only perceived by the ears.