Posts by Edward Dixon

How is this supposed to work? It can't seem to find it's ass with both hands. Most useless function I've seen in any software.

If I go to the Rig Exchange page and search for "Dumble" I find some Dumbles but in Rig Manager it finds nothing (I am searching "All Tags"). Same for most things I search for.

Is there some "trick" that I need to be aware of?

The app works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S7, the only android device I have. It works with both my Stage and Rack units. I only had to connect to the networks the different units are connected to. The network for MY Stage is "KP Stage" (the name of my Stage unit) and the network for the Rack unit is "Starbase", (the name of the network my Rack unit and X 32 mixer are connected to. The app sees either profiler as soon as it connects to the associated network.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

After all your contributions, tips, examples and suggestions I finally bought the NUX C . 5C 5.8 GHz wireless system. It really goes through walls and sounds amazing: no loss of tone, no interference, rechargeable lithium battery, light as a feather, negligible latency, great transmission range etc.

Yoda, # 4 You've put me on the right track, man! Thanks!

I saw these online but passed them up because they are TRS, how does that work in a TS jack?

I don't re-amp ever. In a DAW one could blend as many amps you want. One amp at a time.

This splitter is intended for playing live. Each of the outputs has it's own on/off switch. It's great for A/B/C/D/E comparisons or blending amps and recording up to 5 at a time on separate stereo tracks into the DAW.

The best part is It's only $20.

The best $20 I ever spent.

I got this yesterday and tried it out this morning. I was so impressed I ordered a second one for my 5 real amps. Right now I have this one going to my Kemper Stage, Kemper Rack, Quilter Steelaire amp and Korg Tuner with a output left over for the Tone Master Pro when I get a longer cable. I had no idea how much fun it could be to blend 3 amps, 4 will be even better.

Sorry! Something went wrong!

Is it possible to listen to the other tracks in a project (Drums, bass, keys etc.) while auditioning different amps so that you can hear it in context?

That depends on how you monitor the playback of your DAW. I don't think it would a simple matter using the Kemper as the monitor, if it can even be done. It's a simple matter for me because I use my interface for monitoring everything (32 USB channels in and 32 out). 2 or 4 channels on the Kemper is too limiting (for me) for what you want to do. I'm not saying it's impossible, I never tried do it it that way.

I have no idea of what equipment you're working with so I can't give any specific advise.

The unit uses the information of the reference profile to pre populate fields to help speed up the process. If you use a similar profile as the reference then most of the fields are already filled in for you and you only need to change the ones that are different. This was particularly useful in the old days before RM as you had to fill in data with the knobs on the front of the profiler.

You can change any of the fields in RM when you have made your new profile. However, you can’t change data for factory content info so make sure you don't have a factory rig loaded as the reference rig. You can save a factory rig in Local Library and it will duplicate the rig but with data fields which you can then edit.

I've always wondered what the purpose of loading a reference amp before profiling is. I've only profiled 3 amps so far and understanding the editing of the tags has been my biggest stumbling block. Rig Manager seems hinky about highlighting the block to be edited, sometimes I have to click multiple times, in just the right spot, to edit some blocks.

Your post made me think I should be loading one of my profiles as the reference so that my name and other info is copied over and I won't have to keep editing certain blocks. Thanks for the tip.

On my computer (Win10) the order of switching devices on will determine which device Windows uses as the input and output if the computer is on first. I use my X32 as my audio interface so that is always turned on last. Also if I turn on the computer last Windows will select the last used i/o device selected in the sound preferences. I have 6 USB devices connected to my computer, 2 Kempers, a VG-99, Gr-55 and a Korg Krome keyboard and the X32.

Hello, I am the proud owner of a kemper profiler rack unpowered. I ran it through a line 6 90 wireless set. Since my last few gigs sometimes the sound fully stops. I see a signal coming in the wireless but no sound. Also clicking pedals, switching rigs or turning the main knob from performance to tuning etc doesn't help. Only switching off and on helps. I thought it was the volume pedal but after not connecting it still gives this error 1 to 2 times during a gig.

Is there anybody who can help?

Yes, Kemper will help if you submit a request for support.

In the mean time ... while we are trying to guess about your system .... what do you mean when you say "I see a signal coming in the wireless" ? Do you see a signal on the input indicator the Kemper ? The indicator on the receiver only indicates reception from the transmitter. If there is no indication of input on the Kemper, the input jack the receiver is plugged into is the next place to check. Is the wireless receiver fully seated in the Kemper ? Next time you have this problem try pushing the receiver in and check the input indicator on the Kemper.