Posts by Justin1971

Will have a look on RE later, thanks for the tip.

I don't have push/pull on my Schecter Reaper, I did on my Epiphone Les Paul but switched it out for Seymour Duncan Slash Alnicos II's so lost the push/pull functionality - never liked it anyway. I do have push/pull pot on my PRS SE but it sounds very weak. BTW - I'm not into drilling any of my guitars lol

Is it just me - or is anyone else still having problems with USB sticks? I have found just one that works (out of many) - it's so old the rubber around it has decomposed and become sticky - I can't use this with my shiny new Kemper Profiler Player! Even brand new Sandisk Ultra 32GB from amazon don't work for me (same brand as thomann sells for the Kemper). Any more clues please?

Have you tried the long Format (untick the quick format box) on a PC or laptop? make sure you have it set to Format as FAT32

Hi Peeps,

My PC is constantly asking me to upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11 - I am a big believer if "something isn't broke, don't fix it" - everything currently works fine with Win10 so should I keep postpone it or should I go with the upgrade? Has anyone had any connectivity issues with the KPA or Rig Manager with Win11?

I do work in IT so I suspect I could fix any issues that arise but I'd rather just keep playing rather than fixing stuff (that doesn't pay lol)

Hi, I wish to get to the input jack on my stage with a view to replace it (please don't ask) - I can't send it for repair as I need it almost every weekend.

Is there a detailed disassembly instruction for it as I can't see anything online.

Maybe this video can help you out:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'll give some of those options a try - I always put chorus in the effects/modulation section as that seems logical but maybe not, I'll have a play around over Christmas if the grandchildren (and wife) will let me lol

All the best for the festive season people

Not sure it it's just me but I find the Chorus on the KPA very weak - there is very little depth and just doesn't do it for me - fine when you want a subtle amount but when I need a lot it just can't quite get there.

Any tips before I go and buy a separate chorus pedal?

Think along the lines of "Run to You" by Brian Adams and all that 80's stuff where chorus was heavily used.

Thanks

Unfortunately I am in not in a position to send it for repair as I gig most weekends with the Kemper - it doesn't matter, it still works fine using the Return input jack.

I made a big mistake putting 2 new feet on the rear of my Kemper Stage - the replacement screw on the right hand side seems to have damaged the input jack.

I can still use it by plugging my guitar into the Return 1 jack but I'd like to get it back so I can use the normal input jack.

I'm quite good at soldering but I've looked and it's not obvious how to get inside the thing, can anyone help here?

It sometimes amazes me that people will spend a grand or more for the KPA and then ask about "cheap as chips" equipment - really? :D ;(

You need to get some li-ion AA rechargeables - a game changer. Note these are NOT nicad's which have a lower voltage and useless for digital applications.. The LI-on ones last close to duracells but of course are rechargeable...

Probably will at some point but the pay from gigs is enough to easily cover the cost of the 24 packs. I use the less-than-half full ones for rehearsals and practicing at home.

I used a cheapo (well around £70) for a 2.4Ghz one and worked fine until I played once at a large venue (around 200 people) and there was very noisy drop-outs so had to resort to a cable to finish the show - it also had significant latency.

I have been using a Sennheiser G4 radio mic for years with no issue so bought the Sennheiser guitar equivalent (EW 100 G4 Wireless Instrument System) - it's rock solid and never crapped out on me in the 2 years I've had it. Not a cheap unit though at around £550 from Gear 4 Music but I'd rather pay more for the reliability - also the latency isn't noticeable at all.

Only downside is it does eat batteries - I can usually get 2 shows out of it - especially if I remember to turn it off after soundcheck and in between sets.

I buy 24 Duracell AA batteries from Amazon now - much cheaper than in the shops - and I only use Duracell as some others makes have barely lasted 1 show.

I also used the Xvive G4 IEM system but swapped that for the Sennheiser one too - my Wireless rack is now worth almost £2k - oops

Hope this helps

How long (roughly) does it take to go from a Beta version to the real deal - obviously there is no definitive answer but I really want to try LP but use my KPA every week for live shows and can't risk a beta version - I also like Rig Manager and some have said it stops working on V10 beta :/