Posts by G String

It's currently on 4.0.0.12028B. I avoided going to 4.1 as it seemed full of even more bugs.

this is probably the worse thing you can do. as a general rule of thumb: either use the latest beta or use release versions. but don't get stuck on a beta, those are betas for a reason and i strongly disagree with you that the later beta versions are worse than the earlier ones.
    gs

Dear "+1 Likers":

dear skoczy -
    i was never able to understand why you believe that instructing people to _like_ a post will make a different. in any case, to us, it doesn't because we do not take it into account. same goes for "+1" to a degree. to support a feature, the replying poster should express the reason why he supports the feature.

so please refrain from attempting to make people "like" posts to support feature request.

you can remove the older versions. what you see is what everybody sees (minus the crashes of course).

1. When retrieving new rigs from the RE, RM always declares it's downloading x files up to an amount that is always greater than the amount actually d\l'ed. For example: "Downloading x files out of 64" ends up getting say 25\30 files. This issues has existed since I've memory of the app. Doesn't this hint at something wrong in the dB management\reading?

don't pay to much attention on this. it happens to everybody, we need to remove some doubles from Rig Exchange and then it'll be gone. in face we should have done this ages ago but there was always something better to do.

gs

I've come to the conclusion this forum is the completely wrong place for any kind of academic conversation on the subject. This is a consumer forum after all.

probably it is the wrong place. but you've started this thread with a feature request: "96khz 24bit profiling please". we encourage our users to voice their opinion, actually we are interested in what all of you think about our products and what you dream about. nevertheless i'll close this thread now.

Yeah. I requested it once I think. Makes sense to discuss general thighs out of "other gear" or "website and forum discussion".

this site is about our products. there are many other places where you can discuss whatever you like.

Might it not be a good idea to warn generally about this type of problem? How many licensors are currently operating with EULA? The other thing, a third party is not liable for this type of "misinterpretation of a legally bound monetary transaction", so if the sale is completed, who's to know and how? BTW, we are confining ourselves to Kemper specific profiles here, are we not?

it might be a good idea but this is not the business of Kemper and we will not interfere. the profiles in Rig Exchange don't have this issue.

You need to think in terms of a digital movie or song. You only own the right to watch or listen to the movie/song and don't own anything that is transferable to anyone else. Now if you could somehow de-register your name and register this other person as the owner, then it would be legal. The digital world creates a blurred line with ownership.
    The issue is that you still have access to the product even after you "sell" it to someone else. What's stopping you from downloading it again? Also, what happens to the person you sell it too, when his file becomes corrupted and he needs to get it again? Does he go back to you for a new copy? Or is he just out of luck now?

very true. and it goes further: IF the licensor (the maker of the Rig) made you sign an software license agreement (EULA) and you sell on the Profiler you've installed the rigs on later, the situation becomes much more complex. the buyer of the second hand Profiler has the Rigs now but he didn't agree on the individual EULA(s). and the seller probably doesn't have the automatic permission to extend to license agreement to a third party. or to put it in simpler terms: it is a romantic thought that you can sell on digital goods easily.

I don't suppose it would be very useful to open support tickets for these known problems as I probably don't have any info to add to the existing reports.

here's some really important info for you all: if you want you issue to be addressed or help us, reporting here will not help. always report by using the support form on the Kemper Amps website. don't expect us to read something you write here.

But I'm worried the variety of all sorts of issues have to do with the Kemper being maxed out CPU wise. I mean, consider that the KPA doesn't have enough juice to ever offer dual amps in a profile (or so we've been told). So it stands to reason that a host of new features tax the CPU more. This would explain the variety of experiences of different users: It all depends on how taxed your cpu is at the moment, which depends on what you're doing with you Kemper at the moment. You know when your DAW and a host of plugins are going and you're running out of juice, you never know what to expect, so you consolidate/simplify, bounce down, deactivate, and get creative to give your cpu a little more breathing room. Perhaps they are trying to cram to much into the firmware?

you don't have to worry about that. there is absolutely no reason for that. we are programming DSP code for over 15 years now and we certainly know how to create a performance instrument. the Profiler is very different to a DAW.
    gs