Posts by Per

I guess I was feeling a little Copelandish today

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks BayouTexan  waraba and deadman42 good call you’re right, I didn’t give it much of a mix. The harsh guitar is meant to be in the style of the artist formerly known as living who seemed to really like chorus at the metallic end of things, it can definitely be made to sit in the mix better.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks Monkey_Man ok. I was torn on this track, the vocals sounded too dry, but also sounded alright enough once I double tracked them. I sometimes use a touch of space echo but this time opted for a plate verb. If I wanted full on Genesis here I’d have added a slap back something shorter than John Lennons ADT maybe it would sound better than manual double tracking.

Sounds great. With regards reverb it’s very much per track, I tend to overuse verb but you really only want it on certain points where you want to give the feeling of space, such as on the repeated “make this happen” when the backing has dropped out a little. Otherwise for your master to create a transparent verb you can try a general smooth reverb but turn it on to fully wet and adjust the eq to rid yourself of wolf notes, then mix back in as much or little as you want.

Yeah Monkey_Man good point, thanks you’re right, I continue to feel very awkward about my vocals so tend to not place them where vocals should go if they were good in a mix which is way up front.

Too hot today to do more than this.

Off-kilter means different and unexpected. So sometimes like a wobbly wheel, or thrown off, but in music I mean it as in not MOR, so off the beaten path with interesting rhythmic structure and interest. You want a bit of that in any good music.

Very cool man, big fan of the off-kilter stuff, love the buttery synth lead and the vocals are perfect for this too. Sounds like samples of 60's records! Love it!