Posts by Per

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oi oi oi... oi would very much like a slice of lemon with my tea. Little did we know they were just a collective of young men of leisure who happened to share a speech impediment and came together at a particular time in a particular place.

Sounds great here, beefy. Nice bass playing! I’ve also been experimenting with just using guitar profiles for bass and even bass profiles for guitar. Often I want more definition and growl and the guitar profiles deliver there, then at other times bass profiles give greater clarity on the cleans than the guitar profiles.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just a little patch I swear

So, I actually did this track originally to do a collaboration with waraba as he injured his hand and wanted to do some singing instead. In the end it wasn’t the track for him though he’s still eying some others that I’ve also written some lyrics for so fingers crossed.

As this one didn’t come to be here’s the scratch track version I knocked out originally to give an idea of where the melody and cadence would have gone, you’ll have to use your imagination to conceive how it would have sounded with someone who can actually sing like waraba doing it, but I liked the call and answer melody enough to hope you won’t be too offended by my sharing.

Thank-you. It’s a classic pattern that Donovan allegedly taught the Beatles when they were together in India at the ashram in 68.

Thanks for the insight. Headphone mixing is very hard to do, that’s even more impressive!

Ok. It’s still useful information to know. I feel very uneducated about what to listen for, how to mix with balance.

Very very cool, huge sounds I'd love to learn your methodology, what you're listening for in the various sounds to get it this big gel-ing together so well.

Even though it's a much more modern rock sound for some reason it makes me think of ACDC! Would go killer with Brian vocals on it.