Posts by Per

Thanks guys!

skoczy I think more a result of lack of focus. There’s always some new shiny bauble to go play with. Also I think it’s more artifice than content, to me I hear the same old riffs, song structures, chord progressions, rhythms and production clichés that I’m trying to avoid, the same failings again and again getting in the way of fluid expression or innovation and yet there I go right down there once again, I suspect I just don’t have it in me so this is all a way of prevaricating around the bush and emperors new found love of nature loving outdoor sports with really big inflatables.

deadman42 thanks, it’s definitely influenced by the grunge sounds. Pearl Jam had some fantastic production going on that I’d love to be able to recreate.

Thank-you waraba I’m surprised you noticed my warbling on there XD

Thanks guys. BayouTexan thats very sweet but I’m still very much a noob myself. Picking up a guitar isn’t the same thing as learning it, everyone goes at their own pace and as Monkey_Man says it’s not a competition. There are plenty of pros here and on other forums, I’m not one of them, I don’t make any money making music and I don’t think I’d be able to even if I tried, I certainly am not up to standard even after all these years. I just muddle along my own path doing what I can to try and learn new things and work out how to express myself.

MuddySludge I’ll take it :D Slash has a lot of killer riffage.

Thank-you skoczy I need to practice at playing a lot tighter for this style, arrangement is also much harder than I expected. The guitars want to take up so much of the space.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ok, sorry metalhead I had to take a short break to bubblegum pop though I did try to stick in hard rock territory.

Often when I search for profiles I'm looking for not just gain level, but also the tonal shape. Is this a treble, mids, or bass heavy profile?

It would be really useful to have a column that gave an at a a glance representation of tonal balance.

You could do it as a heat map so left to right being bass to treble then color or shade representing volume. Or it can even just be a single value just like gain (bass to treble balance). Heck it could even be a mini 3 or 5 column graph as a nod to the graphic eq's on certain amps. It doesn't really matter that much just so long as I could filter down to e.g. high gain but dark rigs, or clean and bright or anything in-between.

Thanks for checking it out BayouTexan  Monkey_Man and deadman42

This is an area of music and sound that I really don't listen to much and so it feels (and I think sounds) like being a total beginner again. It's obviously going to take me quite a while to get into the groove and figure out how the guys that do this nail their tones and arrangements.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Silly messings around

Exploring some heavier sounds that I just have never managed to master. So time to learn how by practicing till I get better.

Back to the garden

Thanks Monkey_Man ! Audrey checks multiple boxes for an avatar in a guitar oriented forum, firstly it’s a famous moment in guitar cinema with a classic song instantly attached, secondly she’s holding an actual real life guitar, thirdly she’s cute unlike me, and fourth I love old Cinema.