Posts by Per

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Still stuck in 70's mode tonight

Thanks deadman42 it’s just double tracking when I want to make that wider sound. I’m doing less of it at the moment because obviously it takes twice as long to record having to play the part twice and also because I don’t always prefer it’s sound. Here I used it on both the keys and middle 8 guitar.

Thanks BayouTexan ! I was aiming for that early 70s proggy jam in Muscle Shoals territory, I cocked up a little though because I didn’t realize the intro was in 9/4 (bit of an odd one, rather than being 3 bars or 3/4 as you’d expect it groups like 2 bars of 4/4 with an extra beat at the end) till after I tried to put it under the drums but I’d already added the wurly and vox and liked in the intro bit so I just adjusted the riff slightly and re-recorded the reprises of it to get it to fit, in end end that added a little more urgency which I liked.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Some retro musings tonight

All depends where the punctuation would go right?

Some Eno inspired random psychedelic chillwave stuff. I also wanted to see whether it was possible to gel rock and trap together towards the end and it actually went surprisingly well and became space-rock-ey.

Todays noodle

Very cool, reminds me a bit of The Birthday Massacre in places (you might like Red Star by them the grooving is quite industrial and cool sounding). Nice complete track too!

Only occasionally

Sometimes noodles are just reactions

Hah Monkey_Man , I’m definitely no speed demon, you can hear just how messy those pentatonic runs are :pinch: but I am trying to up the general BPM and shorten the sections as I feel most of my tracks have a tendency to err on way too slow, while a good pop track is actually quite fast. Grab your attention and don’t let you get bored.