Posts by timowens

Here's another reason...

I was just messing with some Merged profiles, when I setup the Merged profiles I used my CLR FRFR monitor and added a highpass/lowpass filter in the X slot to dial it in because ultimately the most important sound is what comes out of the mains. But when I disabled the cab in the monitor output to feed my 112 guitar cab on stage the highpass/lowpass filter was still affecting the signal going to my guitar cab which kind of messed things up. If we had a highpass/lowpass filter built into the cab slot it would work perfectly in this case because it wouldn't affect the signal going to the guitar cab if the cab is disabled in the monitor output.

Here's hoping the Kemper team hears our request for this feature :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey, that's kind of cool that one of my profiles was included :D

So do you think if I did some DI profiles with all my boosts and OD's they would work well as merged profiles with the cabs from these profiles?

For the most accurate merged profiles you need to make the Studio and DA profiles during the same profiling session with the exact same settings, that being said, I think you should give it a try, I bet you will come up with some nice profiles.

HAWP-53 profiles are up.
    These are profiles of the Friedman Dirty Shirley into an Avatar Vintage 212 cab with a Celestion V30 and Scumback M75, the M75 was mic'd.
    The mic's were a Shure SM57 and Royer R121.
    The Dirty Shirley is not a high gain amp, but if you are into classic rock or blues you might find these useful.
    These are all Merged profiles, I still have the Studio and DA profile if anyone wants them.
    I also included a cab IR in WAV format for anyone who wants to try the cab with a modeler.
    I've really been enjoying these profiles in my jam room using a CLR cab, please let me know what you think.
    The files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fj1…JeWAvfWdCVwziRfT6dYa?dl=0

As we're talking about celebs settings...
    Tim would you try these settings and perhaps make a DI profile someday?

BTW It's from Richie Sambora's stage setup a few years ago.

I'd be happy to make some profiles but I can't make out the settings on the amp. If you can figure out the Pres, Bass, Mid, Treb, Gain and Master Volume I can sure give it a go. But remember that there are several option switches on this amp too including Voice, FAT, C45 and SAT, these switches make a big difference in the tone especially if you use two or more at once.

I'd be happy to make some profiles but the only distortion pedal I have is a Keeley mod'd Boss DS1. But it looks like sambrox might have a great solution for you.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I am surprised that the manual is misleading about this. All the more reason to ask them to include a lowpass and highpass filter after the cab.

I am thinking I'll make each DI right after making the Studio version. If I'm right in my thinking, I only need to select the "no cabinet" button and profile again, right?

For me, the latest firmware has been really good about automatically detecting that there is no cab. Simply make the profile as usual and after it's done you should see the cab light is not on telling you that it made a DA profile automatically. Of course you could select "no cabinet" just to be on the safe side.

Thanks but no joy, I went through the alignment procedure again just to make sure and it didn't help. To clarify, the volume pedal works fine once I move it, it's only when I first power up the KPA that the KPA thinks the pedal is in the heal down position, once I simply move the pedal it starts working fine. It has got me a couple of times, I have the volume pedal before that amp so I can control the gain somewhat, I power everything up and start playing and think "this preset should have more gain" so I select a profile with more gain, and then I realize that I haven't move the pedal since I powered up the KPA, so I move the pedal and bam, there is my gain. Has no one else had this problem? I'm sure it's something simple that I am missing but I just can't find it ?(

After I updated the firmware the KPA forgot the settings for the expression pedals, I was expecting this because the release notes said it would. I got them working again but for some reason when I first power the KPA on it thinks that the volume pedal is in the heal down position when it's not, if I simply move the volume pedal it returns to normal operation. I seem to remember that there is a setting to fix this but I can't find it. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? Thx