Posts by Mats_Nermark

Did you play the Theta Pro DSP or are you basing your difference of opinion on the youtube clips?

I have played almost every product Buck Waller has designed both at Rocktron and at ISP. They are great products in many ways. I have also played the KPA for almost 5 years and have extensive experience of the Axe-Fx. Yes, there are differences in sound and I like some products better for some fx and another product for another kind of fx. But still, it's my taste that dictates what I like better, not a quantitative method of measuring quality.

Cheers,

Mats N

Great sounds and tones, Mats . . it reminded me a bit of SRV's last song on his "In Step" album, "Riviera Paradise" I think is the name of it. Thanks for posting this.

Thanks, Stratattack!

I'm not too familiar with SRV's catalog nor have I listened a lot to him so I'm surprised to see you hear him in my playing. I'll have a listen to the track you mending. It will be interesting to see if I also hear it. Thanks for pointing it out!

Cheers,

Mats N

Hey Mats, now this is poetry, very beautifulll Fenderrish sounds, great :):)

Hi Bobiz,

Thanks for the kind words. I actually wrote this after a discussion with my wife. She has a way with poetic wordflow and I don't so I told her my way of expressing the same feeling was through my music. She then described in words how she felt when she thought of how she loved me and asked me to make a musical respond. This tune is that response. So in a way you are spot on. It's my way of poetry. Thanks again!

Which profile did you use specifically? I'm interested in buying it.

+1 :)

Thanks guys! I understand why you would want this profile named 3P Spanky 1 1
    At first Michael was going to include this one in his Box of Chocolate Pack but held off as he got together with Jamie at 3rd Power Amps and started thinking of doing a full 3rd Power Pack (which I think would be amazing).
    So at this time, the Spanky profiles are not available.
    The only reason I have it is that I help Michael beta test his profiles and I got these as part of the beta process.

Cheers,

Mats N

Sounds good Mats nice and spanky. :thumbup:
    How do you have the screamer set? If you don't mind sharing.

I had some trouble setting this up to sound and respond the way I wanted. I finally cracked the secret about it here's what I found. The Green Scream didn't work on it's own. If I set the gain to get the OD I wanted, the effect got muddy and indistinct. So what I did was to experiment with putting a boost in a stomp slop before the slot with the Green Scream. Lead boost didn't work and I had a slight problem choosing between the Pure Boost and Treble Boost but decided on the Pure Boost.

Here are the settings that worked best for me.
    Pure Boost
    Gain: +1.7

Green Scream
    Drive: 3.1
    Tone 6.2
    Mix: 100%
    Volume: +3

Hope this gives you some ideas!

Cheers,

Mats N

Hi,

I wrote a tune where I needed a clean sound that was both delicate and powerful depending on touch. I also wanted it to work in all Strat positions. Finally I wanted it to work with the Grean Screamer OD in the Kemper.

I used a Spanky profile from Michael Britt as a starting point and after a while I got what I wanted. This is very dynamic and very enjoyable to play. I hope you can hear both in this tune.

Guitar is a James Tyler Studio Elite.

Hope you'll like it!

[MEDIA=soundcloud][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media][media]

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/media][/MEDIA]

Cheers,

Mats N

At last! You knew I was keen, Mats, so... thank you so much!

Only hassle is I'm on FW 3.1.4 (from memory) and in no hurry to update. This could be a reason to 'though.

Thank you again. I hope everyone appreciates this; it's not like you churn out profiles every day...

Hi MM,

Yes, I knew and I really wanted to get them out faster, but I have learned quite a bit about tweaking since my last serious session that I wanted to make sure these would be as good as I think they need to be. I hope you find use for them.

And no, I don't churn out profiles every day. I wish I had more time to profile. I am thinking of doing a Fenderish clean session one day with the aim of getting a really dynamic and snappy clean sound. I haven't heard that from anyone yet, so I don't even know if it's possible. Time will tell!

Cheers,

Mats N

the 2 others as well but they sound already mixed after recording IMO, like if I'd be playing a CD. I took off delay and reverb and added defintion and power sagging and was more pleasant to me. I mean rawer, personnal taste

they were great for loop recording, great rythm sound

This is a very interesting comment! And one I find very illuminating regarding my own recording process. I was once taught by a great engineer/mixing guy that I should always get it right at the source. If you do that, mixing will be very easy. So when I record I almost never record a dry signal for later reamping. I always get the sound I want up front as I want to play the sound as part of my musical expression.

So now it seems I've taken this philosophy one step further and do that when I profile as well. When I made these three profiles I had a very clear view of what I wanted them to feel like and how to sound like in a mix. So I profiled the sounds and tweaked them accordingly. I hadn't thought of that until now.

You say they are great for "loop recording". What is that?

Cheers,

Mats N