Posts by DonPetersen

I was about to say that ;) The BM sound works well with practically any treble-booster in front of the normal-channel of a Vox and so does the KPA emulation of that chain.

Having said that, though I like the TB of the Kemper, I still prefer my BSM RM pedal because of the different flavour.

I think we once swapped mails and you sent me a testfile that I put through that thing and sent back the result. Any chance of seeing the outcome of that in the KPA? :love:

I just wanted to take a look what it does frequency-wise. at best it could become a eq preset. ;)

Connection???

some mixer switch automaticlly to mic level when you come with xlr

^ this seems to be the most common scenario, a line level signal should be treated as such. ;)

had this problem with the line out of my JVM410H ....

line level was on the cable --- mixer thought .... ah xlr cable switch to mic ---- output was waaaay to hot!

actually, the output was fine, the input gain of the mixing board was way to high. :D

I love what it does.

me too.
    If you put a treble booster in front of a already bright amp, well you'll be getting a lot of highs, unsurprisingly.

about the Brian May sound, I'd like to point out that many of his sounds are the Deacy amp and a sixpence as pick, or in case of the AC30, he's using the normal channel (and a treble boost)

the Top Boost channel of a AC30 is as you can tell from it's name already treble boosted.
    so a AC30 Top Boost with a treble booster equals two treble boosters in a row.

user discretion is advised.

I have to dial the tone control in the Green Screamer to -2.5 in order to control some of that brightness.

which in case of the Green Scream means 'noon'
    the tone control only affects the sound from -5 to 0, it's a known and stated bug.

if you tap the signal from the send of an amp, it hasn't passed through the amp's power section.

if you use a DI box between your amp and your speaker, the signal has passed through the amps power section.

If you use a tube power amp, a send profile would make more sense theorethically but 'if it sounds right, it IS right' (Joe Meek)

That just doesn't make sense to me. Its all code. In my understanding from reading interviews with CK, profiling is more the process than result, a way to automate the programming of "models".

so we're having this discussion again, eh? :)
    I'm really looking forward to more stomp box OD och distorsion models

Are you suggesting the stompbox models are not of the same quality level as the profiles?

I'd really appreciate it, if you could please stop using this 'Are you implying...' 'Are you suggesting...' construction (also see other thread).
    It's a little tiring and I'm always tempted to answer with sarcasm - which doesn't translate very well in a forum.

;)

I always mic my amps off axis. Always.

the question is:

how does your amp -> cab -> mic -> Profiler -> monitors/speakers

sound compared to

Profiler (with profile of your setup) -> monitors/speakers

you have to take the sound of the amp makes in the room out of the equation. only the mic sound is of interest.
    also, if you don't like the bump the SM57 has, maybe it's not the right mic for you.
    nothing good can come from working against the sound of a mic. you choose a mic for it's properties, not regardless and try to eq that character out. ;)

of that very particular high end signature at the KPA outputs?

let me be blunt:

The Profiler has no signature sound.
    Many pros with 'golden ears' confirmed that the profile is sounding just like the amp fed into it, even analysers show that the high end is spot on.

I have good monitors here with very 'hi-res' speakers for the high frequencies - and I love the high end I'm getting.
    So it seems you are either comparing amp in the room sound (often indirect and off-axis) with the miked sound (very direct, maybe even on axis)
    or
    maybe your speakers add something to the high end.
    aren't your speakers meant to be used as live monitors/small PA?

live monitors are no substitute to studio monitors, and in my experience:
    the better the speaker - the better the Profiler sounds.

I believe the panning is for the harmonized pitches though, not the dry signal.

not quite.
    with the voice mix at -5 or +5 (only one voice), the stereo parameter moves the dry and the pitchshifted signal hard left/right in it's max (180°) setting and it reverses that effect at -180°.
    with the voice mix at 0 (both pitchshifted voices are equally loud), the stereo parameter moves voice 1 and 2 from hard left to hard right (and vice versa) while keeping the dry signal in the middle.

it's a very simple, intuitive control.