Posts by Boanerges

Thanks Ingolf & Trazan -- I'm aware that you can copy/paste individual fx and amps, but I was hoping that there was an easier way to distribute one favourite setup over several slots, and then make changes from there :) Locking the fx section is surely something I will try.

I've probably missed out on this one, but hopefully one of you gentlemen can come to my rescue. Again ;)

Say I have found a great amp and puts it in the first slot of the first performance. I then find the right combo of effects for this amp, and I want to use the same amp and effects for the rest of the slots in this performance, with some adjustments for each slot. I might even want to use the same set of effects in different performances with different amps

1. How do I copy the entire fx/amp-content from one slot to the other?
    2. How do I copy all the effects from one slot to other amps in other slots or performances?

?

Just trying to be funny, Michael, as usual with no luck :thumbup: I tried to allude to the paranoid conspiracy theories floating aboat, where somebody always "/.../ are reading our comments." A tin foil hat is believed to help preventing extra-terrestrial beings listening in on our thoughts ;)

I'll do a better job next time :)

I'm considering upgrading to either a power rack or the powererd toaster. I've found very little info about the poweramps, actually, and I'm wondering if anyone can chime in with their experience. How does the power amp section measure with the more known modeler-designed poweramps such as those from Matrix, Atomic etc.? Does it work equally well with FRFR speakers and regular guitar cabs? ARe they powerful enough to follow a loud drummer?

Just wonderin' if it's worth the upgrade or if I'm better off with a separate power amp.

Sure, the volume pedal is an option with min/max values. The way I do it now, with the old UnO chip is to use a switch for min/max volume and free up the volume pedal to control delay levels. But I guess this won't work anyway with the UnO for Kemper chip, so I might as well use the volume pedal for this.

Hola!
    I'm awaiting the UnO for Kemper Chip, and wonder how you assign a volume bump (3-4 dB) for solos etc. using the features of the UnO for Kemper chip. Do I have to waste a slot on the Kemper fx row for assigning a neutral boost after the amp, or do you have any other clever suggestions?

Again, the tech is inconsequential. If it were running Windows 3.1 under the covers would that change how your ears hear the sound? As long as a Kemper box is functional, how would it really ever become outdated as you can load new profiles whenever you need new sounds? CK's position from the very start is that the goal is for the profiling engine to never change throughout the life of the product.

You're buying a tech product, so the tech is absolutely not inconsequential. But here are two different discussions going on here. The first issue was to clarify false assumptions about the Kemper, which CK did. It would be a shame if what seems to be uninformed assumptions about the Kemper's tech would be what people read about it, when the alternatives to the Kemper are constantly touted as over-spec'd boxes marketed with terms leaning on competing technology, such as MIMIC, ToneMatch, etc. It may not apply to everybody, although it most likely does, but it's a well documented psychological fact that we don't just listen with our ears, but with our eyes and minds as well. This is part of the reason forums like this exist ;)

It's no big issue for me, but I always like to know that when I buy into an eco-system like the KPA's or Fractal's, there's a life span and a competitive edge, IMHO this is especially true when the technology for capturing profiles more or less is what it will be in the future. It doesn't change how the KPA sounds, but it's nice to have from the horse's mouth that there's more to the technology than cheating with the eq (or whatever).

What you propose here is exactly my plan :)

CK, a simple request; is there any chance to implement a simple volume boost that can be assigned to a cc# that can bump the overall volume measured in dB, without having to use one of the effects slot or the volume pedal function? Questions related to how this can be implemented in an easy way are frequently raised in forums discussing rigs like the Kemper and Axe.

As it is now, I either have to program two rigs, one slightly louder than the other, assign an fx slot after the amp/cab to bump the volume, or use the volume pedal function in some way (either via switching between two settings or using the pedal itself). All this works, but I'm kinda hoping it would come as a built in feature ;)

I've been following this discussion (and similar ones earlier). I'm no coder but by buying into an Axe or a Kemper, I buy into a tech product that I like to think has something going for it in the years ahead. That's why I think it's important to debunk myths about the Kemper being technologically inferior to the Axe. It ceartainly doesn't sound like it's inferior, but it's good to know that there's enough stuff under the hood to keep it going for years.

But there are differences both between the technology in the boxes and in how to approach creating sounds. I'm sure there are elements of taste and preference here, but at the moment I'm able to coach far better sounds from the Kemper than the Axe. To my ears (and I've really, really been testing, comparing amps, the Kemper and the Axe, throwing sounds at fellow musicians with good ears) it's not only about finding the right combo of amp and cabinet etc, at the moment I'm hearing more complex details in how the Kemper reproduces overdrive and responds to the guitar. I'm even having more success changing the cabs around on the Kemper than on the Axe, despite one of the other myths being thrown around has to do with the Amp/Cab solution being better in the Axe. Also, the different parameters both in the eq and the amp and speaker stack really work, and they can do wonderful stuff to the sound. Again, in some discussions the flexibility of the Kemper is questioned, you're locked to one sound per profile etc, but it's simply not true. It's just as flexible as the Axe, but it takes a different approach. The exception when it comes to flexibility would be the effects and routing, which are in a different league in the Axe. That said, the Kemper's effects are good (I even like the Rotary better in the Kemper), but in the fx & midi/control department is where I'd like to see updates in the future ;)

Anyway, thanks for clearing things up in a tidy and respectful way, CK.

Ok, so by copying your settings, it worked. I'd be glad if you explained it to me briefly, so that I know what I'm doing.

There are two places in the preset window of the FCBunoControlcenter where you can assign cc numbers for the expression pedals, when you use it in stomp box mode, as we do. One is per preset, that is when you press one of the bottom five buttons, you can fill in a different cc number for the pedals for each button. The second is when you push the stomp box buttons on the top row; here you can also fill inn a cc number for each pedal. My first question is:

1. This confuses me, as there are two different places to enter cc numbers for the same pedals. What is the relationship between these different settings?

What did the trick for me, was to push each stomp box button, that is each of the upper five, and enter the correct cc numbers for the pedals there (for me this is cc 68 for pedal a and cc 1 for b, the opposite of you). In addition, I did not tick of the checkboxes in the Expression Pedals section, but ticked it twice so that I got a dash (-) showing instead of a "v," just like your setup. My last question:

2. Why the dash instead of the v?

I'm sure this is in a manual somewhere...

Thanks ever so much, Ingolf, you're being very helpful here!