Posts by Boanerges

By "downloading" I mean that I program via the software you recommend, lg-FCB, and then send it to the FCB :)

I know that the pedal functions is is assigned per rig, so I'm covered there ;)

It seems that the problem is that I can't make the FCB's expression pedals control anything else but cc 1 and 7. Can I have made a global choice somewhere, that overrides everything else, so that when I try to change the cc-numbers for the expression pedals per patch, it won't work?

You cannot control delay level by using the pedal jacks in the KPA's output, you can only control it by sending a midi CC.
    The pedal in your FCB needs to send CC # 68, if it doesn't work please do a calibration as described in the FCB's manual.

I control delay mix in all my patches with the FCB pedal.

Thanks, but
    1. on System> page 4, you can assign either pedal to "delay mix." What does this do, then?

2. I've calibrated the pedals, done it again, assigned the right cc number, but it only works as a volume pedal, no matter how much I download a new cc-number to it.

Must I do something else in the Rig menu, where I've set the range to -1,3 as I used the volume pedal as a solo boost? I've also ticked the "Lock vol. pedal" checkbox.

[list=1[*]hi boanerges sounds brilliant. i do the same. [*]KPA > effect-loop of amps > 1x12 or 4x12[*]DI > FOH :thumbup: [*]a 200-s]eater, that's the real thing, not the stadiums[*]any link to your music/band??[*]cheers!
    [/list]

Sure, real deal ;) No recordings with this band (tons with others, no Kemper clips yet), but somebody put up a couple of phone clips on youtube ;) Not the Kemper, though, but the Axe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmPgqDp8JVU

Here's a clip of the Kemper profile I landed on for the same gig, compared with the one I've used on the Axe. Made it just to listen back trough different speakers for comparison, helps me to listen and adjust. Kemper first:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ct2j…exi%20axev10%20kemper.aif

at a small club (200 seats) where I have a weekly gig with a rock band. I really have to say that this thing smokes! I've been using a similar high-end product the last few years, but being able to bring with me the dna of a 1967 Plexi rig with Greenbacks is really something different! I've been playing with a Blankenship Variplex (that i intend to profile the hell out of) with a 4x12 box for years (and owned a '68 Plexi before that), so I know how this beast sounds and reacts (and what it does to the audience's, my bandmate's and my ears). Just by downloading some profiles from the web, I nailed that sound, even improving it, as mic placement etc. can be hell. These were Andy from Amp Factory's profiles, but the free ones worked for me, for some reason.

Hats off to Cristoph, I guess from the track history of the Virus that us gigging and session playing musician can count on this product to be supported, cared for and developed further in the years to come. I'm pretty goddamn exited by the sound of this one, as well as how it feels to play through it. I'm a volume knob rider, and man, that compressor function in the amp stack is just brilliant.

I'm buying a second one with a power amp as soon as it arrives, early May, according to Thomann; one for my studio and one always ready to rock out with a 4x12 for the rock gigs (appearance and some low end thump on stage, DI to the FOH) and my RCF monitor for the not-so-rock gigs ;)

Hello,
    I'm trying to get a pedal to control delay level. Using one of the pedal jacks on the back of the Kemper, I assign the pedal to delay volume, but nothing happens.

The same with my fcb1010/uno; I assign one of the pedals to the cc-number that controls delay level, but the delay does not react to the pedal.

What am I missing? (Everything else works, controlling rotary fast/slow from one of the jacks on the back, and controlling everything else with the uno chipped fcb in stompbox mode.)

Hi

In one of the thousand threads, i think it was a discussion about the foot controller, we have talked about a helpfull solo boost for the KPA. The pure boost is ok but not perfect as a solo boost, because i need a simple booster with dB steps (e.g. +5 to +8dB). CK stated in this thread, there is a possibility to create a booster, which allows to boost in dB steps and which has a mix level for pre and post amp.
    Are there any news about this matter? I think this is a minor thing for the Kemper team which can be easily solved and i'm wondering to get two new updates with great new tools but without any further statement about a simple booster.

Kai

I'm interested in this too. The way I've done it for now, is to sacrifice the volume pedal (which I don't use anyway) and make the heel position a bit lower than the toe position. This way, I'm not sacrificing any of the valuable fx slots. There's no simple way of measuring this in dB, but I'm kinda experimenting my way ahead. I'm used to a +3dB bump using a null filter on my Axe.

In order to get a boost for solos, I typically drink four to five beers. That's the best advice I've got. If it doesn't work for you, just keep adding more until the desired effect is achieved.

Works wonders for soloing, but it's a pain in the ass for driving home after a gig with a lot of lead work.

Instead of wasting space on the Kemper for a boost, I'll grab a taxi. Wonderful solution.

why not use a separate rig for solos. same rig, only a bit louder?

That's what many seem to do, and it might be a good solution for me too. However, I like to have 3dB extra for every patch or profile I use, and it will be a hassle to always have to make a copy, only 3dB up. Not to mention if I do changes (often on the fly) to a patch/profile I will have to update it's louder twin accordingly. Much easier with a general volume boost, imho. On the Axe, I assign a neutral filter at the very end of the chain to a cc and a switch.

In fact, I think most of the effects that I've tested are sounding and working exceptionally well. Take the distortions and boosts. In the Axe, there's this accurate modeling paradigm that focusses on whether or not the drive pedals sound similar to the original. In the Kemper, I'm not sure how TS 808 the green pedals sound, but they sound good, and importantly work tremendously well together with the amp profile, in most cases where it's natural to pair them. I find this very cool and easy to use, and afaik it speaks volumes about the quality of the technology and code behind the amp profiles.

Ok, what kept me from trying the Kemper live was having pitch shifting effects, specifically the whammy. Now that's sorted. Yesterday I went through my favourite presets, cleaned out the leftovers and set the Kemper up with the Uno chipped Behringer board. Now, I'll give the Kemper a few rounds onstage, comparing it to my Axe 2.

A couple of questions:

1) I depend on giving the unit a 3dB boost for solos (and cleaner stuff with the guitar volume rolled off). Are there clever ways of measuring the difference btw e.g. two settings on the volume pedal in dB? Right now, I program the Kemper to start with some volume with the volume pedal in the heel position, and by pushing the pedal to the toe position, it's full volume. But getting the difference btw the two levels correct is a matter of trial and error live. This might be ok, but I'd like to have more control.

2) Are there any clever ways of giving the Kemper a bump for solos, other than assigning a valuable fx slot for a pure boost? I'm using my volume pedal for this, but do you do this?

Thanks!

I'm surely overlooking something here, but I can't find the new effects after updating. Yes, I'm on 1.8.0, and I can import other rigs with pitch fx, and see that there's an fx block called "HARM" when I'm on the rig's front page. But scrolling the FX shows no such thing, or anything resembling pitch...?

Help, anyone?

?(