Posts by TheViking

Cool! What about us guys who already bought the 4 bundle ?

Wow, nice playing Pete, sounds really good!

Will try these profiles tonight, and i'm sure I will give you a donation :D

lucky for me I have the day off today :D :D :D

Absolutely fantastic profiles in this. For the high gain guys, to me, the "angry mushroom" (dual rectifier) is the best Recto profile I think i've heard yet, it screams. Just alittle adjusting via the onboard EQ to suit me, and it is THE recto sound that I was trying to go for. I have only played it through my power amp (VHT 2/90/2) and 4x12 (VHT deliverance 4x12), which make EVERY profile sound amazing, and my headphones, not on an FRFR system yet, but I can tell this will transpose very nicely to a PA, or sit very well in the mix for recording. with my setup, I basically nailed Dunlop petrucci signature pick Nevermore era DHIADW tone. Your mileage may vary, but I am VERY HAPPY! :D

How do you set your monitor out? I use "master left", and cab off.

Eventually everything I post sound clips of get put out there, I just release on my website so I can track how many downloads, etc. I need to do more profiles of the mighty racktifier anyways before I put em together in a group, I like having a fairly decent amount of profiles to put together at a time.

I'm looking forward to this! I sure will send a donation for the racktifier :D

Yeah I know right!

I'm playing only one channel ruffly 470Watt (and the old cab used to be 200watt), so it's got a little headroom. The new cab is 240W (Mesa 4x12)

This clipping have started later at some point.... (or maybe I never tried slapping the low E string around F-F# position :) )

I have of course disconnected my speaker cable when trying to test trigger the clipping. I have tried various line/level attenuator on front of the power amp.
    Right now it is on 0db equal no attenuation, max headroom, right?

I play with MonitorCab Off yes, and i'm pretty sure I get the same peak with Cab on. (I need to test some more after work)
    The clipping occurs with other rigs yes, but all rigs are playable. It's just that the amp clipping seems to not be profile dependent. If I stop playing a few secs, and mute E string with playing hand (frequency open E, F, F#), and slap/play really hard with picking hand, I get this pop, but if I continue, I almost cannot trigger more than the first green light of my amp.
    It's like it cannot seem to adopt/regulate when hitting it hard the first note, then it starts to "regulate", and clipping disappears.

Does the clipping still occur on your favorite rig, when you set Amp Volume to the regular middle position, but bring the power amp's input down to the desired level?

Do you mean turning up the attenuation on the power amp? I have run tests with disconnection speakers, and set stomp/cab/effects volumes to "0" and amp volume to "half way".
    I put the Master output to almost max on the kemper, and turned UP the attenuation of the power amp to the point I got no clipping, when droning the E string. I think I ended up like 19db on the power amp.
    THEN
    I can put the master down to 0.2, and hit the e string hard, I get qucik clip on the power amp, strange right?

I need to do some more testing after work. I hope it is something I have overlooked!

Thanks for trying to help!