Posts by Firebird

My brother's been banging on about these for years for his LP.

He refuses to play anything else. Says the tone is unbeatable.

Those are round core strings and in my opinion those kind of strings are far superior to the hex core string. They sound warmer, bend better and have notable more sustain. And i wouldn't call the difference subtle. The only kind of music that hex core strings are better is metal cause they have more bite and attack.

Hex core strings are easier and cheaper to manufacture, they break a lot rarer during production. Thats why most manufactorers switched to them, anything else they tell you about hex core strings is only marketing.

I really have no clue what UA is thinking by making a unit that can have thousands of presets but you can recall only two without using a smartphone. No midi, no possibility to connect a footswitch with more buttons :wacko:

So yeah, profiling it is the way to go

I just changed the name of my profiler and now the rig manager doesn't synchronize the rigs anymore. The new name of the profiler is displayed in the rig manager, but it says that there are zero profiles on the profiler (which is not the case of course).

Previewing rigs from rig exchange on the profiler works.

I have the latest software versions (both profiler and rig manager) and the USB driver is the correct one. Running on Win10 Pro.

Already tried to unsinstall and reinstall rig manager.

Any idea? Thanks!

I think the screen resolution problem applies to iPads as well, there are almost no models with the same resolution, see this chart here:

https://socialcompare.com/en/c…red-ipad-air-vs-ipad-mini

And with Android, of cause no one would support all old versions, Just develop for the current version. And if poeple have older versions that can not be upgraded they still can get a decent new Android tablet for the fraction of the price of an iPad.

I have problems with noise using the Acoustic Sim. I don't know if it is normal for that type of effect or not. All other effects including OD's are basically noise free for me.

I did a quick test with the acoustic sim and didn't get any noise. However, changing distortion sens from 0 to -12 db improved the sound, it sounds more natural, more open.

Why distortion sens has impact on a clean profile with the acoustic sim? I dont get it...

Hi there,

I am using a very clean profile which has no distortion at all. If i put for example a wah in stomp A I get a lot of distortion. If I put the wah in a post stack slot everything is fine but often times i want to use the wah pre stack, expecially with slightly driven sounds, so this is not the solution.

I tried to lower the output volume of the wah, but that only reduced the overall volume, the distortion is still there. I have the same problem with some other types of effects, like the univibe preset but the distortion is not as prominent as it is with the wah. Tried different wahs too, all with the same result.

Any idea? Thx!

I prefer to have a FRFR monitor wedge in front of me instead of a cabinet in my back. Can the Kone be used in a wedge type of cabinet or does it have to be a classic rectangle kind of cabinet?

I believe the only purpose of the Kone is to get the player a more classic "amp in the room" impression/feeling of the sound. A lot of people complaining about this (not only Kemper players, same goes for Fractal, Line 6 and all others) so I think its a very clever step for a company to adress this issue because for those players it can be a unique selling point.

I believe that because as far as my understanding goes at this point, there is no way to put that sound from the Kone to a FOH or InEar system so only the player himself benfits from it when listening directly to the Kone. And also Kemper mentions things like the radiation patterns, so i think they found out, that part of the problem (or even most of the problem) of the different feeling of FRFR compared to "amp in the house" is that different behaviour of FRFR cabinets compared to guitar speakers. So basically they made a FRFR capable speaker that apart from the frequency response behaves like a typical guitar speaker.

The IRs/Cab profiles is just on top of it i think. Even IRs will sound different on different speakers so I believe that cab profiles are more or less IRs that are highly optimized for the Kone.

Please be aware that this is all speculation on my side.