Profiler Player - Which power supply for a pedal board

• I have a GigRig Generator on an old pedal board. I loved the concept of a modular power supply. However, I felt like I got robbed when I found out how many different distributors and adaptors I needed for my actual board. I should have done more homework I suppose but damn it turned out to be an expensive mistake. The Generator will definitely power the Plater but if you want to power anything other than the just the Player you will need a Distributor or an Isolator as well. Unfortunately, those little plastic solder less clip as pretty shitty and break easily. I've ruined two distributors already and would never use them again. I love Daniel Steinhart and the G2/G3 midi controllers but the power system is a hard no for me.

• I have a GigRig Generator on an old pedal board. I loved the concept of a modular power supply. However, I felt like I got robbed when I found out how many different distributors and adaptors I needed for my actual board. I should have done more homework I suppose but damn it turned out to be an expensive mistake. The Generator will definitely power the Plater but if you want to power anything other than the just the Player you will need a Distributor or an Isolator as well. Unfortunately, those little plastic solder less clip as pretty shitty and break easily. I've ruined two distributors already and would never use them again. I love Daniel Steinhart and the G2/G3 midi controllers but the power system is a hard no for me.

Sorry to hear , I been lucky I guess I'm still using the old one and have completed set spares thinking I was gonna built another board .

• I'm about to get a Ciosk Sol, as that should also work to power the Player + my Shure GLXD16 wireless pedal, and is a heap cheaper than the DC7 + Crux

I would need the Cioks 8800 cable to combine two 9V ports, correct?

• ah crap, yeah. So then I would need 3 of those 8800 cables? 2 cables for the 4 outputs, and 1 cable to combine to other two cables.

Would I still need to set the outputs to 9V then (combined 2,64A) or 12V (combined 2A)

• Yes, you need 3 of the CIOKS 8800 parallel cables.

I don’t think it will matter whether the outputs are 9v or 12v. You’re getting the same ~24 watts either way.

The CIOKS SOL with 3 x 8800 parallel cables should work for you. Your Shure wireless requires 250mA, and should easily power up from the 5th SOL power port.

As I and others have said on this forum, CIOKS gear is absolutely first rate. You should have no problems.

• I got a question: Both the 9V/2A power outlet of the Palmer PWT 06/12 IEC and the 24V DC/2A aux. outlet of the Cioks 7 in combination with the Crux, are not isolated, are they?

I mean for the Palmer it's pretty obvious, the outlet is even labeled as non-isolated. But the website and manuals of the 7 and the Crux do not mention any isolation, at all. And I guess Cioks would mention it, if they could. I would also guess that an isolating transformer for 24W with up to 2A might be a bit bulky. But I'm no expert.

Does someone actually know if Cioks are galvanically isolating the inlet of the 7 and the outlet of the Crux?

• You’ll likely need 4 SOL ports to supply enough wattage. Each is rated 6w and the Player needs 24w.

let me know if this ends up working! Currently have the SOL powering our wee IEM box only now (the player replaced my Darkglass Adam).

• I got a question: Both the 9V/2A power outlet of the Palmer PWT 06/12 IEC and the 24V DC/2A aux. outlet of the Cioks 7 in combination with the Crux, are not isolated, are they?

I mean for the Palmer it's pretty obvious, the outlet is even labeled as non-isolated. But the website and manuals of the 7 and the Crux do not mention any isolation, at all. And I guess Cioks would mention it, if they could. I would also guess that an isolating transformer for 24W with up to 2A might be a bit bulky. But I'm no expert.

Does someone actually know if Cioks are galvanically isolating the inlet of the 7 and the outlet of the Crux?

That's my question as well. Can I use the 9V/2A non isolated on the Palmer PWT IEC to power the Kemper Player. I know others mention 20W, but I feel that 18W would be enough, but I'm not sure about the non isolated part...

• That's my question as well. Can I use the 9V/2A non isolated on the Palmer PWT IEC to power the Kemper Player. I know others mention 20W, but I feel that 18W would be enough, but I'm not sure about the non isolated part...

Yes, i phoned with Kemper support a few days ago because i use the new palmer PWT12 and he said they tested it on a non isolated 9V/2A output of a Palmer PWT too and it works. I will use this output too on my board 🤘

• Yes, i phoned with Kemper support a few days ago because i use the new palmer PWT12 and he said they tested it on a non isolated 9V/2A output of a Palmer PWT too and it works. I will use this output too on my board 🤘

Yes, of course you can use a power supply that hasn*t got an isolating tranformer. Question is, if you want to.

• Just measured it today. Max I saw was 820ma during boot. Pic below
    When just playing it was aprox 600ma.

Hello gochiararia,
    But that meassure is only running the Player? You did not meassure while charging an iPad over the Player's USB as it is suggested in the manual?

Would be interesting to see how much it draws then.

Best regards, Bernd

• Update here on my side
    OneSpot CS6 using a doubler on the 500ma -booted 2 times out of 20
    Palmer PWT 6 IEC - only worked if nothing else was plugged. when I plugged the current measurer or anything on the USB of Kemper, it wouldn't boot.
    Mosky ISO 10 - worked flawlessly, even with only one of the high current outputs. See attached of 12V with a doubler show the current measure, I also connected my phone to the Kemper (that added 180ma at 12V), and plugged a Tonex, Mooer Preamp, Walrus Delay and two overdrive pedals in the Mosky ISO 10. Everything worked just fine! That Mosky power supply is only $60 and fully isolated.

• Remember that power is not constant and devices can be sometimes damaged by undercurrent, especially in performance locations. I will never understand why anyone would spend $1000+ on gear and then risk un-warrantable damage by using cheapo under-powered supply systems.