Posts by imall41

Couldn't the Mono or Stereo Loop, with mix set appropriately, be used in this way already? The only hitch is that you have additional FX post-loop, and therefore shared by both rigs

I was thinking of using the (mono) loop for adding external effects to the KPA rig, while using the Alternative Input to introduce an external second rig.
    Thus, two rigs in parallel.
    I can do this now using a mixer. This would just be easier.

I believe it is already in the "Box", just not activated yet. The "Alternative Input", which, right now, is only useable as a stereo loop return, I believe, is eventually meant for mixing a second source with the KPA's output, and if it enters the KPA chain post-amp, then I am set.

I have been trying to get some info on the ,eventual, full function plans for the Alternative Input.

From the Kemper Support site,

"Known Issues:

- New stomp gates are not downward compatible, get replaced by Wah Flanger during downgrade to 1.0.8 Release, but recover when upgrading again
    - Alternative Input only functional for Stereo Loop"

So, if they state "only functional for Stereo Loop", as a Known Issue, does this not imply a secondary function is intended for the Alternative Input, s/a possibly (adding), mixing, a second sound source with a rig, (while simultaneously maintaining full function of the, mono, Loop s/r)?

I am thinking, you could simply plug the direct out(through any pre-amp,or effect, with line level out), into the Alternative Input, thus adding a clean signal that could be mixed with a rig (post amp).
    This would work for me, seeing as the interface of the KPA is not set up to deal with two rig chains, regardless of the DSP capabilities.

wow, Moonstruck is a great piece!
    Just listened twice. Lot of changes in there. I hear Miles, Tony Williams, John McLaughlin, Freddie Hubbard, really took me on a journey there!
    Nice!!!
    Classy stuff, thanks. :thumbup:

i´ve sold 70 effect/pedals. now i´m selling 15 amps and a couple of cabinets. i own 2 kpa´s (black and white)- that´s all i need. last week i was in a bigger musicstore with a friend, who also owns a kpa and it was a new experience for us: there was nothing that we need !!!!

When you buy a KPA, it's like Instant Rehab for G.A.S (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). :thumbup:

can the Kemper really capture the shimmer, jangle, punch and bell-like tones of the classic amps we all love. I have a sense that it is a lot more difficult to successfully profile the complexity and detail of these classic clean tones

Hi Marco(-:
    The Kemper is profiling an amp that is mic'd.
    So if you are happy that you will have a profile that sounds like your favorite amp on a good recording, you will be happy with the KPA.
    But if you want all the "shimmer,jangle,punch and bell like tones", that you get sitting right in front of your amp, then it may fall a little short for you.
    Some people forget to take this into consideration.
    You can also do DI profiles, without the cab, and mic; but then you might want to use these profiles with a power amp, and cab, and now you are back to using an amp, but it's an amp with 1,000 other amps in it.
    Best thing to do is just buy one from a place with a 30day,or so, return policy, and see (hear) for yourself.
    Odds are you won't be sending it back ;)

I suspect that running two rigs simultaneously would take too much computing power for the existing KPA. However, if a mixture of the clean tone is what you're after, then perhaps that might be possible with the existing box - an option that takes the sound minus any OD stomps and gain and blends in at some percentage?

I believe it is already in the "Box", just not activated yet. The "Alternative Input", which, right now, is only useable as a stereo loop return, I believe, is eventually meant for mixing a second source with the KPA's output, and if it enters the KPA chain post-amp, then I am set.

I completely agree, I used a lot Boss units to mix amp and I create a lot of incredible and personal sounds. I believe that KPA with this feature can leave all the users astonished!!

Quote from richaxes

Let me make this clear, if we had the possibility of doing this, the KPA would kick anything and everything out of the game, because just imagine... think about this, Mr. CK! You have a great taste for ideas and surprises

We have all been on a search, and waiting for, that "All in One" piece of gear that will simplify our needs, plus inspire us at the same time.
    For the first time, we are, Oh, so close !
    I remember when I first came home with a GT-8. I was beside myself with excitement, thinking "finally", I can get rid of all those cables, and endless hours of connecting things in different orders.(Disappointed).
    Then, the GT-10, with it's dual chains of up to 12 effects, mixable.(Disappointed).
    The list just keeps going, with the only true satisfaction coming from pedals, and amps, and the endless hours of rig building to make that work.
    Not to mention, the endless quest for pedals, that will make your, 1 or 2 amp(s), sound like 5 or 6 different amps.
    Now, with the KPA, I don't need any overdrive, or distortion pedals anymore. Just pick any one of, hundreds of boutique high gain amps with the click of a footswitch. The only reason I had so many of these pedals, was to combine them in different configs in order to emulate these natural amp sounds.
    Finally, Game Over, for the overdrive/distortion part of the equation.
    The only part of the equation left is mixing/routing/effects, and we are almost there.
    If the" Alternative Input" were functional, I would be 95% there, because that would allow me to mix a second chain of (clean) tones along with a rig.
    Of course, the ideal situation would be to have two mixable chains (rigs), within the KPA, but with a working "Alternative Input" , I could achieve my needs. As it stands now, I would have to buy a second KPA (which, obviously doesn't make sense, as the "Alternative Input" will eventually be activated.) Or, just plug along ,splitting my clean chain off to either another amp, or to a mixer.Either way, I am still so close!
    This is a fun ride for sure.
    As I have said in previous posts, this is the first piece of gear , in over 40yrs of this insanity, that still has me excited about waking up, and plugging in!
    As stated above, the KPA is right on the edge of literally, "kicking anything and everything out of the game".

I've seen some past discussions on the forum about Profile morphing. It seems I'm not the only one interested in dual or multiple sound setups... ;)

I am more than interested in it. Blending dual, parallel tones, is all I have been doing for more than 20 years.
    One tone, through one amp, just ain't happen'n here. :thumbup:

I believe more and more pro musicians are mixing and blending different amps to get their signature sound, just like John Mayer for instance. In future versions of the KPA, I'm sure it could be made possible. Food for thought.

You got my mind working now.
    I am a huge fan of parallel sounds, and effects. I use 2 similarly loaded pedalboards which are connected in parallel. The results of mixing these boards is awe inspiring, to say the least.
    I have owned the Boss GT-10, and Roland's VG-99. Both can mix two complete setups in parallel, but the amp modelling leaves me uninspired, thus, leading to the use of the two pedalboards( into 1, or two amps).
    Enter the KPA, which has replaced my amps, and is on it's way to replacing (most of)my pedalboard.

If the KPA could pull off running two rigs in parallel , this would unequivocally, become the "be all, end all" box for me.
    Until then, it will be one board into the KPA, and the second board into another amp,(or second KPA, when I sell off enough to get it).
    Why? Because , for me, I have to always have (at the very least), a certain level of clean tone mixed in with whatever I am playing, as a tonal reference point for both myself, and the listener.Especially with heavily distorted sounds. Just that hint of clean ,alongside the "chunk", is like lifting that imaginary blanket off the speaker, and the only way I have found to achieve this is with parallel effects/amps.