Posts by imall41

If the next update does not provide serious improvements in the KPA's Noise Reduction and Digital aliasing problems and overall usability, I will likely be selling my unit.

Quote from Radley

Please understand no ultimatum or deadline was given to anyone but myself.

Quote from Merriam Webster

ul·ti·ma·tum noun \ˌəl-tə-ˈmā-təm, -ˈmä-\
    plural ul·ti·ma·tums or ul·ti·ma·ta

Definition of ULTIMATUM

: a final proposition, condition, or demand; especially : one whose rejection will end negotiations and cause a resort to force or other direct action.

[Blocked Image: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/images/smilies/idn_smilie.gif][Blocked Image: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/images/smilies/facepalm.gif]

To all the others: Improvement takes time. Not because it's hard, but because we simply allow some weeks to test a new software, even before we make it a public beta. Please do not force us to release software, that was tested too quickly.

Thanks
    CK

My KPA isn't going anywhere.
    Whenever you feel an update is ready (and not before), we will be here.
    You can't buy mine back for twice the price. ;)

I see things a little differently.

If you go to the Kemper website to see if you want to purchase a KPA , and you even download the manuals,
    you read that you will have all that we have now, plus, the missing, "undo/redo, and Perform mode".
    Nothing is said about an editor or librarian, or missing effects.
    So I do not understand why these advertised features are not a high priority.

If Undo/Redo, and Perform mode were available now, I don't believe this uproar about an editor/librarian would be as widespread as
    it has become.
    I understand, and agree, why CK seems to prefer using a usb drive, as opposed to pc/mac direct connection.
    I think this "nips in the bud", a lot of potential problems with user misuse, and abuse, with a direct connection.
    I feel that the interface on the KPA itself, is easy enough to use, that the lack of an editor is in no way a deal breaker,
    and rig management would be much easier with the Perform mode enabled.
    Users here, have already figured out ways to organize their rigs, using things like Total Commander, and a blank backup file
    to load selected rigs.
    Add to this, the eventual proprietary foot controller (or controller of your choice, now),
    and this machine (when complete as advertised) is just fine!!!
    So, from my point of view, the Perform, and Undo/Redo features, could be seen as the highest priority, so as to complete
    this unit "as advertised".
    I fully acknowledge that we are in the early stages of development, with the KPA,
    and I am not implying that these missing features are either delinquent in their implementation, or need to appear tomorrow.
    Only that I disagree with them not being seen as a high priority, as stated by CK.
    I feel the primary obligation of kemper, is to, first, complete their product as they brilliantly designed it, and I think people would quickly see how important these two features are to the brilliance of the design.
    I personally love the idea of not being dependant on a pc/mac, to use my music gear,(except for downloading updates/rigs), and I
    think the Kemper team has achieved this with the KPA, when complete as designed.

As has been said here already, the main thing is
    this KPA delivers 100% in it's primary function. No one can contest that.

Thanks again Kemper.

Sounds like I'm going to be traveling light and simple

The "traveling light" factor, was my biggest incentive in getting a KPA.

At first, I figured to bring along a small pedalboard, to add certain sounds to the KPA's tonal palette, but now don't feel the need.
    This is the first piece of gear that has maintained that "Wow factor" on a daily basis.

Yes, as with you, I see a sell off of some (no longer needed) gear, in the near future.
    Plus, I have completely lost the desire to seek out the "next best" piece of gear.
    I feel like I am home now.

Welcome home djazz :)

Congrats Kemper!
    The more members, the better for us all.

Didn't CK say, with every 1000 members there would be a FW treat :rolleyes:
    (kidding- but hoping)

Won't be long before this magic box reaches critical mass in the guitar community, as more realize, and become aware, of the sounds that live inside. Plus, ease of use.

You are 100% correct with what you wrote above.

I have never owned a device that has made me so satisfied, and so frustrated, at the same time.

Yes, we would all benefit from an increased user base.

Just look at the forum membership. There are only 966 members, of which, half have never even posted here.

Guitarists, like me, come here before they buy, to get a feel for what they are in for.

I am older, and more patient than most, but if I was 20yrs younger, I would spend about 10 minutes reading about the issues discussed on this forum, and look for a different unit.

I am all in on the KPA, but I sure would like to have a lot more users, along with me for the ride, and I don't see that happening without an easier way to handle all the profiles*, faster boot time, and full midi control.( plus other issues).

Edit,
    *(I am not referring to editor/ librarian. I mean a better filing system on the KPA itself, s/a Perform Mode.)
    (I understand, the editor/ librarian, will take time to emerge, as will a foot controller.)

fair enough Andy, laudable and generous sentiments, and your work is gratefully received believe me

i hope when your next efforts are unveiled that the community donations can help more with covering some of the costs, cos as some chap once said, money can't buy me love, but it can be very helpful with many other things!

+1000
    Couldn't have said it better, and yes, Andy, you are certainly "paying it forward", to the guitar community, Kudos brother!!!

imall41,

well put! Another option I found today and was also posted on the forum by another forum member is the Gordius Little Giant family of MIDI foot controllers. They can send any length and costruct of MIDI string so NRPN is no problem.

I am glad to hear CK is willing to help others interface MIDI pedals and hope we get a document soon! Even if its a working document

Thanks, again bd,

I have been aware of the Gordius line for some time, and the apparent fact that it will send a midi string is great news, but the Soft Step is still more appealing to me, mostly because I would not need any additional foot pedals, plus size, and weight, as previously mentioned.
    Even with having to purchase the Event Processor, and the Midi Expander, for the Soft Step, the cost is approx $300 less than the Gordius.

Well, It's a work in progress, and I always learn a lot along the way(-:
    No such thing as problems, only solutions :thumbup: .

NRPN is just a protocol that uses normal MIDI CCs. The controllers 98,99,100,101 plus 6 and 38 are used for it. If your board can send more than 4 controllers sametime, you can control the parameters.
    Timo

Timo, how's the NRPN document coming along? And thanks for clarifying that NRPN is just 4 to 6 CC commands in series. Most of the MIDI floorboards I have researched are not flexible enough to send that many CC's or can't embed the data in the correct CC sequence. If you know of a unit that can do this, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

bd

Quoted from CK, in this thread.

Wednesday, May 2nd 2012, 7:18pm

"You might have overlooked that we have a midi implemenation for pedals already.

And you are right, we invite everybody to use the pedal that fits the best, especially if other equipment is to be controlled aside from the KPA. Many users do that already.

I don't see remote pedals as our core business, this is why we want to keep it small, simple proprietary, thus affordable. Saying that, we have no initial plans to support programming of generic midi messages for other devices, as that is the focus of the great generic pedals.

It would be great if some other companies that focus on remote pedals would make a pedal fit for digital amps with bidirectional communication, to show proprietary display contents such as tuner or rig name.
    I guess some amp companies would collaborate.
    If that was the case I would probably step back from making our own pedal, cause there is more to do.

But I have got no call from another company.
    I wonder why nobody has started a business for a next generation remote pedals yet. It's not rocket sience.

CK"

So, if CK is in favor of us searching out other foot controllers, in order to free him up to concentrate on the KPA itself, then we need the full documentation of NRPN #'s and their corresponding parameters so we can make full use of our foot controller of choice, Yes?
    Plus, maybe I misunderstood some other posts by CK, but I am not sure that the Kemper Floorboard will give us programmable control of all parameters, so the only way to achieve this may be what we are discussing here.

I don't know. I am feeling my way on this.

I understand, if there are additional effects coming up, and they don't want to release this document, until all the assignments are finalized.
    I also understand, if they don't want to answer my questions yet, so as to not give anything away, that may be coming.

I am in no desperate hurry for a foot controller, so if the Kemper Floorboard will allow me to program, foot controlled, effect parameter changes, I may just wait, but if not, then I would like to get a foot controller + the Event Processor.

So, maybe someone could just answer that last question. Will the proposed Kemper Floorboard be able to do what we are discussing here?

Please forgive my non-technical language, and thank you, in advance to anyone who gets what I am saying here.