Posts by waraba

Hello David , this is a brilliant work you've done, I've listened the whole album twice and really dig the fusion tone and impressive dexterity you show. That thinline looks like a joy to play isn't it ??

The production sounds very pro to me with lots of room & space. There is a great diversity in guitar tones , i liked most of them it's not that usual to hear this Holdsworth kind of tone so well crafted played and recorded ( wow so many solos).

The first title reminds me a James Bond like theme , would be great on a movie's main title.

Only drawback is the lack of a singer on a few titles ( A Ronny James Dio like singer would have been great).

Keep it up with these great recording.

Renaud.

Too bad you removed the link Lance, I only had the chance to listen to it once before going to a kemper less vacation :( As far as I remember I loved it , super fluid P90 tone.

There is a bit of lack of feedback regarding solo recordings on this forum , this is a bit sad for all the great artists that put all this positive energy & heart into their recordings , a little comment (as well as constructive critics ) are always heart warming for creators.

I hope you get these links back , I have to buy this EP for further listening :)

Renaud.

A really Serious & pro pack , very tied to the studio owner way of working. I took the time to test the Fender D'luxe and The 59' bassman with great results , I had to tweak extensively and try several cabs ( 2x10 open , closed ...) to fit different guitars & styles , but it's really worth it, I could save 3 great rigs for strat , tele & Jazz box out of it.

Thnaks to FP & kemper Team for providing the pack :)

Is The Sunn a bass amp ?

Yes the morgan is a killer one, such as the cream JTA 45(old one = CREAM-JTA-45 ) by Geraldo , cleans up sooo well and a great workhorse that fits almost all styles.

Also have a look at my JTM30 if you like twang ( Marshall jtm 30 2x10 WarabA check the link in my sign. ) : one profile for Les Paul & one for single coils, very versatile, the gain course is also great ( much better than the original amp !!).

Ecoute un peu mes compos sur soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/waraba/charibde-scylla , celle là c'est du 100% JTM maison , du clean cristallin à l'OD bien gras :P

R.

Thx for your comments on my tone Diego ! This was my 1st actual recording of this Box . I went to several rigs and finally nailed a good tone out of DrZ28 amps and also D'lux cactus ( a factory rig ) with some tweaks ( Freq shifting on cab ) , I did swap the cabs to some very good fans and 2x10 open cabs as far as I remember. That beast is huge but the neck is really good, I like the challenge of making a good tone out of it ( mostly fender amps ) I have to try the goldie and other really vintage amps.

I almost never use compression , I guess this rich sound comes out of the wood actually.

Hi Diego, I just recorded a demo out of DrZ28 amp with a L5 copy ( 80's Washburn JS6 ) it's quite difficult not to sound boomy on those Hollowbodies, much richer than the average solid bodies ....

There is no compensation on the bridge like on the variax so I cannot achieve Ted Nugent overdrive yet because of the incorrect intonation between the headstock and middle of the neck !!

I got a long way to match your clean & jazzy playing :D really cool demo, thx Did you play it without pick ?

Hi folks

I recorded a demo from these rigs, they sound very good with a strat and also on my Jazzbox, which is really difficult to match regarding amps.

https://soundcloud.com/waraba/jazzbox-vs-drz Sorry for the poor EQ-ing it's rather a raw mix but I don't know how to record jazzboxes right at the moment :huh:

Thanks for this rig pack, essentialy low gain & sparkle , really dig it :)

Another method : Press soft button 'store snapshot' on the context sensitive button (above upper right corner of the screen )

Then press quick & use the browser to quickly select your snapshot presets.

This great tool only works if the right system menu flag is activated ( systems menu, quick function ...)