Posts by waraba

Hi , you'll find lots of rigs & profiles suitable for those tones, you 1st need to get the right guitar ( low output 335, LesPaul, P90, strat ...) , and probably roll off both vol & tone on guitars.

Regarding the amps check the 60/70's amps JTM 45 , fender bassman , supros, goldie ...

Lots of modern vintage will also do it : Cornell Romany Plus on the rig ex. for instance, typical vintage vibe with lots of character. Adjust CAB, EQ & Verb to sound vintage and you're done.

Have fun !

Edit : I also forgot a special vintage rig pack You'll find tons of good vintage tones in this one , must try :D

no offence, but boominess often is caused by having the monitors stand directly on a hard surface (no isolation pads), by the placement of (rear ported) speakers too close to a wall or much worse, a corner, or by the room itself (standing waves, no bass traps)

Not sure about this , other guitars never get boomy and this Washburn sounds also boomy on my real JTM30 tube amp , I suspect the setup of my pickups or the PU themselves as well as the huge body of the JS6. However this is easily adjusted with swapping cabs & Freq Sh. On the other side those Jazzbox rigs sound very thin on other guitars.

Hi ! This is not my cup of tea but I appreciate the real drums much more than on previous versions what a change !

Is it me or the sonical chaos @ 7:20 is really intended ? 2 distinct harmonies that do not match , this is harsh to my ears :pinch:

R

Yes ! I had to take a little time to adjust clean rigs of vintage and modern vintage amps : Dr Z 28 (Rig ex) and D'lux cactus (Factory rigs) , most rigs sound boomy without tweaking on my monitors.

Here is a demo with an archtop (clean ) on the right (Left is a strat on rotovibe)

It's better if you tweak your own rigs but if you are in trouble I'll send you mines. Adjust EQ , try with different cabs and also adjust Freq shifting for lows and highs in the CAB menu.

Enjoy !

gianfranco : I aimed for the warmest rig of my personal collection cause I like warm round basses with soft attack. I also must admit that my monitoring system is not good/large enough to render good basses , so as I know my boogie to have very good and buzzless basses it was a foolproof solution for me.

I would be cool if someone interested and equipped with a real FR studio system would be king enough to make some bass rigs suited for being played on Single Coil guitars ...

Any volunteer ?

Arg one of my gain leds died X(

I wish there was a list of official certified Kemper repair center in order not to get your precious sent away for weeks, like you can find for Hammond , Roland ...

At least one in each major European / American country would be great.

Any chance we can see them in a near future ??

Dear CK & team , here is my Christmas list :

A functional librarian in order to explore / sort / edit the name of the rigs / listen all the good stuff I got on my KPA but eventually gets lost
    A looper so I can do jazzbox solos on a Jingle bells loop under my Xmas tree
    A basket full of goodies , new FXs, new rig packs new firmware

I wish you a merry Xmas

Wow great choir , very relaxing :)

I remember having one of these cute round black cricket showing up in my house this summer while i was running my KPA on my huge Dakota bass amp : he was standing 1 meter away from the front of the amp while I was playing , putting a huge smile on my face. The little one was probably attracted by the large amount of basses and vibrations. He showed up several times , so I gigged for him each time - absolutely loved it in every way :D

Yeah 'paper ' bass is still better than a midi bass , I plan to buy a real precision bass like a squier for this purpose and also for Jams when friends come at home. I will check my bass rigs tonite and send them to you.

I also agree with moving to another song if this process is too long : while you're spending lots of time to make it sound good you'll probably have written another song from scratch.

I have not tried Jamstix for now, but the demo sound very realistic on their website. I have a similar system on my computer, it's great for jamming / writing demos.

See you & enjoy . I see recording music as a big fun and creative activity , if it gets boring I often give up and start a new track.

R

Hi Geraldo, I've to listen again to the guitar parts to help you but anyway here are some more hints :

You should give up with the midi bass and grab a single coil guitar ,as a guitarist you can easily play this instrument that has 2 strings less , the opposite is not true :D . I'm not a bassist but I often add very simple bassline played on my strat or tele with a fender profile. I can send you a bass rig if needed. Here is my method : dial up a clean profile set the harmonizer to -12 or -1 octave ( harmonizers tracks better than the transpose for me ) EQ the highs down and actually play those bass parts and feel like Jaco Pastorius ( I play those parts without pick, try to play fewer notes than on guitar and give some groove ).

Lsiten to these bassline examples , much more musical & fun to play to me than a midi bass and took like 5 minutes to record ( https://soundcloud.com/waraba/jazzbox-vs-drz & https://soundcloud.com/waraba/sitar-hero-v2 )

Regarding the double tracking I prefer playing another track instead of simply pasting & reamping a single track , it sounds more musical to me. About the sound it's better if the 2 tracks have really different tones ( Les Paul + strat , Jazzbox + tele ) It's mainly a matter of 'contrast' , pan & EQ , the objective is to hear like 2 different guitarists like you can hear them on a stage. Rigs can be the same or not, the guitar will make the differences.

You should wait for your keyboardist , he will arrange the whole song and new ideas will show up as the track gets more elaborate since you'll have more harmonies to stand on.

Remember to leave some room for the singer and you solos.

I agree with Jamstix , it will feel and sound more realistic if you use it on your track.

Yeah cool track , really dig the clean part and the end solo, sounds very full. The intro & theme chords lack a bit of palm muting attack to me ( si je puis me permettre hein !! )

thx for sharing

Hi Geraldo , thx for sharing ! the main vintage classic rock riff sounds great to me.

Allow me some hints : this is a personal point of view you may not agree at all since I'm not sure about your intentions here.

The snare is too bright for me ( it's a matter of taste I know !) I would have chosen a mellower one and a different verb.

The bassline is too much in the background.

You should redo the double track with different guitar or tone in order to get the left one more clean & brilliant ( a strat or tele with a crunch tone). Or better Double track the main riff on both L/R sides and add some cleaner chords fills ( center or extreme L/R )

You should add some background fills ( Hammond or organic bass synth line ). I did several tracks with a 35€ monotron that sounds very rich regarding the sound textures. This is great addition to ambiance and chordal/melodic foundation. Vst synths are OK for this purpose.

Add a solo with a more beefier tone and some FXs like delay to make a fresh sounding part somewhere in you track.

Keep it up with recording this is a great experience !

Renaud.