Posts by Charvelguy

In the days I thought I could here a big difference between two 12AX7's, between guitarcables, between a lot of bla bla bla, I used Ernie Ball Super Slinky's exclusively. Now I use one of the cheapest strings available: from supermarket Lidl: 5 sets for € 5,99. Each set contains an extra D. A few years back I had the same discussion on another forum which resulted in a small test: Dean Markley strings versus Lidl strings - both on the same guitar, a fresh and new set of strings.
    You can listen to it on Soundcloud. 0.00 - 1.00 = Brand A; 1.11 - 2.05 = Brand B. Can you tell which one is which?
    Check:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm guessing "B" is the Markley.

All of the OP's sound files/clips are no longer found. So, if you happen upon this thread and didn't try to listen to them right away as I did. Just wanted to give a heads up. The matter certainly didn't seem to get resolution so I would think if others happen to experience this issue, you should consider starting your own new thread and a maybe open a support ticket.

I was shopping strings last night and noticed they now have GHS boomers in a thin core set. Supposedly these are easier to bend than regular core strings. So if you are looking for something with a lighter feel/touch, you might want to consider trying them.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Virgin KIller has been spinning in my car for a couple weeks now. This cut has such killer heavy strat tones. Uli's playing on this album is simply setting a standard of greatness.

Raoul, it's fantastic to hear that I'm not alone on this rust issue. All the vendors I've asked say it never happens, but the ONLY time I bought Slinkys (half a dozen packs), every single one contained strings with "segments" of black rust on 'em. Some top-E strings actually broke when I clamped 'em down (gently) in locking tuners. Not good, but I decided to persist, assuming I must've been super-unlucky.

Interestingly, I've never bought any other non-sealed string brand and experienced this, and yet the first time I buy a sealed packet... go figure.

I got to try 2 sets of 10s, Grant, and you've described my experience perfectly ~ tough on the fingers, stiff-feeling and awesome-sounding.

Crap, I have a bunch of Slinky's sets. I bought a bunch of bulk strings over 5 years ago that I just stumbled on when I moved. Fortunately they were not rusted. I tend to like using a custom gauged set but I often have to buy strings individually in bulk. I do use packaged sets too. I didnt think that Slinky's would rust in a package.

Will we be dead and buried before the supposed new reverbs surface???

Some of us Might Be :thumbup:

I try not to think of myself as old at 55, but hey, ya never know when your time might come. Heck, Vinnie Paul was 54 when he passed. Gotta be grateful for things we sometimes take for granted.. like every day.

Ha, I agree with the setup taking some effort. I play using the 4 cable method, but I’ve got a large pedalboard and I play front of house in stereo so I’ve got at least 7 instrument cables. I have recently tried out the Boss Katana Air, which uses a wireless transmitter and there is ZERO latency - it’s remarkable! Boss just came out with a wireless transmitter and receiver, too, which already eliminates 1 cable. I think one day it can all be wireless, but I would settle for less cables at this point.

Also, I believe wireless electrical power can also be a thing one day... I think Tesla (the scientist) had actually demonstrated it, but the tech was never developed (publicly/officially).

Tesla did develop this concept. There is a cable TV show called the Tesla Files where they recreated Tesla's experiment of wireless power.

Dunlap Ultex 1.0 (heavy) I like the tone and they feel comfortable.
    was using Jazz III's for years but overall, I like a bigger pick.

Dunlap is now making the Ultex 1.0 in a "sharp" profile. It has a tip like the Jazz III but still is a regular pick shape like the above mentioned Ultex.
    I just started getting into those, not sure just yet how I like them.

I used the purple and blue Tortex too before I settled in on the Ultex.

I'm gonna have to try the John Petrucci Flow pick though.

Sounds like this pedal could manage to cop the Dimension D effect.

External Content www.youtube.com