Posts by Charvelguy

Welcome, perfect weekend to get cozy with your new Kemper (winter storm, 12"+ of snow, 40 mph winds...Kill me now!).

If I wasn't spending a good deal of time snowblowing, shoveling and roof raking. I can hardly wait for winter to end!

Plus, I got to do my taxes yet. Hopefully, I'll get some Kemper time in.

I think Soapmak3rs viewpoints come from someone who has invested plenty into the Kemper but obviously, same as myself, have little invested into the forum as some of you users do. I see his viewpoints as simply being honest and defending a standpoint of opinion that an editor would be very useful, not only for him for him but for many users. Whether or not his views have validity to those who read this thread varies greatly from user to user, hence, YMMV.

Is it potentially inflammatory to bash? yeah, that will likely be an unpopular standpoint, but again, from my perspective, he doesn't have alot invested into a presence here, but does have a significant amount invested into a product that all is being asked for is support and development of a feature that's a reasonable request, from many users, for many years.
    Simply, one who has little invested into the forum is going to point out, "why is that?" Is it a viewpoint of the minority or the majority. Soapmak3rs viewpoint was that it was a viewpoint of the majority...on facebook.

And, the others who do have a good deal of time and viewpoints supporting the product, stand on its own merit as it is.
    Many of you who have been here and have time invested into this forum, have overcome and come to reason with the lack of an editor or X, and you're ok with that. You certainly are entitled to your own opinions as well.

Anyways, I'm not going to go down this rabbit hole anymore as I'll be rambling fuel to the fire.
    Being a new user, I can relate to Soapmak3rs viewpoints.
    Is the lack of an editor going to stop me from enjoying and using the Kemper? Hopefully not.

It would be great to have an editor. I also would really appreciate one. When I first plugged in my Kemper a couple months ago, and downloaded rig manager, I definitely thought, "this is it?" I did some due diligence in researching the product before purchasing it but, still... I had no inclination as to what the software for it would look like or how it would function until purchasing a Kemper and downloading rig manager.

I am not unsatisfied overall. I think Soapmak3r has some valid points and I welcome his viewpoints and certainly feel he has a right to express them.

Not to stir the pot even more, but I recently purchased a Helix as well. My initial thought upon plugging it in a trying it out for the first time was "this could really benefit from a touchscreen to edit" Now I'm thinking, maybe return and purchase a Headrush,
    but...and there is a but, I wouldn't be able to use a Variax or mic.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is despite all these wonderful units of technology....no one unit is going to have everything we want and we have to work with what is offered or decide which best suits ones overall needs.

There is no unit like the Kemper, but I think the points being made and voiced it that, it certainly could have room to improve upon what is being offered if that is not overstating the obvious. Its the whole purpose for this topic "feature requests" to be allowed to voice ones opinion on such things.

Thanks fellow Kemper owners!

I got more intrigued with purchasing a Kemper via a couple of sources.
    One was seeing a fellow local guitarist, Todd Duane, using his live with his band Vinyl Society. (I haven't seen them out live for years so they may be defunct)

The other was during the summer of 2017, I went to see Hall and Oates. Tears for Fears opened.
    Both guitarists for Tears for Fears were using Kempers and their sound thru the FOH was great.
    That really sold me on finally purchasing one.

When a demo Powerhead w foot controller popped up at Sweetwater, I took the plunge.

Hey,

I signed up on this forum years ago when I had an interest in buying a Kemper and to check out the community.
    I bought a Powerhead with the remote and a Mission Control expression pedal a couple months ago but have been working and moving/ getting settled into a new house. Haven't had much of a chance to really get some serious honeymoon time with the Kemper beyond some initial "check to make sure it all works"

Looking forward to getting to know users and profilers here and picking up what I can when I can from users and their setups on the forum.

I was in a similar situation a couple months ago. I went with a powerhead with remote even though I own a Freyette Power Station. I wanted to have the flexibility of not having to carry a power amp and be able to play thru any available cab if need be.
    In just want to add I bought mine as a demo from Sweetwater. My demo was like new. Still had the plastic on the displays, arrived in factory boxes. Demos from Sweetwater are reduced in price by 10%. They're having a demo sale at this moment. Might be worth looking into to save a few bucks in case one pops up. Put it in a wishlist and they usually will notify you if one comes available if they don't have one in stock already. Just thought I'd mention it as an option.

I'm new to Kemper ownership myself. Recently bought a powerhead with remote few weeks ago. This is my first post.

My impression is the hardware loads like my macbook from 2010.(with a ssd) I was much like you, debating on pulling the trigger or wondering if a new version would be released soon and waiting it out to see. I've wanted a kemper for years and they rarely come up for sale in the powerhead w remote configuration. When a demo at Sweetwater came up for sale at 10% off the retail price. I decided to go for it. I don't regret my decision, but I do question whether the hardware is worth the asking price as it is dated.

I think the trade off is worth it at present. The kemper is unique in what it does and offers.(and I own a bunch of tube amps to profile)
    I imagine support will continue for this version if a new one is released. With the updates and free rig packages being offered, I think you still get a decent value in trade yet still even if the features and hardware are dated.