Posts by endlessnameless

Rob,

Great post. You have really got me thinking about using MIDI and performance mode to make things easier. Which got me thinking onto not just live but recording applications.

You see I record songs and sketch them out on guitar. Sometimes I don't go back to a song for weeks. Then when I want to re-record parts, or add extra bits I find it a struggle to re-create the same sounds.

Therefore I am thinking. Having a different performance for each song and naming it with the song name allows me to sculpt up to five sounds for each song and save them there and then. When I return to the recording I can instantly recall the sound of the solo etc not just with the internal kemper fx but also with my MIDI delay/modulation unit controlled by program changes.

Not sure why I did not think of this before. But it seems obvious now!

Mark

I have the same issue from purchase - it is beneath the screen protector and is like small concentric rings like a fingerprint. Looks like a little dark blob when the screen is off. I thought it may have been condensation at first but I think it is a flaw with some LCD screens where the layers touch each other near the centre. I am thinking of sending mine in for repair. Not sure if this is a widespread issue??

Leading on from this - is it possible to have only the post stomps affected by changes in performance mode? So if I locked the distortion section and just wanted my 5 slots to be different mod/reverb delay settings (using the loop and midi control) to my damage control glass nexus - is that realistic?

I have a Saffire Pro DSP which is a good interface. However, I do find that the TC electronic preamps on my desktop Konnekt 6 sound much warmer and more 3D for guitar. I also find the saffire mix interface unnecessarily confusing and the gain is pretty unevenly bunched when trying to set levels. I think a lot of the TC interfaces have been discontinued but you may be able to pick a bargain up. I hear the Impact Twin is very good and it has SPDIF and DSP fx. I love the desktop Konnekt 6, no spdif but it has huge input meters and it has a simple interface, dsp reverbs and a great sound.

p.s - the tc interfaces are all firewire which may be a dealbreaker.

Sorry to hear some of you have been subject to some insults from other members. I must say apart from the heated thread about the remote not being stocked elsewhere I have not seen much of this behaviour here.

The tax rate for the average American is over 43% (federal, state, sales, social security, medicare, property, luxury, fuel, etc) and yet on top of that I pay about another $14,000 out-of-pocket per year on health care related costs (insurance, flex, co-pays, drugs) for a family of 3 which is about 25% of my after tax income. Need I say: OUCH

I would drop to my knees and praise jesus if America had to pay Canadian imports and taxes and yet I didn't have to worry if I could afford an operation next year.

If anyone wants to sponsor my Canadian citizenship and has an affordable cottage on Elizabeth Island, please feel free to contact me, lol!

I was always under the impression the US system was based on 'low taxes, low welfare'. The picture you are painting is 'high tax, low welfare'. Which surprises me.

For all those unhappy US customers (and trying to look on the bright side rather than start an argument) when you shop in the EU you also get pretty good consumer protection rights. I don't believe the US has an equivalent. Kemper appear to have a great warranty anyway. And I know many US stores probably have good policies to back that up. But when you have extra statutory (legal) rights baked into law (that in theory give you up to 6 years for any inherent defects) when buying within the EU that is pretty comforting.

This problem is known - or similiar:
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…stomps-new-kemper-rack-o/?
    Thanks that you spotted it:)

Great to see Ckemper (amazing product you have created) so active on the forum. Really gives me faith in the product. Would be great if the new firmware deals with my spaceships issue above. This is related to activity within one profile (turning stomps on and off) rather than changing stomps. It is one thing putting me off buying the remote, as I like to switch stomps on and off quickly live so this issue means I prefer to use Kemper in the studio for now.

my G-lab GSC-2 can do the same...and costs the half ;)
    its very fast with the Kemper...even before some updates did came. I dont use the loops anymore...but i could.
    I swiched my JVM back the time with it with many Pedals, without any quality/sound loss

I was looking at one of these actually to use as a remote alternative with pedals in the loop. I have a reverb pedal I want to switch along with the internal stomps. So you have good experience with this one? Can you change the kemper stomps with it?