Posts by paults

Thanks guys i get it today after read your hints.
    I store the Rigs one for one.
    And today the concert was perfect.
    Sorry my english i am from brazil!!!!

You're welcome! I am happy the concert was perfect today :)

No apology is needed - we can understand you very well!

Thanks! I have a lot of experience with MIDI configuration (since the first year MIDI products were available), and I have had to workaround both Roland's and TC Electronic's assumptions that their respective products should always be the master MIDI hardware. If I post at my current average, it would take me until 2017 to have as many posts as Davide has today :)

I don't remember new rigs with 1.7, but you want to be below 1000 rigs as soon as possible - the 1.8 software has many new FX, and It includes new rigs to demonstrate some of the new FX capabilities.

v1.8 has been in Public Beta for awhile. It will likely be generally released soon.

And, with the FCB-Kemper early demonstration video showing Performance Mode, that version of software may be released soon, too.

It is on Page 54 of KPA Manual EN Reference 1 7.pdf :

Volume Pedal condition is set for each rig in the Kemper.

If Volume is set to anything other than OFF, the Kemper rig will change volume if MIDI CC#7 is sent to it.

*** If you do not use a volume pedal in a rig that you use when playing gigs, I suggest setting this to OFF - the volume pedal will have no effect.

*** If you use a volume pedal in any of your live rigs, look at the manual for your MIDI controller.

You need to know what your MIDI controller sends with each MIDI program change.
    Does it send the volume pedal position?
    Does it only send volume pedal position when you move the pedal?
    Is volume pedal assigned for each MIDI progam in the pedal, or is it assigned Globally for All programs?

If it is assigned to one or all programs, but no pedal is connected - does it send CC7 value "O", or "128", or nothing?

And, the same for MIDI CC#1. Wah, Pitch, etc.

The volume issues I've seen mentioned were because MIDI controllers are sending information that was ignored by the Kemper before v1.8

This is not because of a bug, but because the new Kemper features require the user to make sure the MIDI controller is not sending unexpected commands to the configured to send Kemper.

Try the exact same patch change, with the same equipment. Does it do it again?

Is the volume pedal active in both patches in the Kemper?

Check the settings in your MIDI controller.
    Is the volume pedal active in both patches in the controller?

My guess is:
    Your MIDI controller sending a value of "0" for volume at that patch change. If the volume pedal is not active in the controller, or not in the Kemper, moving the pedal would not change the volume.

Touching the knob on the Kemper corrected the problem by overriding the zero volume level MIDI command.

Do you play live? How far away from the speaker cabinet?

Each foot is one millisecond of latency. That's how much latency you are used to hearing.

If you are six feet tall, and you are standing two feet away from a guitar cabinet on the floor, even if it is aimed at your head, you are hearing at least 4.5ms of latency.

Nothing anyone can tell you in a forum will answer this question.

Something about the other product didn't feel right to you. It may have been latency, it may have been a combination of things.

Try a Kemper - that is the only way you will ever know. FWIW - It feels like an amp to me. In headphones, it doesn't feel three feet away. And, I am very sensitive to latency, too.

There are a lot of us here who play covers, amidst other things. And, many former Line 6 users, too, myself included.

You may not need to use Ozone to get a particular sound - you have the advantage of the profiles sounding and feeling like the amps. No "cocked wah" sound to dial out, and no limited dynamic range :) There are plenty of EQ options, as well as being able to change the cabinet. A cabinet change with the Kemper can have a more dramatic effect on a sound than a Line 6 cabinet change.

Rather than making a new profile with Ozone active, you can easily use the EQ matching function to compare the original sound with an existing Kemper rig, and then use one or more instance of the Kemper's Studio EQ to duplicate the EQ curve that is calculated in Ozone.

I wouldn't call it a mistake to look for the effects there. If Kemper would include one FX preset for each Pitch type in the official release, no one would have any trouble finding the Pitch FX.

Never ever sum two outputs of any device with a Y cord..you can damage it

That is true with power amps.

But, line level outputs can be summed to mono with a passive mixer. A "Y" cable is a passive mixer, too.

If you profile a stompbox, the Kemper creates an "amp and cabinet" profile with the sound of the stompbox. It does not create a new stompbox to use with amp profiles.

The 'cabinet' is part of the profile of the amp and cabinet together. It is not a cabinet that was profiled all by itself.