Posts by greenblob

Thanks G. So I placed an order through Kemper yesterday. I see no indication that the remote is out of stock or back ordered. I'm assuming that Kemper has remotes in stock in the US? Your post suggests otherwise.

Any update on your order Block?

I'm in the U.S and my bass player has been hunting for a remote for well over a month. We cant find one anywhere (neither new or used). Nowhere online has them for sale individually, and the official Kemper store is still "out of stock", so would be interested to see how your order went.

GString Any ballpark estimate of when they may be available on the Kemper store again? More or less than 6 months? We are trying to figure out if we should go through the hassle of trying a different controller, or wait it out. Any input appreciated!

Thanks!

Took 2 years to actually be able to get, but Nik Huber Dolphin now has a new buddy.. an Orca 59!

Getting anything this nice in a lefty is a long and slow process, but it rocks! Played 3 shows with it this weekend and ya, it's my new fave. Much gigging to be done on this beauty! :thumbup:

Those zany Germans just keep making the good stuff!

KPA was at rehearsal room when I took these so I pulled out some of my amps that live at home to use as a stand for the pics because, well.. in the few years I've had the Kemper, they just don't get used for much anymore :)

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/XvHBlPh.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/EgkRaMB.jpg]

Pretty sure this sale is no longer valid. No reply from the seller to any of my messages. Admin, can it be removed so were not wasting everyone's time?

The song fell apart last night, so when in doubt..... umm.... free guitar solo! :)

57 RI goldtop (Wolfe Tone Dr Vintage pickups) and Kemper.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

have 2 of them - no drops, but the sender is a bit wiggly and sensitive, especially if you have to switch guitars.Live, I'm using Shure GLXDD6, now - bit more solid and no drops. If faced with an wifi interference (channel overlapping), you can just switch to another channel.

Please be aware - if using 2.4GHz Band in an area with "non-wifi interferers" like Bluetooth, Microwave, motion detectors ... you might suck anyway unless you are eliminating the interferer source.

I was using the Shure GLX-D for about a 6 months and had range problems and dropouts at 50% of shows. This one: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/shure-glx-d-guitar-wireless-system-with-glxd4-wireless-receiver?pfm=item_page.rr1|CategorySiloedViewCP

The GLX-D has a good reputation, so at first I suspected it was my user error of some kind. I tried everything to resolve it but never got it to be reliable (scanning channels every show, new firmware, removing nearby devices, relocated and switched our rack router to 5ghz mode only, repositioned rack, repositioning bodypack, antenna orientation, different stage positions/distances, new body pack cables, , etc, etc,).

Maybe my unit had an issue/fault? I loved the body pack style and battery life, and the inbuilt batter charger on the receiver base station is awesome, but the number of signal drops understandably made it a no-go. I still have it, but it just lives in a dark drawer in the cold & lonely basement now. I don't feel good about selling it in case it does actually have a problem - so I'm stuck with it, and its basically just an expensive paperweight. :(

Bought a much cheaper Line-6 G50 and its been rock solid. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/line-6-relay-g50-digital-wireless-guitar-system Not as nice of a body pack, and the battery life is much less (still get about 4hrs out of a set of rechargeables though), but its been working great the last few months.

Greenblob, for the record, and yes, this is unprecedented, MOTU tweaked its drivers to allow 64 in and out (simultaneous) channels of up to 48kHz / 24bit for its AVB interfaces over USB2.

Good info - thanks @Monkey_Man Thats kind of crazy!
    I'd never actually looked up USB2's "limits" but didn't expect its channel count to be that high tbh. (Honestly, I dont even own enough cables to handle that many channels :P ) .

To stay on topic, besides an even greater channel count, does anyone know any other specific advantages that an audio interface running USB3 or Thunderbolt would bring over a unit running USB2 ? Curious to know.

I'd say RME over anything else. Plays nice with Mac or Windows, and you can use Thunderbolt or Firewire.

Agree. Have used several other interfaces over the years and the RME stuff has become a favorite. At home, I have a little RME Fireface UC and have been very very happy with it (owned it about 5 years now). Have taken that out to live rooms and used it on both Macs and Windows machines, sometimes using loads of channels, and into all kinds of DAW's - and never had a single problem with it. Sounds great, loads of I/O, small and robust.
    Recommended.

Edit: I should add, this is "just" a USB2 connection. Most live transfer stress I've put on it simultaneously is maybe 12 channels in, and 6 or so out continuously (all @ 44k 16bit) and have never run into a single transfer rate issue. USB3 or Thunderbolt obviously allows much great transfer speeds - but realistically the vast majority of audio interface users will never see any benefit from it. If it's there on the Interface, of course I'd use it, but far from a requirement imo. Just my 2 cents :) Hope it helps!

+1

Couldn't wait. A TC Mimiq pedal is in the mail to hopefully beef up some of our live single guitarist acoustic songs. Sucks needing to figure out how to fit and switch a random pedal in the rack and the extra cabling/connections/powersupplies etc is a huge bummer, but excited to have a play with it!

Would dearly love this effect to be inbuilt to the KPA! Please?

This would be very very helpful.

In my scenario I have a wah "locked" in the 4th effect slot so it's available in all performances and slots. I did it this way as manually adding and saving it to each of the 5 slots in my 100+ performances will take literally hours of daft and fiddly repetition. Crazily enough however, it looks like this is currently the only real way to do it.

I was hoping for a better way, and after getting some forum advice (link below) it appeared the only way to do it in a reasonable time frame was to "lock" it as a wah - and doom my single expression pedal to this one function - and one function only. Kind of a crappy and limiting solution imo (would love to use the morph feature for instance - but I'm not buying an lugging around a 2nd expression pedal just so i can use morph on one or two songs!).

https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…%2Bperformance#post327592

As there is no PC editor etc to allow slot changes to multiple profiles/performances at the same time, a simple FW embedded software "Lock Override" feature as you describe would be an amazing help. You could simply lock the change in quickly to effect all the profiles the profiles, then simply removing the lock from the few where you require the different slot functionality.

Would be a life saver.

Ive used the KPA for the few acoustic songs in our live set for a few years and its been great. Mostly use the stock Kemper "Acoustic B" profile. Adjusted the Compression slightly and was good to go. It sounds great through the PA. I also use a Maton acoustics. An EBG-808 (w AP5 Mic electronics), as well as a TE-1 which just has a piezo (no onboard mic). Use the exact same profile for both and the guitars differences sound true and honest.

Sounds great, small, good value, proven reliable and (in the U.S anyway) easily available.

Checked all the boxes for me. I bought one for a monitor and liked it so much the band ended up buying another 2, and a matching Yamaha sub as a rehersal/small gig P.A.

Lots of great alternative options out there for sure, but the DXR10's had a great reputation, so we went with them, and have never regretted it.

In order to manage the performance slots, it will be necessary to have access to the performance "Arrange" selection, and then have access to the "Move Up" and "Move Down". It will also be necessary to be able to read out the performances.

If all I do is make a performance manager, I think that these functions alone would allow this functionality to work

Yep. Without access to those simple features is see no way for you to move forward and address dated and clunky KPA performance arrange functionality.

As far as I know, the majority of the send/receive features are not accessible remotely with the current FW, so I genuinely think your going to be out of luck making this work. Makes me sad tbh as its such a simple thing to implement if the required inputs were mapped. With full KPA access, its basically just a glorified Excel spreadsheet, but obviously much more challenging to implement as a limited access DIY solution. Sill confused as to why this isn't in the official Rig Manager.

None the less, I did a mockup of what I imagine a functional PC performance editor/manager GUI would look like and need.

Really really hope this project can make it to a release. Much needed imo.

[Blocked Image: http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o566/bradgreen78/KPA%20PC%20PManager%20Mock%20v1.1_zps4n0sefr7.png]

Awesome idea @OneEng1 !!

IMO the idea could be stripped down to be just a Performance Arranger/Setlist Editor program & it would still make the vast majority of us " 1 Performance Per Song" live users deliriously happy. Arranging setlists is easily my biggest annoyance with the KPA. Makes me mad before every show, haha. No idea why the current arrange feature is so limited. Being able to arrange and save multiple lists on a PC, (and being able select one of those lists and send it to the KPA) would be a huge step in the right direction. Ultimately I think all these lists should be stored directly in the KPA and recalled at the turn of a dial (similar to selecting an effect with the browse knob), but an external software version is really the only DIY option, so I thinks it a killer idea.

A little confused by the additional "modify" features you're looking onto though. Very cool for sure, but personally, I'm not sure I'd use the editor buttons over the KPA faceplate buttons to turn things on and off when creating and saving individual slots. I guess I don't edit slots in the performance much once they are made. I'm probably not thinking deep enough into it. What is your workflow vision for that feature?

It would be great to have versatile copy/paste functions in the software to aid creating new performances. Many of mine start off as a simple duplicate of a pre-existing performance, then tweaked to what I need with effects, gain adjustments etc, then just saved with a new name. Additionally being able to easily copy and paste individual slots between performances with a few mouse clicks would be awesome also.

Love the direction the 1.0 GUI is taking. I have a few random ideas for it, but would be interested to see what others suggest before throwing them out there :)

Again.. very cool stuff. Thanks for taking the time to look into this.. You've got some skills!

In my never ending quest to make my rig smaller and lighter I picked up an AMT EX-50 expression pedal. It's replacing a Mission pedal that has been great, but is too big to fit in the front pocket of my gig bag with my new backup KPA (an Atomic Amplifire 3). Have owned an AMT SS-20 overdrive/distortion for years (my previous live backup "amp") and it's never failed me, so was pretty interested in the AMT expression pedal.

Wasn't expecting to really like the small size of the EX-50 when in use, but its surprisingly awesome. Plugged it in, pressed calibrate in the KPA system menu, rocked it back and forth, and was good to go. Lovely.

Yes, it's comically small (my bass player called it "adorable" haha) but feels fine under foot, is super solid, and has a very "natural" range. Was weird the 1st few times I stepped on it at rehearsal as it only sits under the middle of your shoe, but by the end of the night, it was second nature and didnt even enter my mind.

Well worth a look if you're looking for a small expression pedal for whatever reason. The Mission has served me very well, and will now be retired to the closet of much loved but ultimately retired pedals :)

[Blocked Image: http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o566/bradgreen78/20170527_204552_zpsx8qtuoqd.jpg]

If you can grasp that simple concept, and the implications it has, then you'll really understand the true complexity and challenge it presents and why Kemper has not committed to providing one yet. The core model for which they built the system probably would need to be overhauled.

I may be misunderstanding but not sure I agree with this. I believe @OneEng1 is referring to different "setlists" using the same performances and settings - just re arranging them and letting that new order (and multiple other setlists) be stored and recalled. If that is the case the core functionality is all already there (from the front panel of the KPA you can arrange performances, arrange slots via copy/paste, etc) so I doubt simply mapping these functions to a pc editor would be that crazy involved. Also, the current single performance order is already stored somewhere (retained during power cycle) so making a copy of that to be recalled later shouldn't be a big road block. The re-callable "setlist" sequences themselves would be a tiny and effectively insignificant amount of data.

IMO a full featured PC editor is badly needed for multiple reasons. It would greatly improve general workflow, modern studio integration, and nightly live performance configuration. Frankly, it would also help the hardware stay relevant in the coming years as software amp sims and competing hardware solutions continue to improve and innovate at ever increasing speeds.

@Cederick[/url] mentioned wanting rackmount (which the amplifire technically isnt) but it is small and should easily fit in a 2u rack.

I received the Atomic AmplifFire 3 the other day and just wanted to follow up to say it doesn't fit in my (very full) rack quite as nicely as I had hoped so it just going to live in the front pocket my guitar case. Really love that it has footswitches on it. Even if for some reason absolutely everything my KPA rig stops working, I'm still good and could do a show no problem. No need for the KPA at every practice either now. Guitar case and done. The perfect backup pedal IMO.

Seriously surprised with how good it sounds tbh (loaded the Mbritt patch pack). Some of its tones are right up there with my KPA favorites!