Posts by lightbox

And don't forget that keeping the supply low also makes the pricing structure stable. No market pressure for discounts. Common business practice, although I don't know if this would be intentional by Kemper GmbH.

Ok, thanks.
    So if I understand you correctly, there's only the actual profile data (split into amp data and cab data under the hood), the 'Definition' parameter of the 'AMP' slot and the 'GAIN' parameter set automatically. Is that correct? Nothing else is changed by the profiling process?

One more question:
    When I started to describe the signal chain in our Wiki, I obviously forgot the big 'GAIN' and 'VOLUME' knobs. Can someone explain me, at which point in the signal chain they actually sit?

Thanks,
    Martin

Hey gang,

I'm one of those folks who haven't profiled an amp due to a serious lack of tube amps.
    So I have to ask a pretty simple question:

If you profile an amp, which parts of the signal chain are automatically 'generated' and 'adjusted' by the profiling process? Only the AMP's and the CAB's profile data? Or is there some automatic EQ adjustment in the STACK section as well? Any other parameters? Would like to add this info to our Wiki.

Cheers,
    Martin

I would appreciate a statement from Kemper staff, if they have fixed the "broken LED issue" in the latest Profilers and in replacement parts. I wouldn't like to send my lunchbox to service for maybe 1 month with the result that LEDs break again after 6 months or 1 year.

Sad to hear that. And you might be in trouble now because there's simply no better amp simulator. You'll have to go for real tube amps now. The Profiler was the best plug & play device I've ever bought in my whole life. When I switch it on and start playing, hours just fly. Anyway, wish you good luck with your search for a better solution. :)

Let's try this one. ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Glad to see you changed your mind. :)
    And if you still want to have the feel of someone blowing your hair while you're playing ... there's always better, bigger speakers you could try. But there won't be something better than the Kemper Profiler for many years to come. Just don't go for guitar cabs like some others do. It massivly reduces the flexibility of the Profiler's sound capabilities. FRFR is the way to go. :)

Cheers,
    Martin

I own my lunchbox just 7 months now and there's already 1 LED gone at the Volume knob.
    I've been running my lunchbox with the LED Collars dimmed to 2.0 since day 1. It's amazing to see LEDs go south after such short period of time and I really don't like that at all. It doesn't give me a good impression on build quality or quality parts.

What makes me even more worried is the fact that I would have to send it somewhere and wait for weeks without a Profiler right beside me. I don't like that at all! And I don't even know if the replacement would have better LEDs or if I will have to send my Profiler to service every 6 months until I stop playing guitar or can't pay my electricity bills anymore.

... It will definitly cure your Amp Gas :D

... and introduce you to Rig/Profile GAS :D

Your post clearly shows that you already know the problem. It's the speakers and their position, both. You need Amp in a Room feeling? Go get something capable of moving some air. You can get used to studio monitoring feel? Then change the position of the speakers first. Try if it's better for you. Otherwise you will have to go for bigger speakers, honestly. Or try with some really good headphones like Beyer Dynamic DT 770 Pro just to make sure the actual sound of the lunchbox isn't the problem.