Posts by Navar

Hey,

I did some reampings yesterday and I had an issue with some profiles while previewing them with the RM.

This thing happened only with rigs stored on my Kemper unit and it seemed that the rig wasn't loaded completly. It resulted in a strange very loud noise from the rig which overloaded the connected SPDIF completly. I could reproduce it with a rig from Lasse Lammerts Rig Pack (LL - ChugChug).
    When I load it direct from the unit's browser everything is fine, it only happens when I preview from the Rig Manager.

Perhaps the Rig is broken, I tried to remove and reload it, but the issue stays the same. For me it seems, like the rig is not loaded completly or some values are totally broken.

RM and FW are latest available versions.

Don't know if it's a bug or a broken profile.

But nevertheless reamping with the Rig Manager and a strong coffee is so much fun :)

I think I misunderstood this passage in the addendum and thought, that the "reamp sense" for adjusting distorted sounds should work for both reamp methods

"
    ✔Both the Return Input and SPDIF Input do not respond to the settings of Clean Sense and Distorted Sense.
    They have their dedicated control Reamp Sense, as described in the Reamping chapter.
    "

Installed the update. Can´t tell you how much I love Kemper. The new reamping section is brilliant.

Does the "reamp sense" for SPDIF reamping connection work for you? I didn't notice any level change when I tried to optimize my reamping signal from my interfaces SPDIF out...

The beta firmware runs very good here :)

When I read about the new "reamp sense" parameter I got really excited, because I made this whish some months ago and it will perfectly close the last gap for me.
    I've tried out how it works but I didn't get any difference by turning the reamp sense up or down for SPDIF connections. I didn't tried the analog connection because I've set up everything for SPDIF at the moment. Can anyone confirm this or tell me what I'm doing wrong? SPDIF connection works perfect, reamping over SPDIF too...

no havent touch to total mix beside splitting my spdif from stereo to 2 mono tracks....
    I changed the output of my DI track to spdif, tries with the DI track than with a bus and didn't work.

I would really love those screenshot since my first language is french and I sometimes have problems understandin 100%
    english with technical words!!

Sorry, I was too late home yesterday, I'll take a look at my settings today.

Sorry I'm a newb with the kemper and first time I try using spdif......
    In my daw (cubase 7) I can track with spdif my dry track (left) and my wet track (right) with my spdif conections...
    Now when I try to reap, I choose the spdif input in the input section of the kemper but when I try do reamp I don't get any sound
    or I get a weird feedback ....

My interface is and rme UCX!

Thanks all!!

Than, I think, you've done something wrong in your TotalMix. You have to check your routing and mixer settings in your RME TotalMix. Make sure, that only the output bus from your DAW is going to the spdif output on your RME. It works perfect with my RME UC ... if you don't get it I can make some screenshots of my TotalMix later this evening.

The only thing I noticed is a little loss of gain during reamping with spdif. But that's more a problem of the DI signal (especially with high gain output passive pickups) than the reamping process. The most beautiful thing for me would be a kind of "reamp sense" parameter for adjusting the reamp gain without changing anything else.

Ive having the clicking with my KPA and SPDIF so far i havent heard any clicks and pops from the main out but im doing more testing tonite

This could be a synchronizing problem in your SPDIF connection. Unsynchronized connections could lead to clicks and cracks without a total fail of the signal. Check, if your sound interface is correctly set up for SPDIF sync from the Kemper...
    Sorry but for the other problem I've got no idea...